ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Miles 05-09-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5752067)
It is. Well, technically, I started it 4 years ago but the fire alarm went off in the dorm and I never returned to it.

I love Jean Reno, Gary Oldman and Natalie Portman. So, there wasn't much to hate.

I'd probably give it 6 stars too.

Was it the international cut (Just called "Leon"? I have seen the regular release a few times but have heard that the international / longer version adds back a good amount of character development and definitly the superior version. Still no idea why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Miles 05-09-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 5749363)
Because of a late workout insomnia is getting the better of me and just finished watching a hidden gem off Netflix.

Cashback
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460740/

I've got to say this is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It's funny as hell (a "Clerks" funny kind of levity), lots of depth, a little on the artsy side and whole lot of gratuitous nudity.

10/10 stars

I'd start a separate thread about it but then I feel obligated to go into an in-depth review and I'm too tired. If you've seen this let me know what you think. If not, watch it sometime. Simply outstanding.

This one has been in my netflix queue for quite a while but I bumped it up so I would have it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Miles 05-09-2009 01:21 AM

Just finished watching JCVD. It wasn't really what I expected but ending up being a very solid flick. While it had a few humorous moments early on, it was more of an indie suspense drama than an action comedy.

Adopting irishjayhawk's rating system I'd give it a ★★★1/2.

irishjayhawk 05-09-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5752120)
Was it the international cut (Just called "Leon"? I have seen the regular release a few times but have heard that the international / longer version adds back a good amount of character development and definitly the superior version. Still no idea why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

How would I know?

This had a lot of character development in my opinion. That's why I loved it. But it wasn't called Leon. It was The Professional.

Miles 05-09-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5752593)
How would I know?

This had a lot of character development in my opinion. That's why I loved it. But it wasn't called Leon. It was The Professional.

The European cut is 133 minutes vs 110 minutes for the standard cut.

Buehler445 05-09-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5752067)
It is. Well, technically, I started it 4 years ago but the fire alarm went off in the dorm and I never returned to it.

I love Jean Reno, Gary Oldman and Natalie Portman. So, there wasn't much to hate.

I'd probably give it 6 stars too.

One hell of a good movie. As much of a movie junkie as you are, I dcant believe this is your first viewing.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv 05-09-2009 04:16 PM

I'm making the most of being on call and sticking close to home tonight. A little bit of self-pampering, and then it's Audrey time! Breakfast at Tiffany's and the 1954 version of Sabrina.

irishjayhawk 05-09-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5752727)
One hell of a good movie. As much of a movie junkie as you are, I dcant believe this is your first viewing.
Posted via Mobile Device

I make no bones about it. I'm a contemporary movie buff. So, like once I hit 9th grade, I went to see movies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-09-2009 09:36 PM

Poor French; so hard for them to make an international tough guy/badass...

Jenson71 05-09-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5753427)

Rififi has a Bogart-like tough guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-09-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5753439)
Rififi has a Bogart-like tough guy.

Well, he's certainly tougher than Depardoodle. :D

Miles 05-10-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5753427)

Le samourai, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Several with Jean Reno...

Actually a decent amount of them but I am assuming you haven't watched that much french shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5753618)
Le samourai, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Several with Jean Reno...

Actually a decent amount of them but I am assuming you haven't watched that much french shit.

You assume correctly.:p

Miles 05-10-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5753619)
You assume correctly.:p

So you pretty much know nothing about what you previously posted?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5753621)
So you pretty much know nothing about what you previously posted?

Seeing as how these French actors you mentioned aren't exactly burning up the screens in the States, I'll meet you roughly halfway on your assessment.
:spock: