ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Anybody here ever actually run the 40? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242253)

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:05 PM

Dane I grew up in the shawnee mission school district and went there through middle school...I attended many games for west and east...maybe a handful of those guys were running 4.5's...the champaign school districts weren't as big that's for sure...but I played with many college athletes...hell I could have gone to kaskaskia cc as a preferred walk on in baseball but didn't...this is the same argument I have with the guy I referenced early who put up mike alstott high school numbers...he thinks he ran a 4.5 too...while me and my other roommate mock him about it because its just not true.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

beach tribe 03-03-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464767)
So you think your high school coach is clocking you at 45 yards not 35? Lololol...use a little common sense dane. Again...its the same thing as being listed as 6'5" in bball when you're really 6'2"...or 250 lbs when you're 220

Only if your coach is a reerun. I played 4 years of HS, and attended a football camp, and never saw any coaches who didn't try their best to record accurate times. What would be the point? They are taking records to assess players. What would be the benefit of running 40s if they weren't going to try and record accurate times.
Player height, and weight listings are skewed sometimes, but how in the world does that have any ties to performance records.
They don't list a players forty times for the fans, or opposing coaches.
That would be like a coaches marking down a player as maxing out in bench at 300 when he only lifted 250. Not to mention there are two different coaches clocking players at the same time. What, do they decide before a player runs that they are going to shave .2 seconds off a players times before he even runs?

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:07 PM

All I'm saying is...high school coaches promote their players as they are supposed to...a 4.4 is usually more like a 4.6...etc etc etc and thinking differently is god damn naive...4.5 speed is as rare as a 90 mph fastball...I was a damn good baseball player for years and years and years...and I faced 90 mph heat a handful of times, tops...and I played year round.

seclark 03-03-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7464781)
About 4-5 hours EVERY day, I have quads like a ****ing body builder, and as per my wife "one damn nice ass"

i used them for 3 days helping my carpenter/friend do the ceilings of our new house. finally, i had to quit. my asshole dropped down to ankle level. damn!
respect.
sec

Over-Head 03-03-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7464759)
damn dude...you ever use stilts for your ceiling work? bet that's comfortable.
sec

Also great for x-mass decorating :thumb:

Over-Head 03-03-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7464793)
i used them for 3 days helping my carpenter/friend do the ceilings of our new house. finally, i had to quit. my asshole dropped down to ankle level. damn!
respect.
sec

Roids hanging like grapes...YEP
You do get used to it after a few years, like any repetative movement job occupation.

beach tribe 03-03-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464782)
Dane I grew up in the shawnee mission school district and went there through middle school...I attended many games for west and east...maybe a handful of those guys were running 4.5's...the champaign school districts weren't as big that's for sure...but I played with many college athletes...hell I could have gone to kaskaskia cc as a preferred walk on in baseball but didn't...this is the same argument I have with the guy I referenced early who put up mike alstott high school numbers...he thinks he ran a 4.5 too...while me and my other roommate mock him about it because its just not true.

Alstott ran a 4.66 at the combine. It's not out of the realm of reality that he could have run a high 4.5 in HS before he added another 25 lbs of muscle.

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464782)

The point is, Hootie, is that if everyone was being timed by their coaches at 4.5, it was accurate for the day. We didn't have the sophistication that exists today, but that doesn't make those times inaccurate.

My senior year in high school, we had two guys run a 4.5. One went on to be a starting safety at Coffeyville and the other quit mid-season and never played football again.

Fast forward 30 years and running 4.5 in high school is so common it's ridiculous. Look at Jadevon Clowney for instance. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE I ever met or played against in the early 80's looked like that, including Rodney Peete.

seclark 03-03-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7464797)
Roids hanging like grapes...YEP

same color as grapes too...whoa.
sec

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:11 PM

Yes it is...he ran a 4.8..tops and our coaches fed his ego by timing him at 4.5...plain and simple...and a 4.8 is damn fast for a bull like him

beach tribe 03-03-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464790)
4.5 speed is as rare as a 90 mph fastball...I was a damn good baseball player for years and years and years...and I faced 90 mph heat a handful of times, tops...and I played year round.

This is so incorrect, it's not even funny.

We had at least 20 players at the football camp that I attended that ran LEGIT laser timed 40s. in the 4.5 range.

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464803)
Yes it is...he ran a 4.8..tops and our coaches fed his ego by timing him at 4.5...plain and simple...and a 4.8 is damn fast for a bull like him

Sounds to me like shit coaches. Did he play in college?

beach tribe 03-03-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7464801)
Fast forward 30 years and running 4.5 in high school is so common it's ridiculous. Look at Jadevon Clowney for instance. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE I ever met or played against in the early 80's looked like that, including Rodney Peete.

This. It Legitimately happens every day.

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:14 PM

He got a full ride to a juco to play baseball...his pop time was incredible...back injuries derailed his baseball career but darin fletcher told him he had big league potential if he kept working

beach tribe 03-03-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7464809)
Sounds to me like shit coaches. Did he play in college?

Yep. Sounds to me like Hootie's coaches were just full of shit, and he thinks that is the norm.