ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

mikeyis4dcats. 06-24-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9772010)
That's exactly how I felt from the outset.
I only saw the film because my teenage son wanted to.

You don't have to be into the zombie phenomenon to appreciate the film.
If ANYONE isn't a zombie stan, it's me.

Go check it out. I'm glad I did.

as am I....I'm not a zombie fan, but my wife wanted to see it.

Ceej 06-24-2013 08:35 AM

FWIW:

http://ihorror.com/world-war-z-2-is-in-the-works/

Ebolapox 06-24-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9772080)

again, Pitt wasn't trying to make a vaccine IMHO. His plan was to infect, likely with something curable or at a level that was survivable.

here's the thing... I get the feeling that he was going into a BSL3 or 4 type of containment (rather, agents from those containments). nothing from the BSL0-2 would make you 'terminal,' as they are all TREATABLE. by definition, ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU TERMINAL HAS NO CURE (in general, we're not talking about cancer, we're talking about pathogens).

mikeyis4dcats. 06-24-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9772279)
here's the thing... I get the feeling that he was going into a BSL3 or 4 type of containment (rather, agents from those containments). nothing from the BSL0-2 would make you 'terminal,' as they are all TREATABLE. by definition, ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU TERMINAL HAS NO CURE (in general, we're not talking about cancer, we're talking about pathogens).

I guess it's semantics, but there are plenty of terminal pathogens if they aren't treated. IMHO they were looking for something like bubonic plague which is terminal in most instances if not treated. Something that would allow them to fight and stop the spread.

Fire Me Boy! 06-24-2013 11:32 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-i...cs/wwz/wwz.png

mikeyis4dcats. 06-24-2013 11:47 AM

haven't read the book, but not sure how people expected them to adapt it to a movie without creating a single protagonist.

frankotank 06-24-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9772483)
haven't read the book, but not sure how people expected them to adapt it to a movie without creating a single protagonist.

well....they could have made it a series of shorts, which would be like the book. you know it coulda been kinda like the creepshow movies.

oh well...I think I'm going tonight.
Ive worked with this one guy for over 20 years. if he hates a movie I usually like it and vice versa. welp....he hated it! :thumb:

Chiefspants 06-24-2013 01:56 PM

The word is that the studio completely overhauled the original ending at the last minute to one that would be more of a "audience pleaser"

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 06-24-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9772819)
The word is that the studio completely overhauled the original ending at the last minute to one that would be more of a "audience pleaser"

Spoiler!

It's been known for awhile they redid the original ending. That's why the release date got pushed back. I think it was supposed to open last Christmas originally. Anyhow, here's the original ending, and yes sounds like Matthew Fox had a bigger role.

Spoiler!

mikeyis4dcats. 06-24-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9773052)
It's been known for awhile they redid the original ending. That's why the release date got pushed back. I think it was supposed to open last Christmas originally. Anyhow, here's the original ending, and yes sounds like Matthew Fox had a bigger role.

Spoiler!

that really is a terrible ending. And explains why I was like "Wtf" when i saw matthew fox listed on IMDB.

Rausch 06-25-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9772483)

There was in the book.

Hell, they could have done it like they did Stand By Me or Fight Club. A narrator over some parts and mostly flashbacks...

notorious 06-25-2013 07:37 AM

They should have used a different title. At least it would leave the door open for a "True" World War Z movie.

No battle of Yonkers? :facepalm:

Fairplay 06-25-2013 11:10 AM

Sequel seems likely..........

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/06/25/...al-box-office/

World War Z earns sequel after gobbling up global box office

Brad Pitt zombie apocalypse movie World War Z, which has been mired in bad press and was predicted to be one of the year's biggest turkeys, is to get a shock sequel after storming the global box office at the weekend, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Director Marc Forster's loose adaptation of the Max Brooks novel about the aftermath of a worldwide zombie pandemic took a highly impressive $118.8m (£77.3m). While it opened at No 2 in the US behind Pixar animated prequel Monsters University, the film's $66m (£43m) haul in the world's most profitable territory was the best for an original live-action movie there since Avatar. Studio Paramount said the film was now certain to get a followup.

Such comments allude to the extensive rewrite – reportedly of the entire 40-minute third act – undertaken by Lost creator Damon Lindelof after World War Z had wrapped for the first time last year. A Vanity Fair feature published in May suggested that Pitt and director Marc Forster were refusing to talk to each other on set by the end of production, and hinted at an amateurish approach that saw the film's budget balloon to a reported $400m. It is now widely accepted that the true figure is closer to $200m, though World War Z will still need to continue its impressive box-office run at some pace to have a hope of recovering its costs.

Pitt, who plays a UN worker torn between protecting his family and finding a cure for the zombie infection, hinted at a sequel during the film's Moscow premiere last week. "There is enough [material] to mine from the book," he said. "We could barely get a fraction of the book in [this movie]. So we'll see. We'll see."

frankotank 06-25-2013 11:55 AM

saw it last night.
I liked it. very much. it's very surprising the LACK of gore and blood. a good story doesn't NEED it...but imo could be enhanced with a little EWWWWW. the things they show on Walking Dead.....good GRIEF!!!! nothing like that in this movie. good flick.....good story.
I'm the king of knowing who some dude is in a bit part....and I TOTALLY missed that Matthew Fox was in this albeit however briefly! :facepalm:

I did have to crack up when...

Spoiler!

ThatRaceCardGuy 06-25-2013 12:24 PM

Brad Pitt dodging explosion , surviving airline crashes, and miraculously finding a WHO building after hiking for days while impelled with a shiv..oh did I mention he out ran zombies just three days after being impelled? ..movie was okay