ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

TrickyNicky 12-23-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 13249347)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IAqjWpK6IO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crawl is another Coop/competitive game I enjoyed. Crawl is a cross between Gauntlet and smear the queer. you have 4 players (or AI stand ins) 1 player starts as the hero and the other 3 start as ghosts/monsters. the hero tries to crawl the dungeon while the other players try to kill the hero. whichever ghost/monster player kills the hero, gets to be the next hero. the hero levels up while the monsters progress into bigger baddies.

the only drawback to Crawl is that there is no online multi-p (you can find a workaround on PC) so you will have to play multi-p locally

I bought this game on a whim while looking for a good couch coop game to use with the Steam Link. Fishpicker is absolutely correct. This is a great game, and an even better concept. I've only had 2 non-AI players at one time, but you can see the definitive potential in this game. The progression trees allow for plenty of customization. If you are a fan of the Neo-8-bit graphic design games like Hotline: Miami, and appreciate lite-RPG and Rogue-like elements, mixed with party game atmospheres. This is the purchase for you.

crazycoffey 12-24-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 13303911)
Game is already dead again, averaging 500 online aint gonna cut it.

Ubishit

:facepalm: The server beta was a test. How can it be “dead again” if online users jumped during the test? The people who tried it before, and made all the complaints in the video game complaint bible, some people can’t stop believing, came back during the beta test. People who had never tried it, because “ubishit” mantra, tried it to. For free. They didn’t have to buy the game and probably won’t, until the servers actually go into effect.

I don’t play it much anymore, because of the glitchy shit everyone bitches about. But I tried the server test, and noticed the difference. Now, I’m waiting to play it when the dedicated servers finally go into effect, I’ll play more.

I’m probably the only one in the whole world who fits that demographic.....

But go on regurgitating the “it’s too late to redeem the game” BS

😘

A Salt Weapon 12-25-2017 01:19 AM

So I’m kinda disappointed with the kid games available for the PS4, is there something I’m missing or do I need to go with Nintendo for that? Is the switch the best system to get for a 6 and 8 yr old? Seems quite expensive for what it is when a new PS4 can be had with a game for around $200 and change this Christmas.

bigjosh 12-25-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 13307272)
So I’m kinda disappointed with the kid games available for the PS4, is there something I’m missing or do I need to go with Nintendo for that? Is the switch the best system to get for a 6 and 8 yr old? Seems quite expensive for what it is when a new PS4 can be had with a game for around $200 and change this Christmas.

Switch is definitely the way to go. 6-8 year olds are mostly playing platformers, which are going to dominate switch.

That being said, there are some PS4 games that the kids will understand. Rayman games are simple side scrollers, Maybe Little big planet. It depends on their abilities to play the games too.

My kids love Rayman and Mario. Those are both on nintendo platform.

Fishpicker 12-30-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13234686)
Be nice to find a good online coop game as well if you have any suggestions.

I found another great coop game. Heliborne. its amazing. I would describe it as Battlefield:Vietnam minus the first person ground fighting. you 'member how in battlefield games people would spawn camp and take the best vehicles? now everybody gets the chopper. and you get to choose what chopper you want and what role to play. the controls are similar to the Heli's in battlefield games too but it is more forgiving.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r87EvXNmpYg" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really like this because I can pilot my Huey and manually control the door gunner. and I can upgrade the door gunners so that they fire dual M60s

https://image.ibb.co/gjD5xG/Huey.jpg

the other cool thing is this game is CTF and you need troop transports to take over the bases. you can customize soldier types that you are transporting too. you drop off infantry to CTF. you can drop off mortar teams in secluded areas to bombard enemy personnel. and you can drop off MANPAD troops to shoot down enemy choppers with stingers. or you can drop off rpg troops to stop armor and PT boats from advancing

the classes of choppers are scouts (they spot personnel and call in mortar strikes), troop transports, gunships, and gunship/transport hybrids

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_8dsttTNoGo" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Heliborne is right up my alley

kcxiv 12-30-2017 04:18 PM

The only UBIsoft game to survive in online gameplay has been RainBow 6 Seige, that game is super ****ing fun though, they did a great job with improving that game.

DJJasonp 12-31-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13301449)
I think I am going to take the PSVR plunge. Anyone have experience with one?

