ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Buehler445 07-16-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5905367)
Gotcha, she just likes him from spiderman hehe.

Tell her to catch Royal Pains on USA. Pretty enjoyable. (At least I think it is the guy you're alking about)

While you're at it catch Burn Notice

[/hijack]
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee 07-16-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5905778)
Tell her to catch Royal Pains on USA. Pretty enjoyable. (At least I think it is the guy you're alking about)

While you're at it catch Burn Notice

[/hijack]
Posted via Mobile Device

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...co-Posters.jpg
is not
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-pho...ere-02Cgtz.jpg
or
http://magazines.humber.ca/finecut20...ocostanzo2.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2009 02:28 PM

Anything else from 'Tiger Beat' for us today, Mr. Lee?

Baby Lee 07-16-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5905983)
Anything else from 'Tiger Beat' for us today, Mr. Lee?

I considered just posting the names, but visually showing that they don't even look much alike seemed more appropriately embarassing.

Just be glad I didn't post the first result from the google image search for Paulo Costanzo

Buehler445 07-16-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5905997)
I considered just posting the names, but visually showing that they don't even look much alike seemed more appropriately embarassing.

Just be glad I didn't post the first result from the google image search for Paulo Costanzo

My bad.

They look similar.

Watch Burn Notice anyway. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 07-16-2009 02:55 PM

I just bought burn notice season 1 on dvd :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5905997)

LMAO True 'dat.

Buck 07-16-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5905957)

Speaking of Franco, I just got my copy of Freaks and Geeks the complete series in the mail today. It was on sale at Amazon last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5906056)
I just bought burn notice season 1 on dvd :D

Is that a good show?

Baby Lee 07-16-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5906327)
Is [Burn Notice] a good show?

Cross McGuyver with the Bourne series.

Weston is a covert spy who receives a 'Burn Notice,' that is notification that he's no longer covered by intelligence assets [IDs, $$, gadgets] or protected, in the middle of a covert op. He escapes the situation and ends up in Miami. He has two friends, an old ex-CIA guy with a few limited avenues he can work for info when needed, and an ex-GF from a former covert mission who's a pyro and gun expert/nut.

He gets into helping people in need who can't use traditional law enforcement for whatever reason to fund his effort to find out who burned him and why.

They make extensive use of voiceovers to explain his improvisational efforts [both in terms of strategy, ie 'when it comes to casing a business invisibly nothing beats posing as the IT guy' and gadgets. He retrieved a guy's cell phone info from a few 100 yards away by rigging a device consisting of IIRC a bluetooth receiver and a pringles can].

It's not gritty or hard boiled like Bourne [hence the cross with the lighter mooded McGuyver], but they play him as quickwitted and hardened as Bourne.

It's good for brainless entertainment that's not so brainless. It's not Deadwood or The Wire, but it's darn entertaining.

Buehler445 07-16-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5906339)
Cross McGuyver with the Bourne series.

Weston is a covert spy who receives a 'Burn Notice,' that is notification that he's no longer covered by intelligence assets [IDs, $$, gadgets] or protected, in the middle of a covert op. He escapes the situation and ends up in Miami. He has two friends, an old ex-CIA guy with a few limited avenues he can work for info when needed, and an ex-GF from a former covert mission who's a pyro and gun expert/nut.

He gets into helping people in need who can't use traditional law enforcement for whatever reason to fund his effort to find out who burned him and why.

They make extensive use of voiceovers to explain his improvisational efforts [both in terms of strategy, ie 'when it comes to casing a business invisibly nothing beats posing as the IT guy' and gadgets. He retrieved a guy's cell phone info from a few 100 yards away by rigging a device consisting of IIRC a bluetooth receiver and a pringles can].

It's not gritty or hard boiled like Bourne [hence the cross with the lighter mooded McGuyver], but they play him as quickwitted and hardened as Bourne.

It's good for brainless entertainment that's not so brainless. It's not Deadwood or The Wire, but it's darn entertaining.

Wow. That's a pretty amazing review.

Yes. It's a good ass show. I can't get enough.

Sure-Oz 07-16-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5906327)
Speaking of Franco, I just got my copy of Freaks and Geeks the complete series in the mail today. It was on sale at Amazon last week.

Is that a good show?

My friends love it and ive seen the 1st 2 episodes and can understand why. Baby Lee covered it from what ive heard....def. a good show

Halfcan 07-16-2009 05:03 PM

just watched 4 Horsemen with Dennis Quaid last night.

Sick twisted movie with a confusing dumb ending. Pass on it.

Frazod 07-19-2009 05:26 PM

HARRY POTTER SPOILER ALERT (not really necessary, but I'll put it up here to be polite)

Just got back from the latest Harry Potter movie, which probably should have been entitled Harry Potter Cries At His Latest Beatdown.

In this movie, Harry plays a bit of quiddich, experiences teen angst, discovers a couple of clues for shit in later movies, and stands by helplessly as a trusted mentor gets greased by the Cackling Forces of Evil, then cries about it later. Gee, I haven't seen anything like this since THE LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE.

I haven't read the books, but does this kid ever stop being a wimp? Jesus.

:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-19-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5911763)
HARRY POTTER SPOILER ALERT (not really necessary, but I'll put it up here to be polite)

Just got back from the latest Harry Potter movie, which probably should have been entitled Harry Potter Cries At His Latest Beatdown.

In this movie, Harry plays a bit of quiddich, experiences teen angst, discovers a couple of clues for shit in later movies, and stands by helplessly as a trusted mentor gets greased by the Cackling Forces of Evil, then cries about it later. Gee, I haven't seen anything like this since THE LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE.

I haven't read the books, but does this kid ever stop being a wimp? Jesus.

:shake:

LMAO

Ceej 07-19-2009 06:57 PM

Just watched about 30 minutes of Extreme Movie, or something like that. Not everyone bats a thousand. It was garbage. Also rented Slumdog Millionaire, Fanboyz and Unborn.
Posted via Mobile Device