ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Dunit35 11-21-2010 10:14 PM

Small end SPOILER

Great episode. The redneck with that shotgun....I want that gun, it was extremely quiet and no kick to it. That part made us lol.

Fairplay 11-21-2010 10:17 PM

If anyone sees a dude walking around with just one hand, then thats my bro. You got that?

Buck 11-22-2010 12:00 AM

You could tell that episode was directed by Kirkman (althought IMDB says it wasn't, he told me personally at Comic-Con that he was directing episode 4). That episode felt a lot like the comic, much more than any of the other episodes so far. It was great.

That scene where they were sitting by the fire was almost directly from the comic. The only reason you could say it wasn't was because some of the new characters who weren't in the book, and I think Dale wasn't talking about a watch (could be wrong...).

Buck 11-22-2010 12:07 AM

Oh, and where did Merle go?

Shogun 11-22-2010 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7190918)
Oh, and where did Merle go?

Hopefully to KC to play NT.

Great episode. I was at the edge of my seat at the end when the Zombies invaded camp. Was definitely the defining moment of the rest of the season, IMO.

Deberg_1990 11-24-2010 08:37 AM

Great episode the other night. Im really starting to like Daryl alot....

Loved all the stuff with the "Vatos" and how they flipped the sterotype on its head. Didnt see that coming at all.

Killer ending with the attack.

Wheres Merel??

Could the crew really walk back from downtown Atlanta to the suburbs that fast??

blaise 11-24-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7194610)
Great episode the other night. Im really starting to like Daryl alot....

Loved all the stuff with the "Vatos" and how they flipped the sterotype on its head. Didnt see that coming at all.

Killer ending with the attack.

Wheres Merel??

Could the crew really walk back from downtown Atlanta to the suburbs that fast??

I'm thinking the dead followed Merle back somehow.

Fairplay 11-24-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Well, this is a test series for AMC. I would surmise the network only gave them so much money to work with and they had to make the best of it. Since it is going over well and a second season planned more money should be free to make it more realistic.
One moment in the country then, they are in the city, no inbetweens was kind of funny actually.

Sadly, season two won't be until Oct. 2011.

Deberg_1990 11-24-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 7194637)
Well, this is a test series for AMC. I would surmise the network only gave them so much money to work with and they had to make the best of it. Since it is going over well and a second season planned more money should be free to make it more realistic.
One moment in the country then, they are in the city, no inbetweens was kind of funny actually.

I was half joking.....not a big deal to me anyways....i understand there is always dramatic and artistic license in any TV show.

Heres another....why are they always going back into the big city where its more densely populated with zombies? Why not go check out the suburbs with Lowes and Wal Mart?

blaise 11-24-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 7194637)

October 2011? Is that right? Holy crap that's a long time.

Fairplay 11-24-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7194643)
I was half joking.....not a big deal to me anyways....i understand there is always dramatic and artistic license in any TV show.

Heres another....why are they always going back into the big city where its more densely populated with zombies? Why not go check out the suburbs with Lowes and Wal Mart?

Yes i knew you were joking. Also i thought there would be hundreds of cars, trucks, suvs that any of them could grab to drive back with. Instead they hoofed it back to their zombie invaded camp.

Either you are in the city or the woods, no inbetweens. That is the rule.

siberian khatru 11-24-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Maybe.

That rock quarry they're at really exists -- it's just off I-85, about a couple of miles SW of the airport.

The airport is less than 10 miles from downtown. Now, where did they leave the truck? Which railroad track is that? I don't know.

So let's say they left the truck a mile from downtown. That means they were less than 10 miles from the camp. If they averaged about 3 mph, it would take about 20 minutes to walk a mile. If they were 8 miles away, it would've taken them about 2 1/2 hours to get to the camp.

When did they start walking from the truck site? What time did the zombie attack occur?

bevischief 11-24-2010 03:29 PM

After dark.

bowener 11-24-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7173790)
NOW THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE

The ****ing music in the background near the end was awesome too.

Shane accidentally Ed.

Merle accidentally his hand.

Man o man I wonder what happened to Merle.

This is something I have wondered for a while, and this show brought it back up...
Spoiler!

bowener 11-24-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7194680)
October 2011? Is that right? Holy crap that's a long time.

Not really. It started in Oct. 2010. Honestly, that is a pretty quick turnaround for a show that has hour long episodes. It just means you will have a 6 month wait from the end of season 1 to that start of season 2.

edit:
Just remembered that there are only 6 episodes in season 1. Teasing bastards. Yes, it is a bit of a wait then.