ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 05:37 PM

I actually want to keep Gary Gibbs around. I think Pasqualoni ends up in New England.

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 6435244)
if it's his source he gets his info he posts on its never been wrong. He's been spot on for some stuff when he says its legit.

It's a joke dude.

booger 01-11-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435254)
I actually want to keep Gary Gibbs around. I think Pasqualoni ends up in New England.

I know people are down on Vrabel's decline and rightfully so. But it was nice to hear him complement the job he did with the LB's.

Yeah, i agree i'd like to see Gibbs back.

RustShack 01-11-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6435254)

Some teams have an ILB coach and OLB coach.

booger 01-11-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435260)
It's a joke dude.

no biggie.:) figured it might be

I like to give the guy credit when i can. He's good people.

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435204)
Source?

sorry. not "the source" info. I always label "the source" info. Unless you see that label, its not the reliable info that so far...knocks on wood...evah been wrong. Thats the seal of approval. You don't see that seal of approval...I'm either BS'ing, being a smartalek or its from another source.

I've still not heard anything more than I posted on game day last week.

oldandslow 01-11-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 6435244)
if it's his source he gets his info he posts on its never been wrong. He's been spot on for some stuff when he says its legit.

Yep, BRC is the best source for chiefs' info in KC...

booger 01-11-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6435267)
Some teams have an ILB coach and OLB coach.

Most 3-4 teams do something like that. It seemed to me in camp and the preseason it seemed like Anthony Pleasant worked quite a bit w/ Hali Vrabel and Studebaker along with the DL.

I could see him being hired on full time as a OLB/DE assistant in whatever they title it. Possibly the main DL coach if Crennel is DC and can groom him.

I like Dan Quinn from the seahawks, Mike waufle of the giants, talking about joining the skins, or greg blache of the skins as possible DL coachs.

Mr. Laz 01-11-2010 05:43 PM

fyi - i have turned on the NFL network and haven't seen anything about Crennel on there yet.

i doubt we hear anything definite about Crennel until after the shrine.

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 05:43 PM

Yea when its BRC's soruce it's a PRINT EM'!

Lzen 01-11-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435105)
I'm the Planet's Rodney. :facepalm:
http://sturdyroots.files.wordpress.c...ngerfield1.jpg

Naw, we all love ya, man. :D

kcchiefsus 01-11-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6434932)
This article is a bunch of slop. A shity website and the Chiefs ran a 3-4 this year Florio.

That's what he said:

Under Crennel, the Chiefs will continue to use the 3-4 defense; the challenge will be to continue to get the right personnel for it, given that the team previously used a 4-3 alignment.

He was stating that up until recently (before this past season) we had been running the 4-3.

booger 01-11-2010 05:46 PM

With them not renewing Joe D'allasandres contract as asst.OL coach i could see them hiring Pasqualoni as TE coach and moving Bicknell back to OL to assist Muir since Muir could probably retire any time within a couple years i would assume.

Also be interesting about Dedric Ward since he was demoted and Richie Anderson took over what happens to each of them.

Lzen 01-11-2010 05:46 PM

FTR, I would love for Crennel to be the DC of the Chiefs. He's the guy I wanted last year. I hope this happens.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-11-2010 05:46 PM

Giants' candidate Crennel joins Chiefs

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...ylzTTgr5Hj3wEI

6:28 PM, January 11, 2010 ι By PAUL SCHWARTZ
One-time Giants assistant and former Browns head coach Romeo Crennel will not be the new Giants defensive coordinator. Crennel has been hired to run the Chiefs defense.

Crenell never interviewed with Tom Coughlin but the Giants did express some interest.

One candidate Coughlin has already interviewed, former Bills head coach Perry Fewell, was in Chicago to speak with head coach Lovie Smith about the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell is considered the front-runner.

Fewell, once Coughlin's defensive backs coach with the Jaguars, met last Thursday with Coughlin with the understanding he was in the running for the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell worked in St. Louis and Chicago for Smith and it appears the two will work together again.

Another interesting possibility: Mike Zimmer. His contract will soon expire with the Bengals. Zimmer successfully ran the defenses for the Cowboys and Falcons and did a solid job this season in Cincinnati. Zimmer may attract some interest around the league as a potential head-coaching candidate.

Tom Cable is expected to be fired as head coach of the Raiders and if he is, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride is again likely to get an interview. Gilbride last year interviewed for the job.