ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

raybec 4 05-22-2014 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10644656)
I know but you don't find how easily she kills disturbing? Like it's almost a relief when she does it.

That's what it takes to be a person without a face.

Hawk 05-22-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10644656)
I know but you don't find how easily she kills disturbing? Like it's almost a relief when she does it.

She said it herself, she has a hole in her chest where her heart used to be. She goes to sleep reciting a list of people she wants to kill. Kid has been through some serious crap, she has to be damaged. But I like it that she still seems to have that inner Stark to her and she mostly has good reason to kill the people she does. Self-defense, revenge, and honor account for most of them.

There are one or two that you can't say that about though, so she is certainly a little killer in the making. I hope her story has a happy ending, she of all the characters needs a reuniting with family and/or wolf scene given how tragic her life has been and how close she has come to a reunion only to have it cruelly stripped away before her eyes.

Setsuna 05-22-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 10644706)
That's what it takes to be a person without a face.

I see what you did there but she will never truly become one as long as she has Needle and the chance that she gets to see Jon still exists. Although if word gets out about the mutiny at the Wall which I doubt it since utter chaos is ensuing then she may go full Faceless because in all honesty Jon is the only thing keeping her Arya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10644817)
She said it herself, she has a hole in her chest where her heart used to be. She goes to sleep reciting a list of people she wants to kill. Kid has been through some serious crap, she has to be damaged. But I like it that she still seems to have that inner Stark to her and she mostly has good reason to kill the people she does. Self-defense, revenge, and honor account for most of them.

There are one or two that you can't say that about though, so she is certainly a little killer in the making. I hope her story has a happy ending, she of all the characters needs a reuniting with family and/or wolf scene given how tragic her life has been and how close she has come to a reunion only to have it cruelly stripped away before her eyes.

That doesn't justify a girl who isn't even 15 yet to be killing fools left and right because she wants to. I'm saying she's heading down a dark path. But my prediction is she gets back to Westeros somehow and her and Jon marry at end of series since I'm 99% sure he is Rhagaer and Lyanna's son and cousins marrying happens all the time in this series universe.

keg in kc 05-23-2014 11:49 PM

A new character list for next year leaked, via winteriscoming:
Quote:

Prince Doran Martell – Doran is described as the major new player this year, appearing in multiple episodes. The fiftysomething prince uses a wheelchair, is reclusive and rules wisely. It appears the show is looking to continue the trend it started with Pedro Pascal, and cast Latino actors for the Martell clan.

Prince Trystane Martell – Trystane, the handsome fiance of Princess Myrcella, is being aged up to 18.

Areo Hotah - Doran’s personal bodyguard will appear throughout the season, assisting the prince with his duties. The show is particularly looking for a black actor to fill the role.

The Sand Snakes, Oberyn Martell’s bastard daughters (with ages ranging 18-25):

Obara Sand – The eldest and most athletic Sand Snake will be having a major fight scene with a series regular character- not one who crosses her path in the books. This is an interesting change.

Nymeria Sand – Nymeria is described as “mixed race,” with her father being the fairer Oberyn and her mother being darker skinned. The second oldest of these Sand Snakes, she’s beautiful, emotional and very strong.

Tyene Sand - The youngest of the Sand Snakes that we meet uses her wits and seductive powers, and is less of a physical fighter than the other Sand Snakes. She is just as deadly as her sisters, however, but her weapon is poison.

High Sparrow - The books’ pious head of a religious movement will be appearing in several episodes in season 5.

Septa Unella – The show is looking for a character actress to play the imposing and unrelenting septa who spends a lot of time with a major series character next year.

Maggy the Frog- A fortune teller in A Feast for Crows, she’ll be in one episode next year.

Lollys Stokeworth – Just last week in “Mockingbird,” Bronn announced his intention to marry Lollys, whom Tyrion considers “dimwitted.” It looks like the sellsword will still be around next year.

Yezzan - A sleazy Meereenese slave owner.

The Waif – The strange child from the books that Arya encounters will likely be played by an older actress, one in her later teens, and we understand the show is specifically looking for a woman of East Asian descent for the part.

Hawk 05-24-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10648049)

Awesome! Maggy the Frog! Cant wait to see how they show Cersei's prophecy.

I see the waif, but what about the old man? And what about Princess Arianne? Maybe they have already been cast?

Bowser 05-24-2014 09:08 AM

Anybody else have the fear that this show is going to slow down and be a bit less exciting after this season finishes up?

keg in kc 05-24-2014 01:34 PM

Yes.

Setsuna 05-24-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10648228)
Anybody else have the fear that this show is going to slow down and be a bit less exciting after this season finishes up?

Nope. Now the Wall will be the most interesting plot in the story.

Ragged Robin 05-24-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10648049)

Where's Penny?? :(

keg in kc 05-24-2014 08:59 PM

I'm sure there will be more character announcements down the road.

BigRedChief 05-24-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10648228)

The books certainly slowed down. TV can do more to liven up the book material.

KcMizzou 05-25-2014 07:32 PM

Sweet!

"I am actor Pedro Pascal. I play Oberyn in Game of Thrones, Ask me anything."

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...yn_in_game_of/

Ragged Robin 05-25-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10649285)
I'm sure there will be more character announcements down the road.

Pretty sure she wasn't there in Joeffrey's wedding either.. there were only dood dwarves.

Bowser 06-01-2014 06:46 PM

jonesjonesjones

KcMizzou 06-01-2014 08:21 PM

Arya's crazy laughing fit was both cathartic and terrifying.