ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

DeezNutz 05-21-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8629342)
Big 12 is crumbling.

What has happened during the last two years? And now we're going to laugh this off, pretend it didn't happen, and proclaim all problems solved?

For the region, I hope that the Big XII regains its footing and strength. It is somewhat ironic that partnering with which conference immediately granted viability? There were no initial comments about the bowl deal "stabilizing the SEC" or "saving the SEC." Wonder why?

RustShack 05-21-2012 10:54 AM

Add ND and Florida St.

notorious 05-21-2012 11:04 AM

Wow, this conference might actually become stronger after the shitstorm a few years ago

ArrowheadHawk 05-21-2012 11:08 AM

Death to the ACC.

RustShack 05-21-2012 11:09 AM

It already has passed the B1G and the Champions bowl with the SEC was huge on top of that.

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8629441)
It already has passed the B1G and the Champions bowl with the SEC was huge on top of that.

It has?

Saul Good 05-21-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8629441)

The ****?

The Big Twelve passed the ACC for the fourth spot with the new bowl arrangement. They are currently well behind the PAC, but adding FSU and Clemson would close most, if not all, of that gap.

alnorth 05-21-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8629454)
The ****?

The Big Twelve passed the ACC for the fourth spot with the new bowl arrangement. They are currently well behind the PAC, but adding FSU and Clemson would close most, if not all, of that gap.

Yeah, I gotta agree that its a little early to hang a silver medal around the Big 12's neck. There's POTENTIAL they could be #2 after the end of the summer, but until the right schools are actually added, the Big 12 is either #3 or #4.

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8629454)
The ****?

Hey look someone who gets it.

Rustshack isn't the only person in this thread who's said this though. I don't understand this at all. We all know the SEC is the best in terms of the best teams. The SEC/Big12 bowl will be cool but is there a better known bowl than the Rose Bowl? I don't think so.

Saul Good 05-21-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8629457)
Yeah, I gotta agree that its a little early to hang a silver medal around the Big 12's neck. There's POTENTIAL they could be #2 after the end of the summer, but until the right schools are actually added, the Big 12 is either #3 or #4.

Lets say they went beast and added Notre Dame, Clemson, Louisville, and Clemson. They would then be about even with the B1G.

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 11:30 AM

Nah they get Notre Dame they certainly move ahead of the B1G.

eazyb81 05-21-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8629475)
Nah they get Notre Dame they certainly move ahead of the B1G.

Then when they add Michigan and Ohio State, the REAL money starts flowing in.

Bambi 05-21-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8629342)
Big 12 is crumbling.

Crumbling or imploding. One of the two.

Bambi 05-21-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8629400)
What has happened during the last two years? And now we're going to laugh this off, pretend it didn't happen, and proclaim all problems solved?

For the region, I hope that the Big XII regains its footing and strength. It is somewhat ironic that partnering with which conference immediately granted viability? There were no initial comments about the bowl deal "stabilizing the SEC" or "saving the SEC." Wonder why?

This is pretty much wrong. Many people around here, myself included, never believed that the Big 12 was "in trouble".

You've never heard anything like "thank God the Big 12 signed a deal to play a bowl with the SEC" out of my mouth... This conference would have been just fine without doing that. Is it a bit odd to entangle yourself with the history of cheating and scandal that being involved with the SEC brings? Maybe, but whatever...is what it is.

DeezNutz 05-21-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8629516)
This is pretty much wrong. Many people around here, myself included, never believed that the Big 12 was "in trouble".

You've never heard anything like "thank God the Big 12 signed a deal to play a bowl with the SEC" out of my mouth... This conference would have been just fine without doing that. Is it a bit odd to entangle yourself with the history of cheating and scandal that being involved with the SEC brings? Maybe, but whatever...is what it is.

OK.