ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

notorious 09-03-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8874842)
Wow, that's really going out on a limb there. I mean, I can't even see how you'd make that connection!

:D I KEED :D

I need an easy win. Most of my other "predictions" have been a little off. LMAO

Paniero 09-03-2012 08:07 PM

This wait for next year's season is going to be hard to take.

notorious 09-03-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paniero (Post 8875349)
This wait for next year's season is going to be hard to take.

This.

10 months is way to long.

Red Brooklyn 09-04-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8874548)

I caught a lot of these kind of things in the episode. There were a ton. A TON of them.

Usually, I hate it when the ends of shows just rehash a bunch of old shit, but this episode was masterful. And the fact that it all happened by, what is essentially, the midpoint of the season is genius. Hopefully, we won't get any more heavy handed reminders.

This was a really great episode, overall.

Fire Me Boy! 09-04-2012 02:04 PM

Mind = blown.

Season 2: The episodes with the pink bear scenes were titled "Seven Thirty-Seven" "Down" "Over" "ABQ."

Baby Lee 09-04-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8877074)
Mind = blown.

Season 2: The episodes with the pink bear scenes were titled "Seven Thirty-Seven" "Down" "Over" "ABQ."

Read somewhere that 'Gliding Over All' is a reference to a WW poem about death being part of the celebration of life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WW
GLIDING o'er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul--not life alone,
Death, many deaths I'll sing.

SLAG 09-04-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8877074)
Mind = blown.

Can you elaborate How these episodes connect to the last episode

To me I agree that it was very ant-climatic but I can't help but feel Like i'm missing something

Fire Me Boy! 09-04-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 8877410)

To me I agree that it was very ant-climatic but I can't help but feel Like i'm missing something

I can't say that they do. But those images above are from the episode ABQ... so I went and looked up ABQ to remind me what episode that was, and I discovered that tidbit.

Baby Lee 09-04-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 8877410)

I don't think he was even trying to tie it to the most recent episode. In case you haven't seen season 2

Spoiler!

EDIT: This reminded me to check back at AVClub's recap for comments. 16 effing PAGES!!!

Also, this 1/2 season finale had 50% MORE viewers than last season's finale.

MahiMike 09-04-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8877501)

Hang on, hang on, hang on! Are you telling me that was the last episode for a while? I thought this was the last season? How many episodes was that? 4?

mikeyis4dcats. 09-04-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8873388)
Did anybody think the multiple references to the fly were more than coincidental tonight?

''

every fly reference is intentional. in an episode earlier this season a fly was added DIGITALLY.

MTG#10 09-04-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8877981)
Hang on, hang on, hang on! Are you telling me that was the last episode for a while? I thought this was the last season? How many episodes was that? 4?

8. The final 8 will start next summer.

NewChief 09-04-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8877981)

That was 8 episodes, which equals half the last season. Except that's BS for all intents and purposes as they're taking a year off before we get the "second half" which are the final 8 episodes of this season. So yeah, settle in for the wait.
o:-)

MahiMike 09-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8878001)
That was 8 episodes, which equals half the last season. Except that's BS for all intents and purposes as they're taking a year off before we get the "second half" which are the final 8 episodes of this season. So yeah, settle in for the wait.
o:-)

WTH? I only caught the last 4. When did it start?

mikeyis4dcats. 09-04-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8877501)
I don't think he was even trying to tie it to the most recent episode. In case you haven't seen season 2

Spoiler!

EDIT: This reminded me to check back at AVClub's recap for comments. 16 effing PAGES!!!

the pink bear motif appears all OVER.....murals on walls, even a parallel between the one eyed bear in the pool and one eyed Fring.