ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Car Care and Detailing Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291131)

BigRedChief 04-16-2015 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11439695)
Really curious how the Optimum coating works out. Have always wondered if those coatings helped much with all of the micro-scratches black picks up even when you are being really careful.

Not black but my Mustang had the coating put on back in 2005. 10 years and 144k miles later it looks great.

frankotank 04-16-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11438992)
Well, she's done. Much better. Cannot tell at all there's tint on the front window. Tinting makes any car sleeker looking.

sweet!
what kinda horsepower is that thing pumping?

MIAdragon 04-16-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11440266)
Not black but my Mustang had the coating put on back in 2005. 10 years and 144k miles later it looks great.

Here is that detailer his name is Gary
813-846-4406

BigRedChief 04-16-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11440330)
Here is that detailer his name is Gary
813-846-4406

This guy rocks. Anything you want to know about detailing a car, this man figured it out years ago.

He invented his own chemical compound to do the paint sealant better than the cquartz/opti-coat. He is selling it on the internet

Check out the guys you tube channel. Shows you how to properly wash a car, use a claybar etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/premiumdetailfl/videos

He also gave me the name of the top tint guy in the Southwest. They are booked out 3 months in advance during slow times. And these are not slow times. I mentioned Gary referred me and he moved me up to 2 months out. Going to be a couple of months before I take delivery anyway.:(

Thanks man, very good lead.

MIAdragon 04-16-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11440860)
This guy rocks. Anything you want to know about detailing a car, this man figured it out years ago.

He invented his own chemical compound to do the paint sealant better than the cquartz/opti-coat. He is selling it on the internet

Check out the guys you tube channel. Shows you how to properly wash a car, use a claybar etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/premiumdetailfl/videos

He also gave me the name of the top tint guy in the Southwest. They are booked out 3 months in advance during slow times. And these are not slow times. I mentioned Gary referred me and he moved me up to 2 months out. Going to be a couple of months before I take delivery anyway.:(

Thanks man, very good lead.

He's a little nutty but knows what he's doing.

lewdog 04-16-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11440270)
sweet!
what kinda horsepower is that thing pumping?

You're asking the wrong dude! LOL.

I'm not sure and not sure I'll pay to find out. I could ask my FIL but not sure he knows either. ROFL

stonedstooge 04-17-2015 04:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey lewdog: check out my black Trans Am after 30 minutes of work. I live 2.5 miles from pavement so you can imagine how much dust and dirt gets all over my baby. It becomes a labor of love living with a black car.

I've waxed her twice so far this year with Maguires wax made specifically for black cars. I buff it off with a 10" buffer, hit it with the California Duster, and then wipe it down with a microfiber towel.

After driving in a couple of days ago, it was all dusty and had many bugs on the front nose, side of the bumper and mirrors. I dusted it down with the California IMG_0868.jpg Duster, sprayed it with a detailer and wiped down with a microfiber cloth. I let the detailer sit on the bugs for a spell to loosen them up.

Here's what she looks like when done

Attachment 109606

Attachment 109607

Attachment 109608

Attachment 109609

Not bad for a lady that will turn 20 this fall

Shit, can't get photos to load right now. When I got a new computer that had Windows 7 I haven't figured out how to get pictures to appear in my post. Anyone have some help?

Time's Yours 04-17-2015 05:35 PM

What do you guys to for carbon fiber on the inside of the car? Is it typically clear coated how a hood would be?

My seat backs have lost their shine and are pretty rough to the touch. You think just clay and wax them?

BigRedChief 04-17-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 11442317)
Hey lewdog: check out my black Trans Am after 30 minutes of work. I live 2.5 miles from pavement so you can imagine how much dust and dirt gets all over my baby. It becomes a labor of love living with a black car.

I've waxed her twice so far this year with Maguires wax made specifically for black cars. I buff it off with a 10" buffer, hit it with the California Duster, and then wipe it down with a microfiber towel.

After driving in a couple of days ago, it was all dusty and had many bugs on the front nose, side of the bumper and mirrors. I dusted it down with the California IMG_0868.jpg Duster, sprayed it with a detailer and wiped down with a microfiber cloth. I let the detailer sit on the bugs for a spell to loosen them up.

Attachment 109606

Attachment 109607

Attachment 109608

Attachment 109609

Shit, can't get photos to load right now. When I got a new computer that had Windows 7 I haven't figured out how to get pictures to appear in my post. Anyone have some help?

They are upside down on your computer. Attaching them doesn't rotate the view.

Sweet looking ride! Even if it is upside down.

MIAdragon 04-17-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillip (Post 11442379)
What do you guys to for carbon fiber on the inside of the car? Is it typically clear coated how a hood would be?

My seat backs have lost their shine and are pretty rough to the touch. You think just clay and wax them?

Nope need to be Clayed, compounded and polished then coated.

lewdog 04-17-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 11442317)

Attachment 109606

Attachment 109607

Attachment 109608

Attachment 109609

She looks really good buddy! Sounds like you've got a good system for cleaning. So if you get sticky shit, bugs or tree shit, how long do you let the detailed sit before wiping? Do you let it dry a bit and do you spray the whole car each time?

lewdog 04-17-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11440860)

Any link to this? I'm gonna be doing a full cleaning and seal job next week.

Good stuff being shared in here. I'm learning tons!

Bearcat 04-17-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11439691)
Lew, car looks great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11440147)
Except for those wheels, right???!!! ROFL.

Ever since that was mentioned I've been looking at my wheels and thinking, damn, I need to wash those more often... LMAO

I saw mentions of Sonax, going to give that a shot.

TrebMaxx 04-17-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11443261)
Ever since that was mentioned I've been looking at my wheels and thinking, damn, I need to wash those more often... LMAO

You should check out bimmerfest.com and join their forums. A lot of knowledgeable folks over there and threads for you specific model.

lewdog 04-17-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11443261)

Good!

My comment was for MIA who said he hated the rims on the mustang. I actually really like them in person, 19", clean as shit, and were hard to acquire back in 2005. And boy do I love to keep them shiny. Ammonia free windex takes the daily dust right off and shines them nice. That was a trick I learned years ago from my girlfriend at the time's father. He used it on some nice rims he had.