ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Is a Marco's Pizza food thread overdue, here? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311963)

Pablo 02-16-2018 04:37 PM

I like the five ingredient orders from SR and Easy. What would be your five CP?

I'm going pepperoni, sausage, jalapenos, black olives and mushroom myself.

And yes, extra cheese counts as a topping.

Simply Red 02-16-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13420903)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I deserved that, maybe not 2 months belated, but just the same...

:)

ChiliConCarnage 02-16-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13420968)

Double Pepperoni, Jalapeno, Onion.. that's all I want. I suppose black olive or extra cheese

cooper barrett 02-16-2018 04:49 PM

Canadian bacon, mushrooms, Italian sausage, green peppers and anchovies. If no anchovies, then I'd sub Black olives.

Cracker crust with spicy sauce. My hack is to ask for pepper flakes to be sprinkled on the sauce before the cheese and toppings. A lot better that after it's cooked.

Simply Red 02-16-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 13420985)
Double Pepperoni, Jalapeno, Onion.. that's all I want. I suppose black olive or extra cheese

It's odd to say this - but their onion is really good. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13420968)

Yes extra cheese - their cheese is noticeably better than the other chains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13420992)
Canadian bacon, mushrooms, Italian sausage, green peppers and anchovies. If no anchovies, then I'd sub Black olives.

Cracker crust with spicy sauce. My hack is to ask for pepper flakes to be sprinkled on the sauce before the cheese and toppings. A lot better that after it's cooked.

sounds good. Never had anchovies outside of caesar dressing - I suppose i'd give it a whirl.

TimBone 02-16-2018 05:05 PM

Ham, pineapple, and easy on the sauce. That's the perfect pie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Simply Red 02-16-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13255355)
Didn't care much for Leo's years back (tried it once) and yet I liked Northern Lights pretty well. It took forever for delivery to Pleasant Valley and their thin crust sucked when put in a bag and steamed for 45 minutes. I think their ingredients are really good but slightly stingy. Mine never looked like that! They buy all their meats instead of processing their own or using the crap that pizza supply houses petal. It is better quality than most or was.
I haven't lived north since the 80's and friends up north always got name brand stuff when ordered for delivery but I will say Pizza shop up there is dammed good. Most of the time I just ate what was given to me. Even PaPa's is edible with a big ass Crown and coke...

I'd try Northern Lights again given the opportunity, Leo's? not so much.

Northern Lights is interesting - I'd plow that for sure. I miss Funhouse, Minsky's and Tim's

https://www.northernlightspizza.com/

Simply Red 02-16-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13421017)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

A lot of folks like those - I can tolerate them. Not wild about them - but I AM glad you enjoy them!

Easy 6 02-16-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13420967)
that's good - look for coupon codes on their site - I'd like for you to go thin crust (if you don't mind)

Thats an easy request to honor, I'm a thin crust kinda guy

Simply Red 02-16-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13421031)
Thats an easy request to honor, I'm a thin crust kinda guy

Nice! Looking forward to your review! You can put an independent thread up if you feel it's warranted. We want to be sure it's getting enough traffic.

Pizza is important!

ChiliConCarnage 02-16-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13421017)

DELETE THIS NEPHEW

cooper barrett 02-16-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13421018)
Northern Lights is interesting - I'd plow that for sure. I miss Funhouse, Minsky's and Tim's

https://www.northernlightspizza.com/

I know people who drive from Olathe to Tim's about once a month, For me it was an excuse to go see my carpet guys next door. Great stuff and why doesn't everyone chop their Canadian bacon?

Northern lights is good but it's been a long time and hated to drive after it. (question of legality) and delivery was an eternity. Kinda hit and miss on quality 5 years ago. If they are still there they must have corrected things.

What I miss was Sutara's pizza.

Simply Red 02-16-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13421064)
I know people who drive from Olathe to Tim's about once a month, For me it was an excuse to go see my carpet guys next door. Great stuff and why doesn't everyone chop their Canadian bacon?

Northern lights is good but it's been a long time and hated to drive after it. (question of legality) and delivery was an eternity. Kinda hit and miss on quality 5 years ago. If they are still there they must have corrected things.

What I miss was Sutara's pizza.

Hmm I don't know them - I moved away from town when I was 19 to Atlanta - I never penetrated KC a lot - well I should say I never got super familiar w/ all of it's culinary spots. I knew a few of them - but mostly around Independence and Blue Springs - I did - however - work at the Bristol BarNGrill in the early nineties off of the plaza interning for a Culinary Arts program.

Fire Me Boy! 02-16-2018 06:29 PM

-- Is a Marco's Pizza food thread overdue, here?

I had Papa John’s tonight. Classic crust, normal gravy, extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms. And same except Canadian bacon and pineapple. Plus extra garlic butter gravy.

Simply Red 02-16-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13421166)
I had Papa John’s tonight. Classic crust, normal gravy, extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms. And same except Canadian bacon and pineapple. Plus extra garlic butter gravy.

I'd be honored if you'd try the Marco's thin one day.