ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

RobBlake 05-08-2017 12:25 AM

whats generally some good energy food prior to a workout and what time is generally suggested to consume prior to it? I do a lot of HIIT type stuff

Silock 05-08-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12862294)
whats generally some good energy food prior to a workout and what time is generally suggested to consume prior to it? I do a lot of HIIT type stuff

Morning or evening? What time depends on what you eat. Fats take about 90 minutes to digest, slow carbs and protein about 60 minutes, and fast carbs about 30.

I don't eat anything prior to a workout. Just coffee about 30-45 minutes before.

NewChief 05-08-2017 06:48 AM

Anyone moved from the Eat Stop Eat type fasting to a circadian rhythm fast instead? I'm so ingrained with the fast all day and eat one meal at night, that the thought of my eating window being all day long rubs me the wrong way. But the research on it seems to point to some definite benefits.

Aspengc8 05-08-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12862084)
$100 a month. Im not so much worried about lifting technique as I am diet, having someone hold me accountable while spending money seems like some great extra motivation.

Between Lewdog and Silock they have you covered for diet and training. Want accountability? Post pics in here with updates. Save the $100/month for some quality supplements and food.

penguinz 05-08-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12862204)
Really? I believe in you. You always made good calls when we had you.

Way too old now! :-) No way I could keep up now with all my lower body injuries adding up.

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12862037)
I'd be inclined to get an actual personal trainer who knows what they are doing. Can teach you how to improve your main lifts and provide you actual 1:1 coaching over something that's done solely online. What kind of money do they charge for online coach.

Hell Billay, I used to be a personal trainer and have a BS in exercise science. I wouldn't mind helping you.

From what Ive seen most are 100-150 a month to send you a workout and diet plan you could pull from google. I just charge 20/an hour, but everyone tells me Im cheap. I guess you can get shit trainers at other facilities for up to 50 an hour :eek:

Titty Meat 05-08-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12862372)
Between Lewdog and Silock they have you covered for diet and training. Want accountability? Post pics in here with updates. Save the $100/month for some quality supplements and food.

True that. I'll probably just post progress pics maybe even make a YouTube channel and pocket the money for good food. I'm not a big supplements guy other than protein.

The Franchise 05-08-2017 09:43 AM

So if someone is starting off in weight training (with a home gym) what would be a good 3-4 exercises to do daily, or every other day, to get started?

NewChief 05-08-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12862489)
So if someone is starting off in weight training (with a home gym) what would be a good 3-4 exercises to do daily, or every other day, to get started?

Deadlifts, squats, pullups, military press, bench press.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-08-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12862808)
Deadlifts, squats, pullups, military press, bench press.

Maybe some dips, too. Anything compound.

RobBlake 05-08-2017 02:46 PM

don't rush through any of the exercises.. focus on the muscle you are trying to build.. even touch the muscle is applicable (curls)

lewdog 05-08-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12862917)
don't rush through any of the exercises.. focus on the muscle you are trying to build.. even touch the muscle is applicable (curls)

If you're doing compound lifts there's no need for any of this bullshit as the lifts work more than one muscle group. I've never touched my muscles while lifting. I also don't do curls facing a mirror (oh the horror!).

Silock 05-08-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12862362)
Anyone moved from the Eat Stop Eat type fasting to a circadian rhythm fast instead? I'm so ingrained with the fast all day and eat one meal at night, that the thought of my eating window being all day long rubs me the wrong way. But the research on it seems to point to some definite benefits.

Try starting with a protein shake for a few days/week and then move to smaller meals. You can still compress the eating window.

lewdog 05-08-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12862362)

Silock mentions something I kind of do.

My eating window is from noon until 8 pm. Noon is a protein bar that is 300 calories or less. I workout around 2 pm most days. Post workout protein shake around 3:30. I don't eat a full meal until 5 for dinner.

Silock 05-08-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12863355)
Silock mentions something I kind of do.

My eating window is from noon until 8 pm. Noon is a protein bar that is 300 calories or less. I workout around 2 pm most days. Post workout protein shake around 3:30. I don't eat a full meal until 5 for dinner.

Indeed. I recently read some interesting research showing that your eating window should be about 10 hours or less for improved health and longevity outcomes.