ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Free fashion advice for the style-challenged male. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=195919)

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:37 PM

Do the Amish have a website?? LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Just joking.

vailpass 10-11-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007219)
Apparently you live in a region with a lot of shitty, judgmental people.

You have no idea. The sharks swim deep here but are easily separated. Still, you want face ass tits pussy it's best to come prepared.

vailpass 10-11-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11007225)
I agree - it's critical to look original yet 'assembled' properly - I go out of my way to focus on little things that DO MATTER, whether it's grooming - communicating w/ your barber or if you're talking just raw apparel.

Be strong or be wrong...

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:47 PM

ignore the back drop and bullshit lettering - but I bought this vest at TJ Maxx of all places - but it was still $134.99 -- now that Lacoste is priced a little ridiculous admittedly so. But that vest is dope and I had to have it. But $134.99 at TJ Maxx - the tag said $335 or something crazy - it is Down though. so...

http://i.imgur.com/2Udp2fU.jpg

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:48 PM

that picture doesn't do it justice - I'll try to get you a pic tomorrow of mine, as it's nicer looking than that picture represents.

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:49 PM

Lacoste - though they have some decent polo style knits in solids. they should NOT be priced the same as Hugo Boss - sorry that's a crock.

vailpass 10-11-2014 10:51 PM

Vailpass won't let me send a picture, says it will turn out bad. Have his phone while he's pissing. Hate the guy being negative.

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11007267)
Vailpass won't let me send a picture, says it will turn out bad. Have his phone while he's pissing. Hate the guy being negative.

http://i.imgur.com/ZTs1c3E.gif

Hammock Parties 10-11-2014 10:53 PM

I'm heading to Wal Mart in the morning, hope i score some deals!

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007270)

For what?

Hammock Parties 10-11-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11007271)
For what?

Just trolling. Looking for a weight bench and some free weights maybe. The prices at Dick's Sporting Goods are insane.

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007270)

I never go there, hardly - but I did procure my pull-up bar there and it's swell.

Simply Red 10-11-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007272)
Just trolling. Looking for a weight bench and some free weights maybe. The prices at Dick's Sporting Goods are insane.

yes. Dick's is expensive as can be. Look on CL too for weights and benchs etc..

ghak99 10-11-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11007236)
Do the Amish have a website?? LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Just joking.

Some of the groups in Ohio, Pennsylvania, & New York probably do as they tap into the more urban markets and rape face with their "all natural" food and "hand crafted" products. I know some of them also run their goods through a "broker", basically someone with internet access, and they end up on Ebay and other outlets.

The group near me barely has phones and are basically locked down like a cult if you're not "one of them".

Simply Red 10-11-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 11007279)
Some of the groups in Ohio, Pennsylvania, & New York probably do as they tap into the more urban markets and rape face with their "all natural" food and "hand crafted" products. I know some of them also run their goods through a "broker", basically someone with internet access, and they end up on Ebay and other outlets.

The group near me barely has phones and are basically locked down like a cult if you're not "one of them".

I've eaten at Mennonite's bakery before in Pleasant Hill Mo, outstanding pies.

Simply Red 10-11-2014 11:04 PM

I'm going to bed ya'll - If any of you have any fashion questions, leave them here and I'll mow them down in the morning.

vailpass 10-11-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11007269)

Just another dime from Hi-Fi. Got shit i straight now. Night all...

Simply Red 10-12-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11007308)
Just another dime from Hi-Fi. Got shit i straight now. Night all...

I have no idea what this means.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007272)

The Walmart here had very little actual plates and the dumbbells only go up to 40#'s or so - so it's hard there - did you check CL/KC?

NewChief 10-12-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11007134)
If you could find an Amish group willing to make me a belt that looked like that - I guarantee him a purchase by me.

Two different really high quality leather makers I know:

Brandon Weiss: http://www.bweissleather.com/
Clayton Chamberlain: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmericanNative

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11007487)
Two different really high quality leather makers I know:

Brandon Weiss: http://www.bweissleather.com/
Clayton Chamberlain: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmericanNative

Yeah $75 per belt - so my paying $93 or whatever was way out of line and off target Clay? Got it.... Stick to your Faded Glory belt that was 11.99 that will need replacing in a Month.

Those are nice products by the way NC - my only gripe is the color of the leather offered on their belts, too light for my tastes.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11007458)
The Walmart here had very little actual plates and the dumbbells only go up to 40#'s or so - so it's hard there - did you check CL/KC?

I ended up going to Wal Mart last night. Got a bench for $50, which is about as cheap as they come.

Found a deal on dumbbells at Play It Again Sports. $0.69 a pound. Will get some tomorrow.

Baby Lee 10-12-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007798)
I ended up going to Wal Mart last night. Got a bench for $50, which is about as cheap as they come.

Found a deal on dumbbells at Play It Again Sports. $0.69 a pound. Will get some tomorrow.

