ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338133)

kcclone 05-04-2022 06:47 PM

Based on last year's small sample size, pre-season and regular season, Kaindoh will be lucky to be on the roster in a year or two. He looked totally clueless.

It is what it is. Hitting on a high level Edge past the second round is very rare.

staylor26 05-04-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 16282647)
Based on last year's small sample size, pre-season and regular season, Kaindoh will be lucky to be on the roster in a year or two. He looked totally clueless.

It is what it is. Hitting on a high level Edge past the second round is very rare.

That’s the problem. You’re basing it off a small sample size with a guy that was never going to be ready year 1.

The coaching was and still is awful at FSU.

Now he’s got Joe Cullen coaching him up. Relax and have some patience.

Dunerdr 05-04-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16282654)
That’s the problem. You’re basing it off a small sample size with a guy that was never going to be ready year 1.

These are probably the same people who pined for Tim Jones or whatever that practice squad guy was we lost to the jets. He was a udfa hero, but because a guy with literally the prototype body was a 4th and stupid raw they root against him(also see Noah Gray vs Jody Fortson). But then also bitch that guys like Bolton and cook aren’t high enough upside and “safe” picks. There’s no pleasing people on here. Every pick is too raw or too boring.

Bump 05-04-2022 07:58 PM

it would be nice if this dude and/or Noah Gray stepped their game up to the next level of where they are at and do a little more contributing

staylor26 05-04-2022 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16282730)
These are probably the same people who pined for Tim Jones or whatever that practice squad guy was we lost to the jets. He was a udfa hero, but because a guy with literally the prototype body was a 4th and stupid raw they root against him(also see Noah Gray vs Jody Fortson). But then also bitch that guys like Bolton and cook aren’t high enough upside and “safe” picks. There’s no pleasing people on here. Every pick is too raw or too boring.

Exactly. If they take good football players with a high floor, they complain about the lack of upside.

If they take a big swing on upside, they don’t have any patience for development.

Rasputin 05-04-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16282745)
Exactly. If they take good football players with a high floor, they complain about the lack of upside.

If they take a big swing on upside, they don’t have any patience for development.

Tony Gonzalez was a bust his rookie year

probably could make a list of great players that had shitty rookie years I bet there are some HOFers.

Dunerdr 05-04-2022 08:12 PM

This guy with no clue looks more lethal than Tanoh ever did. Tanoh looked like an athlete, Kaindoh moves like an athlete. Hopefully Cullen gets something out of him even if he’s only a situational pass rusher.

TwistedChief 05-04-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16282654)

He and Trey Smith were two of the top players in the country coming out of high school. There's real potential here that shouldn't be dismissed.

Dunerdr 05-04-2022 08:35 PM

Man I can’t get over how much he looks like a grown man in those highlights.

Kiimo 05-05-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 16282753)
Tony Gonzalez was a bust his rookie year

probably could make a list of great players that had shitty rookie years I bet there are some HOFers.

Derrick Johnson

Eric Fisher

Dwayne Bowe

Tamba Hali

Jamaal Charles

I still remember having to look at Jamaal's ypc after his rookie year to talk people off the ledge

smithandrew051 05-05-2022 10:57 AM

Dee Ford was pretty worthless for his first two years. Then he ended up with a 10 and 13 sack season.

saphojunkie 05-05-2022 10:59 AM

Patrick Mahomes did basically nothing his rookie year. this proves the point and there's no use arguing with me. It's ironclad logic, I'm putting you all on ignore.

chiefforlife 05-05-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16283279)
Dee Ford was pretty worthless for his first two years. Then he ended up with a 10 and 13 sack season.

I was just going to post about this...

NOBODY looked more clueless than Dee Ford, you know the play Im talking about.

The Chiefs were able to trade him for a 2nd rounder (Willie Gay). The 49rs paid him ridiculous money for very little production and are still dealing with his bloated contract.

Point is, he was lost on the Field but turned in a few good seasons, enough to recoup a second rounder. You never know

KCrockaholic 05-05-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16283271)
Derrick Johnson

Eric Fisher

Dwayne Bowe

Tamba Hali

Jamaal Charles

I still remember having to look at Jamaal's ypc after his rookie year to talk people off the ledge

Lol dude Bowe, and Charles, and really even DJ didn't have shitty rookie years. Charles was behind Larry Johnson still and Herm was a stubborn ass. Bowe nearly had 1,000 yards and DJ did "ok" for a rookie.

O.city 05-05-2022 11:36 AM

Those were all highly drafted guys. This is an injury prone fourth rounder that....got injured.

I'd imagine the chances of getting much from him are fairly slim.