Yes....it's fun...though hooking it up/storing it away is a pain in the rear (tons of extra cords, etc.)

That said, Rush of Blood was a blast, and there seems to be quite an uptick of VR content being released over the past several months (Fallout VR as one example).

If you're into Horror games, it's definitely worth it for the experience, and there are several quality horror VR games.

It's supposedly a tick better with the PS4 Pro (but I havent played a VR game since I got the pro, so no personal experience there).

RedandGold 01-01-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 13307272)

Sounds like your kids are at the same ages as mine, and the Switch is the way to go. My son just turned six a couple of months ago, and he’s hooked on Splatoon 2. The ability to go seamlessly from docked to portable is a huge plus, and we’ve used tabletop mode for when they’re playing each other in Mario Kart.

I have to admit, I’m having fun with it too, and I haven’t owned a gaming system since SNES.

Gravedigger 01-02-2018 07:47 AM

I never played the South Park RPG's so I bought Fractured But Whole on the Steam Sale for $30 and got Stick of Truth free. Best purchase over the holiday break. Got through Stick of Truth, can't wait to get into Fractured.

WhawhaWhat 01-02-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13324494)
I never played the South Park RPG's so I bought Fractured But Whole on the Steam Sale for $30 and got Stick of Truth free. Best purchase over the holiday break. Got through Stick of Truth, can't wait to get into Fractured.

I laughed really hard when the spaceship crashes and they tell the people that it's just a new Taco Bell that they are building.

The Franchise 01-02-2018 02:49 PM

Picked up a Switch yesterday. Of course everywhere was out of Mario Kart.

Any other good kids games? They aren't old enough really to get into Zelda (although I might pick it up for myself).

oaklandhater 01-02-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13325616)

Any other good kids games? They aren't old enough really to get into Zelda (although I might pick it up for myself).

Sonic mania is amazing on the Switch.

Also enjoyed the hell out of Super Mario odyssey

BigBeauford 01-02-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13325616)

Super Mario Odyssey
Rocket League
ARMS
Enter the Gungeon
Splatoon 2
Bomberman R
Staredew Valley
Overcooked (really really fun coop)

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01-02-2018 04:40 PM

I'm late to the party but having a blast with HZD and the DLC. Sounds like a sequel is in the works, too. Sony is really killing it with exclusives.

oaklandhater 01-02-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13325921)
I'm late to the party but having a blast with HZD and the DLC. Sounds like a sequel is in the works, too. Sony is really killing it with exclusives.

I will bet money the Sequel is planned for the ps5 no way GG gets it done before the PS5 release date.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01-03-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13325930)
I will bet money the Sequel is planned for the ps5 no way GG gets it done before the PS5 release date.

Is there anything concrete on PS5? I've heard everything from 2019 to 2021.

oaklandhater 01-03-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13328137)
Is there anything concrete on PS5? I've heard everything from 2019 to 2021.

Only that Mark Cerny still believes in traditional generations and that we won't get one before 2019.

Beef Supreme 01-29-2018 09:35 AM

Subnautica is finally out of early access. It released Jan 23. I got it on a Steam sale about a year and a half ago. Started a new game this past weekend.

If you like survival type games and fear what's lurking in the ocean depths, this game is for you. It is single player only, which in my opinion is a plus. Very well done. The deeper you go, the scarier it gets. Some truly surprising environments and awesome visuals.

kcxiv 01-29-2018 05:02 PM

i been playing it for over a year, its a decent game, be better if you could play co op with someone.

Jerm 01-30-2018 06:29 PM

Man Celeste is amazing....easily the best game of 2018 and even though it’s super early it’s going to take something really special to beat it out.

Perfect on the Switch as well....

Gravedigger 01-31-2018 07:45 AM

I'm really enjoying Mario Odyssey, not a hot take, but I have been out of Mario games for a long time, just not much interest at all. This game is pretty damn awesome.

Mecca 01-31-2018 08:30 AM

I finally went out and got a switch picked up Mario Odyssey and Zelda, Mario is more fun but Zelda just has so much shit to do.

kcxiv 01-31-2018 09:09 AM

Was in the Sea of Theives closed beta. IT was really fun, but the closed beta was pretty barebones. Its really fun fighting another ship and sinking their ship to still their loot!

