ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

Frazod 02-15-2022 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 16146251)
Yeah, I'm bummed out that more games don't have an 'old farts' mode.

Even games like AC where you might be able to use stealth instead of FPS...

At some point you inevitably get in combat.

But worse, where as you can sometimes set the combat to easy, they don't usually let you set stealth to easy or the complicated jumps between buildings to easy.

I soured on Assassin's Creed years ago. IIRC I crapped out on the second or third one. Got sick of all the jumping, climbing and timed missions where you had to jump and climb to exact spots.

htismaqe 02-15-2022 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16146471)
I soured on Assassin's Creed years ago. IIRC I crapped out on the second or third one. Got sick of all the jumping, climbing and timed missions where you had to jump and climb to exact spots.

You should definitely try the newer games. Starting with Unity, they pretty much abandoned the strict mission objectives. The games now allow you to solve problems your own way, whether that's stealth or whatever.

tredadda 02-15-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16146471)

I will say that Odyssey and Valhalla are nothing like that at all.

ThaVirus 02-15-2022 10:09 AM

Yep, I mentioned that I recently played Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. I fired up Unity for about 30 minutes last night and it legitimately feels like a different game.

I like both styles, but I did not expect such a stark contrast.

BigBeauford 02-15-2022 10:13 AM

Anyone else on pins and needles waiting for their Steam Deck?

Simply Red 02-15-2022 10:28 AM

Anyone have a console for sale?

Simply Red 02-15-2022 10:29 AM

PS4 or XBox One or N64 w. good controllers...?

Simply Red 02-15-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16146760)
Anyone else on pins and needles waiting for their Steam Deck?

i am for Dying Light 2 :)

Fish 02-15-2022 12:21 PM

Personally, I really hate stealth play in games. Especially the forced stealth missions. Those are the worst!

If I can't Leroy Jenkins my way through the game, I get bored with it.

Dark Souls games? **** that, not enjoyable...

ToxSocks 02-15-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16147085)
Personally, I really hate stealth play in games. Especially the forced stealth missions. Those are the worst!

Ditto. Dying Light 2 looks like a game i'd give up on early.

htismaqe 02-15-2022 12:30 PM

Quote:

The later AC games don't force you to stealth but it definitely provides and advantage. I play quite a few hunting sims which are stealth extreme. I love sitting in a hunting stand and waiting. It's relaxing when you don't have wave after wave of zombies coming at you.

Quote:

Totally agree.

ThaVirus 02-15-2022 01:17 PM

Reminds me of my Skyrim runs. I'd always tell myself try to focus on sneak and bow/arrow builds but 20 minutes later I'm dual-wielding axes, running straight into a fortress.

htismaqe 02-15-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16147264)
Reminds me of my Skyrim runs. I'd always tell myself try to focus on sneak and bow/arrow builds but 20 minutes later I'm dual-wielding axes, running straight into a fortress.

ROFL

Frazod 02-15-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

I was just the opposite - I loved sniping in Skyrim.

tredadda 02-15-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

I am definitely a hybrid on those. I sneak up on as many as I can, but when I inevitably get discovered I go full Conan the Barbarian.