ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics The Android Tablet Watch Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243749)

penguinz 02-28-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404927)
Apple would never treat you that way. ;)

Their "geniuses" are about as far from genius as one can get. ;)

Fish 04-19-2012 11:36 AM

Currently at woot.com:

Dell Streak 7” Tablet (Wi-Fi+3G/4G)

$179.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION:
Refurbished
PRODUCT:
1 Dell Streak 7 (Wi-Fi + 3G/4G), T-Mobile, Android 3.2, 16GB, Capacitive,1.3MP & 5MP Cams, SDHC

This is a pretty nice tablet if you're looking for a smaller one. We have one of these here at work, and I've always liked it..

Lzen 04-19-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8553458)
Currently at woot.com:

Dell Streak 7” Tablet (Wi-Fi+3G/4G)

$179.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION:
Refurbished
PRODUCT:
1 Dell Streak 7 (Wi-Fi + 3G/4G), T-Mobile, Android 3.2, 16GB, Capacitive,1.3MP & 5MP Cams, SDHC

This is a pretty nice tablet if you're looking for a smaller one. We have one of these here at work, and I've always liked it..

So I assume this is one that has to have a mobile plan? They also have a similar one on deals.woot that is $20 more but only does wi-fi.

Lzen 04-19-2012 12:02 PM

I bought this 7" iView tablet for my daughter a couple months ago. It's pretty darn good for a low priced tablet. Specs are up there with the better ones.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3003&Tpk=iview

A guy did all the work to figure out how to root this thing to ICS.
He goes by eyeoncomputers. You can find the vids on youtube as well as a link to the tutorials on the forum.

Fish 04-19-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8553516)
So I assume this is one that has to have a mobile plan? They also have a similar one on deals.woot that is $20 more but only does wi-fi.

You don't have to have a mobile plan to purchase it. The 3G/4G just won't work unless you do. It still has wifi.

And the wifi only model at sellout.woot is actually $40 cheaper, priced at $139. It doesn't cost more for wifi only.

kcxiv 05-02-2013 04:15 PM

anyone have a transformer infinity? im thinking of picking one up, its 399 on amazon. My laptop took a shit finally. It was ooold.

Anyways, i need to get something for relax surfing as i despise sitting at a desk these days.

DaFace 05-03-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9653338)
anyone have a transformer infinity? im thinking of picking one up, its 399 on amazon. My laptop took a shit finally. It was ooold.

Anyways, i need to get something for relax surfing as i despise sitting at a desk these days.

I've got the Prime, which is the Infinity's older brother. It's been fine for the most part, though (as I ranted about earlier in this thread) their tech support is basically non-existent. I haven't had any problems after the initial issue I sent it in for, though.

kcxiv 05-03-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9654762)
I've got the Prime, which is the Infinity's older brother. It's been fine for the most part, though (as I ranted about earlier in this thread) their tech support is basically non-existent. I haven't had any problems after the initial issue I sent it in for, though.

ahh. I been reading up on the Infinity. Nexus 10 and Galaxy Tab 2 and im leaning towards infinity or nexus 10. Only thing bad about the nexus 10 is it doesnt have a damn SD slot.

Prime better then the infinity? price difference is only 12 bucks.

007 05-03-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9655450)
ahh. I been reading up on the Infinity. Nexus 10 and Galaxy Tab 2 and im leaning towards infinity or nexus 10. Only thing bad about the nexus 10 is it doesnt have a damn SD slot.

Prime better then the infinity? price difference is only 12 bucks.

Just make sure you have at least 32 gb of on board if you get one without a SD slot. that space runs out fast.

kcxiv 05-03-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9655461)
Just make sure you have at least 32 gb of on board if you get one without a SD slot. that space runs out fast.

yeah, they all have expansion slots for it but the nexus 10, but their models are 32 and 64.

Im done with my kindle fire, its a piece of junk! lol the plug inside where you charge is loose and you have to wiggle it til it connects. Its bullshit. Plus outside of the ecosystem that amazon has, its very limited.

007 05-03-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9655471)
yeah, they all have expansion slots for it but the nexus 10, but their models are 32 and 64.

Im done with my kindle fire, its a piece of junk! lol the plug inside where you charge is loose and you have to wiggle it til it connects. Its bullshit. Plus outside of the ecosystem that amazon has, its very limited.

Yeah, the kindle is ****ing horrible. I hate that you are in the store 100% of the time.

As good as the Nexus seems, missing the SD card is a big deal for me. If I were purchasing right now, I would still go for a ASUS Transformer EeePad. Those things rock. We have one at work and I love it.

TrickyNicky 05-03-2013 04:53 PM

I've had an Infinity for a couple months now. It's a solid tablet. Way better than the Kindle Fire I had. I bought the Dock on sale for $90.

Anyone have experience rooting and loading custom ROMs?

kcxiv 05-03-2013 05:52 PM

hmm... i just found the Asus Vivo tab with windows 8. I love the fact that it has the desktop part. I could use torrents on there, on the androids im not sure i can!

50 bucks more and quite a bit more horse power. damn it!!!!!!!!! 450, but i may as well get what i want right?

WoodDraw 05-03-2013 06:56 PM

I'd recommend the nexus unless you really need the sd space. I've been able to cope just fine storing in cloud and downloading locally when needed. I have hit space limits a few time though when downloading media to watch when traveling.

But nexus devices are great as far as life cycle goes. I'd also wait until Google io in two weeks just to see what they announce there. The nexus program normally features heavily

kcxiv 05-03-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9655752)
I'd recommend the nexus unless you really need the sd space. I've been able to cope just fine storing in cloud and downloading locally when needed. I have hit space limits a few time though when downloading media to watch when traveling.

But nexus devices are great as far as life cycle goes. I'd also wait until Google io in two weeks just to see what they announce there. The nexus program normally features heavily

I just did some research and you can buy an OTG cable (they are pretty damn cheap), and download an app that will read thumbdrives. I think im going with the nexus 10. Its cheaper and i get expandable storage with an easy modification.