ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Ceej 07-07-2009 07:17 AM

Living in Kansas, America I can't tell the difference between a Massachusetts or New York accent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great Expectations 07-07-2009 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=KCChiefsMan;5884064]Casey Afleck, Ben's little bro. [QUOTE]

Casey > Ben

blaise 07-07-2009 08:02 AM

Ben did a good job as director for Gone Baby Gone though.

Ceej 07-07-2009 08:17 AM

I did read where Ben directed this flick before I watched it. I was pleasantly surprised. A great flick, imo. It's funny to see Morgan Freeman drop some "F" bombs.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeepPurple 07-07-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 5882526)
Watched Burn After Reading over the weekend. Definitely quirky. I liked it ok I guess. The characters kept it interesting, and any movie with a pompous John Malkovich is worth a watch IMO.

That movie started out great, not as good as Raising Arizona, but very good until Brad Pitt got killed. The Coen's did it twice in a row, No Country for Old Men was great until Josh Brolin got killed.

Quote:

I just got done watching Gone, Baby Gone. Excellent flick. I liked the main actor (his name escapes me).
If you liked Casey Afleck in Gone Baby, then you should see him in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Brad Pitt plays Jesse and Afleck plays Ford. It's long and slow but very interesting, Sam Rockwell was also very good as Ford's brother.

Swanman 07-07-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5884184)
It's a Boston accent they use, but the point is still the same I guess.

I love when Casey told the guy he was going to punch his cahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhddddd. Great performance by him.

Amy Ryan as the useless white trash mother was off the charts amazing.

Swanman 07-07-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5881780)
Okay, he's not always great. But he has done great work, here and there.

Cruise in Tropic Thunder = Gold

blaise 07-07-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 5884560)
I love when Casey told the guy he was going to punch his cahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhddddd. Great performance by him.

Amy Ryan as the useless white trash mother was off the charts amazing.

That movie was based off of a Dennis Lehane book, just like Mystic River. Scorsese is making a movie from another one of his books called Shutter Island; Leonardo DiCaprio stars in it. It's supposed to be release in October of this year. I bet it's very good.
Sam Raimi is also directing an adaptation of another of his books, The Given Day.
So far his books have translated well to the screen so I have high hopes.

Oceanic815Survivor 07-07-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5884599)
That movie was based off of a Dennis Lehane book, just like Mystic River. Scorsese is making a movie from another one of his books called Shutter Island; Leonardo DiCaprio stars in it. It's supposed to be release in October of this year. I bet it's very good.
Sam Raimi is also directing an adaptation of another of his books, The Given Day.
So far his books have translated well to the screen so I have high hopes.

I saw the trailer for Shutter Island the other day. It looks crazy good. Leo will make this movie his b!tch

KevB 07-07-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceanic815Survivor (Post 5884668)
I saw the trailer for Shutter Island the other day. It looks crazy good. Leo will make this movie his b!tch

Just checked out this trailer ---- I'm very intrigued.

Oceanic815Survivor 07-07-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 5884837)
Just checked out this trailer ---- I'm very intrigued.

It could either be crazy good or super lame. With Scorsese and DiCaprio though there is a good chance for the later

blaise 07-07-2009 12:17 PM

I'm assuming you mean former?

Oceanic815Survivor 07-07-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5884856)
I'm assuming you mean former?

Wow, yes, yes I did. Its annoying not having coffee :doh!:

KCChiefsMan 07-07-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 5884354)
That movie started out great, not as good as Raising Arizona, but very good until Brad Pitt got killed. The Coen's did it twice in a row, No Country for Old Men was great until Josh Brolin got killed.

If you liked Casey Afleck in Gone Baby, then you should see him in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Brad Pitt plays Jesse and Afleck plays Ford. It's long and slow but very interesting, Sam Rockwell was also very good as Ford's brother.

well Josh Brolin had to die, that's how it went down in the book. They kept the film 99% true to the book.

Oceanic815Survivor 07-07-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5884899)
well Josh Brolin had to die, that's how it went down in the book. They kept the film 99% true to the book.

I knew about the book, though I have never read it. So when I watched the movie and saw how it ended, I figured it was cause thats how it was in the book. However the movie just felt SO anti-climactic. They follow Brolin around the whole movie and then kill him off screen?

I liked the movie overall, and I understand why it ended like it did. But after a great movie like that the ending left me cold