ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

petegz28 05-06-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8598253)
That episode is gonna piss some people off. Huge departure from the books.

Yes it was...I was like WTF?

AndChiefs 05-06-2012 08:34 PM

Yeah definitely had some things i didn't like. Could see how some of it needed to be done...but I wanted Jon to have to kill Qhorin like it happened in the books...couldn't of been too difficult.

petegz28 05-06-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8598318)
Yeah definitely had some things i didn't like. Could see how some of it needed to be done...but I wanted Jon to have to kill Qhorin like it happened in the books...couldn't of been too difficult.

Definitely a lot that didn't happen in the book. I don't remember Rob talking to this gal and I don't remember the dragons being stolen but that was several books ago.

Sfeihc 05-06-2012 09:10 PM

I just finished "Clash" and was surprised at the differences. Who took the dragons? Jorah? Osha sleeping with Theon was another. Let's discuss people.

petegz28 05-06-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8598420)
I just finished "Clash" and was surprised at the differences. Who took the dragons? Jorah? Osha sleeping with Theon was another. Let's discuss people.

The Warlocks

petegz28 05-06-2012 09:12 PM

I didn't get the Osha thing either. I guess it's just to build up her part some since the Reeds won't be in the series.

Sfeihc 05-06-2012 09:19 PM

What about Ygritte(sp?) snuggling up to Jon Snow?

petegz28 05-06-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8598458)
What about Ygritte(sp?) snuggling up to Jon Snow?

That happens but dont remember it happening then

Sfeihc 05-06-2012 09:42 PM

C'mon all you central time zone freaks! Chime in about the differences and how are they going to bring it all together to make it work?

Bowser 05-06-2012 10:14 PM

Frankly, I was waiting for an episode like this to happen. There is simply not enough time to cover the massive amount of storytelling in the books. These sharp departures were inevitable.

Hasn't Georgee RR worked closely with the writers and producers since the show's inception (and why he hasn't started on his sixth book in earnest)? I trust in him and them to make it all make sense.

kcpasco 05-06-2012 10:25 PM

Surprised a wildling girl like Osha found time to work in a razor. :p

L.A. Chieffan 05-06-2012 11:11 PM

Wtf is going on?? Nobody steals the dragons!

Jawshco 05-07-2012 12:15 AM

This episode reminds me of the draft... too early to grade. If the changes pay off later in the series, then this may be one of the best episodes to date. However, if they don't pay off then it could easily be the worst.

Top to bottom there were too many differences to mention them all, but the attack on Joffery's entourage in Flea bottom was a awesome. Lollys really isn't a character in this, so her rape might not get mentioned, although the Priest having limbs ripped off by a hoard of zombie-like version of Kings Landing's 99%er's was pretty shocking. That was one of my favorite moments from the book, and it was pretty great in the show. Dinkledge slapping Joffery again was fantastic.

Yeah, the thing with OSHA had to happen because the Reeds don't exsist in the show, and she's their way out. No biggee there. It's just a catalyst for what happens next. Oddly, they're taking a completely different path to get to Reek and Ramsay the Flayer but I see where they're going. It will work. I didn't like that Sir Roderick's battle wasn't included, but whatever... his death was fittingly tragic. I'm a little surprised that Luwin was still alive.

I totally do not remember Littlefinger showing up in Harrenhall in the book like he did in this episode. It might have happened and I forgot about it, but I was pretty surprised when he showed up. The scenes with Arya and Tywin are so good that I don't mind them adding extra.

It looks like Jenny Westerling... or whatever her name is in the book is now this feild nurse lady. Seems odd, but whatever. It all works to the same effect I suppose.

The thing with the dragons getting stolen is a total shocker. The only thing I can think of is that they're making new stories for Dany to keep us engaged in what's happening with her. I can't blame them for that. Her storyline does get pretty scant in the book. It seems all a little odd, but like I said before, it might work out for the best TV-wise, or else we'll all hate it if it doesn't. I guess we'll see how it plays out. I'll resevere my judgment on the changes for now, and enjoy what went really well in this episode.

Jawshco 05-07-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8598318)

I'm still holding out hope that we'll still get to see Qhorin and Jon battle like in the books. I'm thinking that he's being led into a trap by Ygrette and that Qhorin and his men have already been captured by Rattleshirt. I'm thinking (or more accurately-guessing) that Jon will have to fight the imprisoned Qhorin in order to save his own skin once he's betrayed and then perhaps saved by Ygrette. I'll be pretty pissed if this doesn't happen at all. It's a fairly key event in the story.

NewChief 05-07-2012 05:29 AM

I think the warlocks are about to find out that the dragons are somewhat attached to Dany... at least I hope so. I'm sick of seeing her be so pathetic and whiny and saying, "I'm the blood of fire, Dany Stormborn, blah blah blah yada yada yada." It has nothing to back it up unless her dragons actually prove dangerous.