ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Baby Lee 07-08-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887378)
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Chazz. Please forgive me.

I'll add you to the long list of geniouses here who just can't understand that it's possible to understand the ending and not like it.

Note to self, when one alludes, however tangentially, to you potentially being a redneck, 'yer a metrofaig' is a witty and self-sufficient rhetorical retort.

Frazzy Keith tol' me so.

Frazod 07-08-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5887398)
Note to self, when one alludes, however tangentially, to you potentially being a redneck, 'yer a metrofaig' is a witty and self-sufficient rhetorical retort.

Frazzy Keith tol' me so.

You sound so clever. Almost like a big city lawyer.

Oceanic815Survivor 07-08-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5887383)
blame it on the material. they made a movie of cormac mccarthy's book. you can't just change a ****ing ending of somebody elses work to keep the masses happy. jesus

I know it was a book first and that it was 99% accurate to that source. I would have been mad if they had changed it for film. Doesn't mean I like the way it was done

Reaper16 07-08-2009 12:54 PM

This is a trope.

Frazod 07-08-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887392)
By the way, I bought the DVD of this movie based on the wonderful reviews it received. As a result, I now own a DVD I'll never watch again.

So, as a gesture of goodwill to all the Chazzes out there, I'll mail the ****ing thing to the first person who PMs me their address. Free of charge.

We have a winner.

Buck 07-08-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887392)
By the way, I bought the DVD of this movie based on the wonderful reviews it received. As a result, I now own a DVD I'll never watch again.

So, as a gesture of goodwill to all the Chazzes out there, I'll mail the ****ing thing to the first person who PMs me their address. Free of charge.

Are you going to mail it in a bag of dog shit?

Oceanic815Survivor 07-08-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5887388)
I'd humbly [really] suggest another viewing. I've NEVER liked a Coen brothers movie as much the first time as subsequently. And I LOVE every single one of their movies [except The Man Who Wasn't There and Ladykillers, both of which I've only seen once].

Like I said, I liked the movie. I hit up frazod for his dvd of it. I agree, Coen Bros movies are much better the second time thru.

L.A. Chieffan 07-08-2009 12:56 PM

is it blu-ray frazod?

blaise 07-08-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5887330)
Why is this up for debate?

He was pure evil. No one could stop him. Then one day he gets hit by a car. Some kids help him (which usually he kills anyone who interacts with him) and he pays them [Evil isn't always pure evil]. Evil survives and eludes capture - yet again. And he walks off into the distance bound to surface once more....

How does that not make sense?

Tommy Lee Jones even point blank gives you the reason for the ending. It's not worth chasing evil because it'll always be around - always survive.

But he also seems to acknowledge that there are people, stronger than him, who fight against it. (his father) He's sort of saying, 'I quit. I'm not tough enough to fight a battle I can't win.'

Frazod 07-08-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5887421)
is it blu-ray frazod?

No, just regular. I'm sending it to Oceanic815Survivor.

Reaper16 07-08-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5887435)
But he also seems to acknowledge that there are people, stronger than him, who fight against it. (his father) He's sort of saying, 'I quit. I'm not tough enough to fight a battle I can't win.'

Much like this discussion.

Frazod 07-08-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5887418)
Are you going to mail it in a bag of dog shit?

LMAO That would be rude as hell, wouldn't it?

No, I'm just sending him the movie. Truly, I want somebody who'll appreciate it to have it.

Buck 07-08-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887449)
LMAO That would be rude as hell, wouldn't it?

No, I'm just sending him the movie. Truly, I want somebody who'll appreciate it to have it.

I'm sure he will. I know the guy, hes a big time movie buff. I pretty much respect his opinion about Movies/TV more than anyone I know.

In other news, anyone gonna catch District 9?

Frazod 07-08-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5887447)
Much like this discussion.

Amen. :D

Swanman 07-08-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 5887465)
I'm sure he will. I know the guy, hes a big time movie buff. I pretty much respect his opinion about Movies/TV more than anyone I know.

In other news, anyone gonna catch District 9?

I'm thinking I will, although from the one trailer don't know what the hell it's about but looks like it could be interesting.

Next weekend is all about Harry Potter for me. Yes, I'm a dork but I loved the books and this movie has the potential to the be the series' Empire Strikes Back with its darkness and ending. So far so good on Rotten Tomatoes but not many reviews yet.