NewChief 01-31-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13391552)
I finally went out and got a switch picked up Mario Odyssey and Zelda, Mario is more fun but Zelda just has so much shit to do.

Zelda owns me right now. I just like zoning out at night and entering Hyrule without any real purpose other than just to wander around. It's like reading a book or something. I have hardly even bothered with the quests. I'll just see some tower or something in the distance and be like, "I wonder what's over there..." and off I go. Inevitably, I end up finding something cool.

Fish 01-31-2018 02:54 PM

I played Zelda for a couple days at my Dad's house during the Christmas break. I was blown away. So freaking cool. Looking to get a Switch of my own just for that..

oaklandhater 01-31-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13389231)
Man Celeste is amazing....easily the best game of 2018 and even though it’s super early it’s going to take something really special to beat it out.

Perfect on the Switch as well....

Hey jerm how does it run on the Switch I was thinking about picking this up ?

Jerm 01-31-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13393039)
Hey jerm how does it run on the Switch I was thinking about picking this up ?

Runs great on it, both handheld and docked...

The game, as with most indies, is tailor made for the Switch.

Jerm 01-31-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 13392763)
Zelda owns me right now. I just like zoning out at night and entering Hyrule without any real purpose other than just to wander around. It's like reading a book or something. I have hardly even bothered with the quests. I'll just see some tower or something in the distance and be like, "I wonder what's over there..." and off I go. Inevitably, I end up finding something cool.

That’s the magic of the game....completely turns the open world formula on its head and where almost every other game tells you no, BotW tells you yes.

The most fun I’ve ever had exploring in a game...

Been kinda itching to go back to it, tinkering with doing another play through of it...been long enough for me.

Goddamn I love the Switch lol.

bigjosh 01-31-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13393970)
That’s the magic of the game....completely turns the open world formula on its head and where almost every other game tells you no, BotW tells you yes.

The most fun I’ve ever had exploring in a game...

Been kinda itching to go back to it, tinkering with doing another play through of it...been long enough for me.

Goddamn I love the Switch lol.

I just finished the last devine beast. Getting into side quests before i go seal gannon into darkness.

Jerm 02-07-2018 07:57 PM

Yeah I started another playthrough of BotW having not touched it in months....still just as magical.

Game is unparralled in recent memory IMO.

Dayze 02-08-2018 08:27 AM

Damnit. I've been waiting forever for this game. Oh well - I'd rather wait on a game that's going to be released as a complete/polished game, than what EA/Madden does to customers each year.

Rockstar Games has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 will launch on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on October 26, 2018. The announcement was made on the official Rockstar Games blog where the company apologised for a delay. The game was originally due out during Spring 2018, following an earlier delay from fall 2017. According to Rockstar, this new delay affords the studio extra time to improve the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F63h3v9QV7w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief 02-08-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13407586)
Yeah I started another playthrough of BotW having not touched it in months....still just as magical.

Game is unparralled in recent memory IMO.

I'm stuck on trying to find the memories from the camera. I've randomly happened on a few of them, but I'm clueless how to systematically track them down.

Dayze 02-09-2018 10:20 AM

tell me about the Far Cry series.

I've never played it, but it looks interdasting. I need something to tide me over for a bit while take a break from Madden.

would I need to check out/play previous installments of FC before jumping into FC5?

Fish 02-09-2018 10:55 AM

Far Cry has been a fun series. 3 and 4 are definitely worth playing. Personally, I don't think I'd go back any further than that. Far Cry Primal sucks, don't bother with that one.

Fun weapons. Fun vehicles. Lots of different ways to complete the missions. You can go in stealthy and surprise kill everybody and silently disarm the alarms that will call in more troops/helicopters/etc. Or you can hop in a truck with a heavy gun on top, skid into the enemy camp guns blazing and mass murder fools.

You'd probably be fine starting off with FC5. But if you're bored, 3 and 4 definitely are worth a play.

Dayze 02-09-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13409930)
Far Cry has been a fun series. 3 and 4 are definitely worth playing. Personally, I don't think I'd go back any further than that. Far Cry Primal sucks, don't bother with that one.

