ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Chiefs leaning towards franchise tagging Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352533)

Dunerdr 02-27-2024 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17420451)
Yeah, I'd love it too but it just seems so very unlikely. That could get you to pick 9 if you throw in our 4th. The Bears just might do it too given they'd still have a 2nd 1st rounder and would add back a high 2nd rounder. That might get you Fashanu or Odunze. Might. Otherwise you don't do it, obviously.

Wait what gets us to 9?

scho63 02-27-2024 11:00 PM

The Chiefs should give Mahomes a 25 year contract since the cap jumps so much each year. Push money out for Pat's retirement. Less taxes now, helps team, lowers cap hit even more, Pat makes a ton of money off the field.

He wants to be like Brady, that's the way.

Dante84 02-27-2024 11:02 PM

I think the biggest tell on the return is that Veach let it be known “via sources” that the Chiefs would expect a 2nd at minimum.

If he really thought a 1st was even in the realm, then that”via sources” leak would have said a first, not a second.

ThyKingdomCome15 02-27-2024 11:08 PM

We're not going to be like Philly and lose Reggie White. That was the biggest mistake that franchise ever made outside of firing Andy. Chris Jones will be a Chief next year.

As for Sneed he's getting traded and I'm ok with it. What do Williams, Watson, and Sneed all have in common? Exactly, this is what Veach does. Sneed's a good dude and I want him to get paid. Makes for a very fun draft too.

Tribal Warfare 02-27-2024 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17420421)
What does that even mean without knowing the draft capital that’s exchanged?

Sneed has at least a late 1st round value the Bears for example have cap space and a need at CB position. Swap the #9 overall with Sneed and the 32nd overall.

The Jaguars also need a CB swap the 17th with 32nd pick and Sneed. Here the Chiefs could benefit getting more picks in the early to mid-rounds.

The idea is that the transactional team is placated and still have a 1st and the Chiefs are readied to attain premium talent that they want to stand where they are or trade up further

neech 02-27-2024 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 17420406)
Jameson Williams for Sneed

I think I would have to pass on that deal.

Close but no cigar.

neech 02-27-2024 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17420437)
25 would put us in front of the Bills LMAO

Chiefs take the WR that Bills were wanting to grab. lol

Remember the Bills war room when Mcduffie was taken. OMG

Semichief 02-27-2024 11:22 PM

Kinda torn on this but ultimately come back to “how much would we pay to shut down Tyreek Hill, Stefan Diggs, Odell Beckham, and Brandon Aiuyk?” and the answer is pretty much whatever Sneed wants. I know getting younger and cheaper is smart, but there’s a couple places where being elite has won us championships. Having the best part of cover corners in the game helped bring us a Lombardi as much as having a game wrecking defensive tackle. Is a 2nd round pick and $18 mil in cap space more valuable? I personally don’t believe so.

scho63 02-27-2024 11:23 PM

Obviously we need no QB but if we could somehow wrangle a top WR pick with a Sneed trade, my sorrow would be much less severe.

I would hate to trade Sneed and wind up with a JAG pick. No guarantees but higher up the pick, the most likely we get an impact pick in return.

The Franchise 02-27-2024 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 17420466)
Sneed has at least a late 1st round value the Bears for example have cap space and a need at CB position. Swap the #9 overall with Sneed and the 32nd overall.

The Jaguars also need a CB swap the 17th with 32nd pick and Sneed. Here the Chiefs could benefit getting more picks in the early to mid-rounds.

The idea is that the transactional team is placated and still have a 1st and the Chiefs are readied to attain premium talent that they want to stand where they are or trade up further

The Bears can save their picks and re-sign Jaylon Johnson. They don't need to trade for Sneed.

neech 02-27-2024 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17419661)
I feel like we are in a no-lose situation here.

We keep Sneed? Great! We keep an elite corner.

We trade Sneed? Great! We have an extra top-75 pick AND a bunch of cap room to sign FAs and/or extend key role players.

That's the dilemma we have.

In Veach we trust, right?

RunKC 02-27-2024 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17420461)
I think the biggest tell on the return is that Veach let it be known “via sources” that the Chiefs would expect a 2nd at minimum.

If he really thought a 1st was even in the realm, then that”via sources” leak would have said a first, not a second.

Nate Taylor said on Only Weird Games that this being floated before the tag was even applied always means a trade is coming.

Danguardace 02-28-2024 01:24 AM

Personally hate the franchise tag for the players, think it needs to be looked at guys worked his ass off for chance off a long term contract and deserves it. Think maybe in the future when used should be a 2 year contract

kccrow 02-28-2024 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17420457)
Wait what gets us to 9?

I look at the Rich Hill model alot because it seems to be a bit more accurate, but 25, 41, and 133 could possibly do it.

25, 41, and 95 would in pretty much any model.

Even if it was that, you have to think about it if its for a franchise LT. You'd still have 2-64 to fill in with a WR.

BossChief 02-28-2024 01:32 AM

There is no chance Sneed is asking for anything less than the highest CB contract in history by a large bump.

Jaire Alexander got 21m aav when the cap was 208m.

The cap is now 255m …an increase of 22.6% since Alexander’s deal was signed. Sneeds agent has the same numbers we do. Sneed is almost guaranteed to want something like 4/100 with more than half guaranteed.

And if his knee holds up, he will outplay a deal like that.