ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

petegz28 06-01-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10664648)
Arya's crazy laughing fit was both cathartic and terrifying.

probably my favorite character throughout the books

BigRedChief 06-01-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10664648)
Arya's crazy laughing fit was both cathartic and terrifying.

WTF are they going to do with her in the Vale? Thats no where in the book. The Hound is dead or was left for dead. Arya needs to get back on the book track.

whats next, Arya and Sansa hug it out while the Hound eats chickens?

petegz28 06-01-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10664678)
WTF are they going to do with her in the Vale? Thats no where in the book. The Hound is dead or was left for dead. Arya needs to get back on the book track.

Think you better go re-read the books

AndChiefs 06-01-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10664678)

They'll just leave since lysa is dead. They don't know Sansa is there.

Pepe Silvia 06-01-2014 08:48 PM

That brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "Smashing your face in."

Bowser 06-01-2014 08:54 PM

So if next week is going to be all about Mance Rayder laying siege to the Wall, will episode 10 be about Tyrion's escape and subsequent murder of Tywin on the pot? Do they have enough time for that?

petegz28 06-01-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10664753)
So if next week is going to be all about Mance Rayder laying siege to the Wall, will episode 10 be about Tyrion's escape and subsequent murder of Tywin on the pot? Do they have enough time for that?

They have to finish book 3 this season so there ya have it

Bowser 06-01-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10664764)
They have to finish book 3 this season so there ya have it

Do they "have" to? I mean, it would be the perfect season finale, with Lady Stoneheart being the cliffhanger, but I'm just afraid they're pinched on time and won't be able to do it. Or at the very least, they do it and not do it justice.

Eh, whatever. They've done a pretty spectacular job to this point, so they have my trust.

Skyy God 06-01-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10664753)

That's my guess.

keg in kc 06-01-2014 09:18 PM

God, that was even worse than I thought it was going to be.

Bowser 06-01-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10664820)

Yep. Popped him open like a ripe cantaloupe. Nasty.

Skyy God 06-01-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10664820)

I'm still a little traumatized, but in a good way.

NewChief 06-01-2014 09:36 PM

After looking at the spoiler free thread as well as my Facebook, I'm worried about the ability of the show to keep viewer's interest through books 4-5. Hell, people are complaining that this season hasn't lived up to its billing. Can you imagine the bitching for the next 4 years on the drudgery of 4 & 5?

Bowser 06-01-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10664862)
After looking at the spoiler free thread as well as my Facebook, I'm worried about the ability of the show to keep viewer's interest through books 4-5. Hell, people are complaining that this season hasn't lived up to its billing. Can you imagine the bitching for the next 4 years on the drudgery of 4 & 5?

I have that exact fear. OH HEY, we get to watch Sam, Gilly, and Maester Aemon sail south! OH HEY, we get to watch the Sand Snakes, characters we haven't even heard of but are touted as fierce bad ass women warriors, get locked up! OH HEY, here's some kid that claims to be Prince Rhaegar's son trying to find Danerys! OH HEY, Davos is on a sightseeing tour of the north!

While I loved the books, I just don't think 4 and 5 will translate well to screen. However, as I said earlier, these guys writing for the show have done a pretty super job so far, so I'll trust them for now.

keg in kc 06-01-2014 09:55 PM

I think that's why we're starting to see random stuff like Locke and Grey Worm's romance, exploring ways to color the show down the road. I also figure they'll stretch out important sequences that are covered quickly in the books. Which is why I think Stoneheart has to be a part of it, and will likely be somehow more meaty than in the books.