Fun weapons. Fun vehicles. Lots of different ways to complete the missions. You can go in stealthy and surprise kill everybody and silently disarm the alarms that will call in more troops/helicopters/etc. Or you can hop in a truck with a heavy gun on top, skid into the enemy camp guns blazing and mass murder fools.

You'd probably be fine starting off with FC5. But if you're bored, 3 and 4 definitely are worth a play.

LMAO

cool. thanks Mang.

I might scout out a used copy of 3 or 4 to check it out.

The Franchise 02-09-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13409945)
LMAO

cool. thanks Mang.

I might scout out a used copy of 3 or 4 to check it out.

What Fish said. The Far Cry games have been my favorites for a while now. Far Cry 4 is a great game to pick up and play. Each game is different though so you don't have to worry about keeping up with a story or anything.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2018 01:19 PM

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...e_Deliverance/

Quote:

a medieval RPG where you engage in realistic sword combat based on 15th century fighting styles...and sometimes opponents yield...and then you can decide whether or not to EXECUTE THEM

and it's open world with a massive story

and yes you can pick pocket and pick houses clean

LOL you can stop guard dogs with horsemeat

ahahaha YOU CAN SNEAK UP ON SLEEPING GUARDS AND MUFFLE THEM TO DEATH

YOU CAN BE AMBUSHED DURING FAST TRAVEL

LOL YOU CAN GET DRUNK AND IT INCREASE YOUR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE
THEN THE HANGOVER FIUCKS YOU UP

WEARING A HELMET LIMITS YOUR VISION
This is what Oblivion should have been.

Gravedigger 02-12-2018 02:06 PM

I've been playing alot of games that were remastered versions of games that came out a long time ago. However, I didn't play Shadow of the Colossus back in the day on PS2 or PS3, and I could see it being unique and fresh at the time, but I'm just kinda meh on this remaster. I mean you go out, find the colossus, kill it, then get ported back and repeat. There's alot of good in it don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't put it as best of all time material or even my top 10 games of all time just due to the repetition. The ending twist is well done, it's a beautiful game with a gorgeous score at most parts, but I was let down by it a bit. I had more fun playing other titles on the PS2 around that time like Kingdom Hearts, FFX, Onimusha, etc.

oaklandhater 02-12-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13413934)

Too bad it has limted saves.

SuperChief 02-12-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Are you implying Oblivion wasn't good? Because that's crazy talk, brah.

Fishpicker 02-12-2018 09:49 PM

here is a 2-part question for ya'll. who is the greatest video game player of all time & why do you think it is Billy Mitchell?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hWLxh9Yi5Dc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fishpicker 02-12-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

I'm buying this just because the head guy sent SJWs into triggered tizzys. well...that and half-swording

https://edmcdonaldwritingdotcom.file...pg?w=475&h=343

Mephistopheles Janx 02-13-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgTGg1kUQCo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Otter 02-13-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13415607)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgTGg1kUQCo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That guy on the drawbridge has wicked reach on his jumping front kick. :D

bigjosh 02-13-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 13408032)
I'm stuck on trying to find the memories from the camera. I've randomly happened on a few of them, but I'm clueless how to systematically track them down.

There is a dude painting in every town you go to. Talk to him and he can tell you how to track down nearby memories.

RINGLEADER 02-13-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 13414688)
here is a 2-part question for ya'll. who is the greatest video game player of all time & why do you think it is Billy Mitchell?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hWLxh9Yi5Dc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crabgrass.

Sofa King 02-13-2018 10:30 PM

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn. Really enjoyed it. Ending was a bit of a letdown but the game was top notch.

Mother****erJones 02-13-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13414254)
Are you implying Oblivion wasn't good? Because that's crazy talk, brah.

I had a blast with Oblivion

SAUTO 02-18-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

All of this

Fish 02-19-2018 12:18 AM

Yo, FYI.... special promo price for the next 12 hours. 60% off both....

