ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

blaise 03-19-2012 07:27 AM

Sometimes I think they should have a battery powered alarm clock, or an egg timer. Then they could have someone try and put it out in the woods and have it go off to draw the zombies away. Seems like they'll go toward any sound.

KC_Lee 03-19-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8470963)
Meh. Ricks just pissy about Lori and the Shane situation at the moment. He'll calm down and get back to his blasé style soon enough, I'm sure.

Carl needs to quit throwing out ultimatums to his dad before he gets a five fingerd facial.

Pimp hand his whole family?

Now I am on board for that! :thumb:

Ceej 03-19-2012 07:29 AM

I know I may be overlooking things -- and they're not important when a zombie apocalypse occurs.

But, do none of these people have cellphones?

Sure, would have prevented the farm cluster****...

duncan_idaho 03-19-2012 07:31 AM

I am extremely disappointed they didn't follow through with the end of Shane from the comics.

Two major differences that would make the show more enjoyable for hardcore fans (and probably alienate the mass audiences, which is why they didn't happen):

1) Rick is MUCH more hardcore/badass in the comic. Pretty much from the day he reunites with his family, he's willing to do whatever - and screw over whomever - to make sure his survives. That type of protagonist plays OK on an HBO/Showtime series. Not so much on regular cable.

2) Carl is, too. And HE FREAKING KILLS SHANE to protect his dad.

siberian khatru 03-19-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 8470743)
What if Rick's wife misscarries the baby. If everyone is already infected..will it turn and eat her from the inside out?

Son and I said the same thing last night -- "Rick, the baby hasn't moved in awhile," and then all of a sudden she screams and the baby bursts through her stomach "Alien"-style.

We both agreed that's too dark for AMC. They'd never do it.

My son also said the Governor has a familial relationship in the comics that sounds way beyond what basic cable would go for.

siberian khatru 03-19-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8470806)
Ive never hated a character more than Lori, seriously.

When she was threatening to get out of the truck and go search for Carl on foot, I said, "She is the DUMBEST character on this show."

KC_Lee 03-19-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8470977)
I know I may be overlooking things -- and they're not important when a zombie apocalypse occurs.

But, do none of these people have cellphones?

Sure, would have prevented the farm cluster****...

If there is no power how do you charge the phones or run the cell towers?

Deberg_1990 03-19-2012 07:34 AM

heh, why couldnt they have just waited a night and gone back to the farm? Wouldnt the Zombie herd have just moved on by then?? Also, heres a spoiler for season 3. Not sure if its been posted yet:

Spoiler!

raybec 4 03-19-2012 07:41 AM

Lori completely manipulated Shane into making the move on Rick, she seems like she wanted it to turn out the other way.

Ceej 03-19-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8470982)
If there is no power how do you charge the phones or run the cell towers?

Everlasting cell phone batteries, lol.

blaise 03-19-2012 07:58 AM

They couldn't have cell phones, but they basically had nothing. No flares, no mirrors to reflect sun, no flashlights. No starting of a fire so others could see the smoke. No plan at all. I didn't see any ready to go supply bags, except for the blond who had the bag of guns. Just, let's live here on the farm and pretend it'll last forever.

Ceej 03-19-2012 07:58 AM

But seriously....car phone chargers could work too.

I know it's just me nit picking.

notorious 03-19-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 8470994)
Lori completely manipulated Shane into making the move on Rick, she seems like she wanted it to turn out the other way.

This.

She appeared disappointed that Shane lost.

KC_Lee 03-19-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8471016)
Everlasting cell phone batteries, lol.

And why not try to find some bicycles? Short trips? Use a bike.

In every post-apocalyptic (zombies, nuclear war, plauge, etc.) movie every bicycle on the planet disappears.

notorious 03-19-2012 08:03 AM

When they drove around wasting ammo I :facepalm:.