ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Frazod 07-08-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5887143)
Just because I was joking doesn't mean you or frazod are off the hook for not seeing the brilliance of NCfOM's ending.

I'll just have to live with the shame.

I understand Chazz has taken out a restraining order against me. I'll never be able to go within 150 feet of Greenwich Village again! :deevee:

Buck 07-08-2009 11:59 AM

Everybody has their own opinion of the movie.

I just don't see why people who have a different opinion than you are idiots?

Why is this movie even being argued about?

Reaper16 07-08-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887225)
I'll just have to live with the shame.

I understand Chazz has taken out a restraining order against me. I'll never be able to go within 150 feet of Greenwich Village again! :deevee:

This anti-intellectualism thing you've got going on with this Chazz composite character is unbecoming.

blaise 07-08-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5887256)
This anti-intellectualism thing you've got going on with this Chazz composite character is unbecoming.

I think Chazz is more of a sweater around the neck, Connecticut yacht club name than Greenwich Village beatnik anyway. I would think maybe Julian or Tristan.

Frazod 07-08-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5887256)

So is the YOU'RE A ****ING NEANDERTHAL IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS MOVIE IS THE GREATEST THING EVAR!!!!!1121 thing.

Reaper16 07-08-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887286)
So is the YOU'RE A ****ING NEANDERTHAL IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS MOVIE IS THE GREATEST THING EVAR!!!!!1121 thing.

No it isn't.

Frazod 07-08-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5887290)
No it isn't.

LMAO

You're a douchebag, but I like you anyway.

L.A. Chieffan 07-08-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanic815Survivor (Post 5887158)
I understand why they did it. I also realize that it makes a ton of sense artistically. Im basing my opinion solely on how it made me feel when it ended, which was unfulfilled. It was an amazing movie, I just feel like it suddenly ended without feeling like and ending. Like I said before, I have no problem with the bad guy winning/killing the good guy/getting away, more power to them, but at least end an epic movie like that epically, which I dont feel they did. I know its insanely close to the book, so I dont blame the Coen Bros at all. Great movie, unfulfilling ending

it's supposed to make you feel that way. thats the point of the movie. not every good story has to leave you happy, skipping along with bunnies.

'shakespeare should have changed the ending of romeo & juliet because it was just too depressing man...'

Reaper16 07-08-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5887292)
LMAO

You're a douchebag, but I like you anyway.

:D

Swanman 07-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanic815Survivor (Post 5887218)
That was the second to last scene. The last scene was him driving away and getting hit by that car and talking to some kids and walking away. I probably would have been ok if the movie had ended after the girlfriend scene, with his just walking away. But the whole car accident thing felt unnecessary. I only saw it once, i know there was meaning in that scene that i recognized at the time, i forget what it is now though. Im sure it was more of the same message as the rest of the film which i feel got drilled into our heads throughout the movie anyway. Like I said, great movie, mediocre ending, good themes, good characters, overall excellent movie, but not perfect

Seems to me that the car accident scene at the end just drilled home the feeling that anyone is subject to random shit happening and no one is ever completely in control. By having the unstoppable killer get blindsided like that just showed that no one is above that. That's what I got out of it anyway.

Oceanic815Survivor 07-08-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5887301)
it's supposed to make you feel that way. thats the point of the movie. not every good story has to leave you happy, skipping along with bunnies.

'shakespeare should have changed the ending of romeo & juliet because it was just too depressing man...'

Im pretty sure I have said repeatedly that I have no problem with unhappy endings. I dont think everything should always end happy cause it doesn't. So make sure you actually read the post next time. Apparently I haven't made my opinion on this clear enough despite the many times I have said it.

Oceanic815Survivor 07-08-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 5887317)
Seems to me that the car accident scene at the end just drilled home the feeling that anyone is subject to random shit happening and no one is ever completely in control. By having the unstoppable killer get blindsided like that just showed that no one is above that. That's what I got out of it anyway.

That makes complete total sense. Like I said, only saw it once so i dont remember a lot of details. Kudos to you good sir :clap:

irishjayhawk 07-08-2009 12:30 PM

Why is this up for debate?

He was pure evil. No one could stop him. Then one day he gets hit by a car. Some kids help him (which usually he kills anyone who interacts with him) and he pays them [Evil isn't always pure evil]. Evil survives and eludes capture - yet again. And he walks off into the distance bound to surface once more....

How does that not make sense?

Tommy Lee Jones even point blank gives you the reason for the ending. It's not worth chasing evil because it'll always be around - always survive.

L.A. Chieffan 07-08-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanic815Survivor (Post 5887218)
That was the second to last scene. The last scene was him driving away and getting hit by that car and talking to some kids and walking away. I probably would have been ok if the movie had ended after the girlfriend scene, with his just walking away. But the whole car accident thing felt unnecessary. I only saw it once, i know there was meaning in that scene that i recognized at the time, i forget what it is now though. Im sure it was more of the same message as the rest of the film which i feel got drilled into our heads throughout the movie anyway. Like I said, great movie, mediocre ending, good themes, good characters, overall excellent movie, but not perfect

Chigurh used something as random as a coin flip to determine a persons fate. Chigurh getting hit on the passenger side opposed to the driver side was the only thing that saved his life. Complete chance. Things you can't control.

Frazod 07-08-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanic815Survivor (Post 5887324)
Im pretty sure I have said repeatedly that I have no problem with unhappy endings. I dont think everything should always end happy cause it doesn't. So make sure you actually read the post next time. Apparently I haven't made my opinion on this clear enough despite the many times I have said it.

It's a standard argument for the NCFOM defenders - "you don't get it, you wanted it to end like Mary Poppins!"

Yeah, that's it. I must have a happy ending. I guess that's why Glory and Doctor Zhivago are two of my favorite movies. And The Godfather Parts I and II - sure was nice to see Michael Corleone come out on top - what a wonderful fellow he turned out to be!