Far Cry 3: $7.99

Far Cry 4: $11.99

New World Order 02-19-2018 02:49 AM

Redbox has some games on sale for cheap:

Mafia 3 (May be Xbox only. It's what shows up in my area) 5 bucks

MLB The Show 17. 5 bucks

Resident Evil 7. 10 bucks

Everybody's Golf. 10 bucks

Knack 2. 10 bucks

Swanman 02-20-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13424613)
Redbox has some games on sale for cheap:

Mafia 3 (May be Xbox only. It's what shows up in my area) 5 bucks

MLB The Show 17. 5 bucks

Resident Evil 7. 10 bucks

Everybody's Golf. 10 bucks

Knack 2. 10 bucks

I got Rise of Tomb Raider for 10 bucks and Dishonored 2 for 10 bucks. They also had Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 for 10 bucks. It's also a good place to buy really cheap blu-rays. I got like 6 movies for 25 bucks total.

Fish 03-16-2018 02:37 PM

Can somebody explain what's so fun about Fortnite? I've watched some videos, and it just looks completely uninteresting to me. What am I missing?

Gravedigger 03-16-2018 02:57 PM

Don't look at me, I grew tired of PUBG after about a month, and that game is a colorful ripoff of PUBG with some added building mechanics.

kcxiv 03-16-2018 03:11 PM

I cant get into fortnite. ive tried, the first 5 min after landing is fun, but the building meta at the end i'm not a fan of.

Its just very casual friendly. Hitscan and bloom shooting mechanics suck as well.

Sassy Squatch 03-16-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13473304)
Can somebody explain what's so fun about Fortnite? I've watched some videos, and it just looks completely uninteresting to me. What am I missing?

Looks like a pretty fun sandbox shooter, and its free.

BigBeauford 03-21-2018 07:37 PM

Anyone play the Division on PC?

bigjosh 03-29-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13473304)

That game is ****ing terrible. You "parachute" in to the map, and by the time you get down to the map in any given location you are already being ****ing shot at. I have no clue how everyone else gets down to the ground so ****ing fast. They give you a ****ing pickaxe to start and there is no way to build any strategy or learn how to play for a new player, they just toss you into shit.

kcxiv 03-30-2018 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13495790)
That game is ****ing terrible. You "parachute" in to the map, and by the time you get down to the map in any given location you are already being ****ing shot at. I have no clue how everyone else gets down to the ground so ****ing fast. They give you a ****ing pickaxe to start and there is no way to build any strategy or learn how to play for a new player, they just toss you into shit.

welcoem to battle royales the more popular game mode in the world right now. Everyone learned the same way by getting shit on for a little bit. lol

Jerm 03-30-2018 08:21 AM

PUBG >> Fortnite....just because it's more realistic and I can't mess with the building aspect of Fortnite.

BTW the XBox 1X is an amazing console....totally in love with it, some of these games look ****ing insane in 4K with HDR.

Chief Pagan 03-30-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13495800)
welcoem to battle royales the more popular game mode in the world right now. Everyone learned the same way by getting shit on for a little bit. lol

So I tried this game for a little while because my co-workers got into it.

If you are in the top 10% or 20% of players, I can see how it might be fun.

Half of the players, like me, are below average. Even if I went through the tedious learning curve of spend 5 minutes scrounging for weapons and then die in the first combat without learning much about how that weapon works. I just don't see how this game is ever going to be enjoyable. In a 4 on 4, or 8 on 8 Halo style game, I will sometimes be on a winning team especially if the game type is ranked. But as far as I can tell, the bottom half of players will always be in the "getting shit on" category.

Each to their own.

New World Order 03-30-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13495957)
PUBG >> Fortnite....just because it's more realistic and I can't mess with the building aspect of Fortnite.

BTW the XBox 1X is an amazing console....totally in love with it, some of these games look ****ing insane in 4K with HDR.

Ever play duos in pubg?

Add me: Tsaunders 2x2

Fish 03-30-2018 08:56 PM

Who's bought Far Cry 5? Worth it?

hometeam 03-30-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13496600)
Ever play duos in pubg?

Add me: Tsaunders 2x2

you should be in our discord, we play every night almost, always looking for duos, alternates, etc.

DJJasonp 03-30-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13496938)

I bought it yesterday and got through the opening scene/checkpoint.

It was pretty damn good for that first 20-30 minutes.

Graphics are really good (running PS4 Pro and 4K).

It's early - but I think I'll be hooked.

