ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186121)

lewdog 08-23-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15126336)
I can get you some OTWP.

Best way is to get to know people and get on a certain list.

Easier said than done in a large population area. EVERYONE in the game tries this.

Sounds like you’ve got a connection where you live. Keep them happy!

OTWP. join the Arizona Bourbon Society on Facebook. That group will buy barrels quite often.

O.city 08-23-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15126341)
Easier said than done in a large population area. EVERYONE in the game tries this.

OTWP. join the Arizona Bourbon Society on Facebook. That group will buy barrels quite often.

Yeah, I got in somehow with a group here in my area that can get high end stuff and hard to get stuff alot.

lewdog 08-23-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 15125495)
I screwed up early on by adding some cheap, crappy rye to it and after that, no matter what I put in it, it still tasted like that cheap rye. Which, coincidentally, was great for cocktails.

Oh yeah, it’s only for bottles you like after you try it. If you try and don’t like, don’t add to infinity bottle!

kstater 08-24-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15125383)
Elijah Craig for you I’d say. I think you’d like it.

Great choice! Report back.

I like. Get a lot of vanilla, but there is a lot going on here

OnTheWarpath15 08-25-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15126336)
I can get you some OTWP.

Best way is to get to know people and get on a certain list.

Well, I know you so I guess that's a start lol.

OnTheWarpath15 08-25-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15126341)

Done. Was fun to go back and see people just bombard their local Fry's.

OnTheWarpath15 08-25-2020 02:43 PM

I was able to pick up a bottle of McKenna 10 and Stagg Jr. recently at pretty solid prices, compared to what I've seen in the past in the midwest.

Perineum Ripper 08-25-2020 03:13 PM

Do I build myself a nice shelf to put all my bourbon and glasses on, or do I build myself a cart?

Would like a cart but I have a 18 month old running around, she is a ****ing tornado. So that makes me lean shelf, but don’t really have a good place to put it.

Any suggestions?

KCUnited 08-25-2020 03:24 PM

Getcha a dumped barrel and convert it into a cabinet

That's what I'd do if my wife didn't hate all things rustic.

O.city 08-25-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 15129778)
Well, I know you so I guess that's a start lol.

For sure.

I got 2 bottles of Blantons yesterday. Might part with one if anyone is interested.

srvy 08-25-2020 04:36 PM

Maybe checkout IKEA for a liquor cabinet. They have a lot of stuff like that.

Liqour armoire are pretty kewl but can set you back some.
https://foter.com/photos/256/bar-cabinet-ikea.jpg

srvy 08-25-2020 04:50 PM

Also kids can find a way to get too exposed shelving. My son has a large display of legos star wars figures he put together as kid. I hung shelving on his bedroom walls. Well my daughter saw where I put a yardstick in a closet and knocked everyone down and was playing with them when me and my son were outside. Wife had fallen asleep and thats how fast it can happen.

We have a dining room armoire and I keep my bourbon in the cabinet below the the glass display above. The nice thing is its lockable and it keeps it out of direct sunlight. I dont know if its really true that bourbon needs to be kept out of sunlight like wine or beer I just read it somewhere.

phisherman 08-25-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15129996)
Also kids can find a way to get too exposed shelving. My son has a large display of legos star wars figures he put together as kid. I hung shelving on his bedroom walls. Well my daughter saw where I put a yardstick in a closet and knocked everyone down and was playing with them when me and my son were outside. Wife had fallen asleep and thats how fast it can happen.

We have a dining room armoire and I keep my bourbon in the cabinet below the the glass display above. The nice thing is its lockable and it keeps it out of direct sunlight. I dont know if its really true that bourbon needs to be kept out of sunlight like wine or beer I just read it somewhere.

I don't worry about UV light with bourbon like I do with beer. Bourbon's enemy in the long term is oxygen exposure.

Now that doesn't mean to leave your bourbon collection on the dashboard of your car over the summer but I wouldn't worry about leaving bottles out on some shelves where there is light.

lewdog 08-25-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 15129780)
Done. Was fun to go back and see people just bombard their local Fry's.

I totally would have bought you a bottle of that Full Proof pick! I didn't even think about having a bourbon guy from CP in town. I know you're on the opposite side of town but I'd be willing to meet somewhere. I'll hit you up next time and see if you need anything.

CHENZ A! 08-25-2020 10:30 PM

That Uncle Nearest is phenomenal