I'm somewhat knee-deep in Bloodborne right now, so I've got two huge time-wasters on my plate at the moment.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03-30-2018 10:35 PM

Bloodborne was a blast. ^^^ I still go back and play it every once in awhile.

I’ve had the strong urge to go back through Fallout 4 recently. Didn’t get to spend a lot of time with it when it first came out due to classes. Is the DLC worth it?

kcxiv 03-30-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13496579)
So I tried this game for a little while because my co-workers got into it.

If you are in the top 10% or 20% of players, I can see how it might be fun.

Half of the players, like me, are below average. Even if I went through the tedious learning curve of spend 5 minutes scrounging for weapons and then die in the first combat without learning much about how that weapon works. I just don't see how this game is ever going to be enjoyable. In a 4 on 4, or 8 on 8 Halo style game, I will sometimes be on a winning team especially if the game type is ranked. But as far as I can tell, the bottom half of players will always be in the "getting shit on" category.

Each to their own.

aits all about playing and getting better ,not everyone other then pro's start off just good. it takes a bit of learning. Im average at best, but i still have fun, im pushing about 700 hours in PUBG i have a few solo wins a few more duo wins and a ****ton more squad wins.

Cant take it too serious, just play to learn and get better it will happen.,

007 03-30-2018 11:11 PM

Just got the kids a Nintendo Switch. Other than Zelda and the two Mario titles, any really worthwhile games on that console we should look at?

New World Order 03-30-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 13496942)
you should be in our discord, we play every night almost, always looking for duos, alternates, etc.

Show me the way.

I don't play a lot of m/k gaming just to warn you. I ain't that great.

Beef Supreme 03-31-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13496981)
Bloodborne was a blast. ^^^ I still go back and play it every once in awhile.

I’ve had the strong urge to go back through Fallout 4 recently. Didn’t get to spend a lot of time with it when it first came out due to classes. Is the DLC worth it?

The far harbor dlc is probably the best of the bunch. The robot one is cool, but kinda short. But it gives you the ability to build cool robot companions and upgrade the **** out of codsworth. I didn't get through the nuka world dlc. By the time it came out i was pretty done with the game. I think the rest of them just give you more workshop shit.

kcxiv 03-31-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13497003)
Just got the kids a Nintendo Switch. Other than Zelda and the two Mario titles, any really worthwhile games on that console we should look at?

splatoon, rocket league, Arms, Stardew Valley

In58men 03-31-2018 01:21 PM

Seen this on Reddit. Notice how every console matches up with the tv at that particular time period. Would love to have all this lol.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d7dde15fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imon Yourside 04-01-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 13482398)
Anyone play the Division on PC?

I was until i got all the exotics/classifieds i wanted. The devteam is horrible as it takes them 4 months to push out a drop increase patch. I'm playing destiny 2 and Fortnite Save the world right now for my grindfest. :D

Imon Yourside 04-01-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13496938)

Looks very similar to Wildlands to me, love it for a few hours then realize it's the same thing over and over and quit and never touch it again sadly.

This game looks like fun....

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sn74pJvo1qI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigBeauford 04-02-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13497039)
splatoon, rocket league, Arms, Stardew Valley

and Enter the Gungeon.

Fishpicker 04-04-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13497416)
Seen this on Reddit. Notice how every console matches up with the tv at that particular time period. Would love to have all this lol.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d7dde15fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buy a Vectrex (the console in the monitor) and emulate the rest

New World Order 04-25-2018 12:09 PM

I've been playing PC lately after playing console games.

I will never, ever go back to console (unless it's for Madden)

BleedingRed 04-25-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13530476)
I've been playing PC lately after playing console games.

I will never, ever go back to console (unless it's for Madden)

https://media.giphy.com/media/yyvSeRGVj4C64/200.gif

Frazod 04-25-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

I'll probably give this a look at some point. Many of the reviews said it was really buggy, and I want to give them a chance to work some of that out.

In the meantime, I'm back playing Skyrim for the umpteenth time.

oaklandhater 04-25-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13499334)
Looks very similar to Wildlands to me, love it for a few hours then realize it's the same thing over and over and quit and never touch it again sadly.

This game looks like fun....

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sn74pJvo1qI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deep rock is the shit been playing it with my roomies.

Nothing like minecraft it's more like left 4 dead.