Ha!! Got my iron and bench/apparatus both at Dick's on a post-X-mas sale.

Iron was $.40@lb for the big stuff and $.45 for the 5-10#ers. Picked up 350# in all.

Apparatus [don't know what exactly to call it], bench/incline on one side and squat cage on the other, was 50% off closeout. Think it came to $175-190 range. But it is much more substantial than a 'weight bench'

Hammock Parties 10-12-2014 11:42 AM

Shit, 0.40/lb is cheap at Dick's. Everything there is $1/lb right now.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11007798)

REAAALLY? well I never saw a bench at the location I was at - that's cool man.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:32 PM

Okay - Normally I don't buy from China - Even with the business I own, but this seller on ebay has a nice assortment of fairly decent quality thin, muscle cut (true to size) flannel shirts, I'll drop the link and include which color numbers I procured.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:34 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121290051712...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got #3 a long time ago and after washing it's pretty darned good - don't dry these - just lay flat dry.

Anyhow - tonight I bought #2 #8 and #12 -- like I said if you like any and decide to buy - let me know and I'll help you with sizing - but if you're not a mouth-breathing moron you should be able to figure it out - like I said they're "true to size."

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:35 PM

somewhat of a correction...

Sorry - YES - DO dry - BUT only the first time - after that - flat dry - but tumbling the first go around will establish a nice texture.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:37 PM

$16.79 per - after shipping.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2014 07:38 PM

I'd look like a great big stud of a lumberjack in those.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11009378)

they're very nice looking though - for the money. I like them - but I wear a lot of coat vests - like that Lacoste I posted yesterday, so they work well w/ those.

LoneWolf 10-12-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11009368)

I got #3 a long time ago and after washing it's pretty darned good - don't dry these - just lay flat dry.

Anyhow - tonight I bought #2 #8 and #12 -- like I said if you like any and decide to buy - let me know and I'll help you with sizing - but if you're not a mouth-breathing moron you should be able to figure it out - like I said they're "true to size."

Just ordered a #3, #6, and #11. Thanks for the link.

SAUTO 10-12-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11007228)
Not that I can make or break him but if he wants a customer with a couple contacts drop me a pm with his contract info..

That's probably the issue.

Everyone like that around here share a phone and you have a ten minute span everyday to contact them. Otherwise just drive to them.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11009383)

YW - yeah six is nice - they're a little stiff when they arrive LoneWolf - but they wash up well - I wear them rolled up - and when you think you have them rolled up enough - just at the elbow - go ahead and do one more roll over. They're nice to sport, rolled sort of high.

You'll love #3 - but wash them first - like I said DRY THE FIRST TIME - but after that - just flat or hanger dry. Enjoy. That seller has some weird shit - but not shocking from the Chinese.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11009383)

be somewhat patient it may take about ten biz days to get there - because of the customs crap - but they'll arrive - I assure ya ;)

LoneWolf 10-12-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11009403)
be somewhat patient it may take about ten biz days to get there - because of the customs crap - but they'll arrive - I assure ya ;)

Will they look OK after I cut the sleeves off so I can Git er Done? JK :evil:

I wear flannel shirts sometimes on casual Fridays. I've been looking for some with a better fit so I don't look like a hobo at work.

lewdog 10-12-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11009368)

I like the look of those. Any idea how the sizes actually are? It's tough for me being a Manlet to find something that isn't super long but still fits my shoulders. Those looks pretty slim.

vailpass 10-12-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11009378)

:) go girl!

cdcox 10-12-2014 08:03 PM

I like the way flannel shirts feel and used to wear them all the time for casual wear. Now I mostly wear them around the house. If I were to wear them out in public now, I'd be afraid I'd be communicating that:

1) I am a farmer (closest t0 the way I wear flannel shirts).
2) I am a grunge rocker from the '90s
3) I'm hipster

I wore a flannel shirt to the movies today, but I also didn't shower. I don't think I would wear flannel to a place where people were going to form an impression of me. YMMV.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11009437)
I like the look of those. Any idea how the sizes actually are? It's tough for me being a Manlet to find something that isn't super long but still fits my shoulders. Those looks pretty slim.

they're dead on true to size - they don't run big nor small - if you normally wear a L (In your case) with your shoulders you may want to consider an XL - but I don't really know how big you are, but if you like them somewhat fitted - stay Large Lew.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11009459)
I like the way flannel shirts feel and used to wear them all the time for casual wear. Now I mostly wear them around the house. If I were to wear them out in public now, I'd be afraid I'd be communicating that:

1) I am a farmer (closest t0 the way I wear flannel shirts).
2) I am a grunge rocker from the '90s
3) I'm hipster

I wore a flannel shirt to the movies today, but I also didn't shower. I don't think I would wear flannel to a place where people were going to form an impression of me. YMMV.

well - they're VERY 'in style' right now.

headsnap 10-12-2014 09:00 PM

just ordered a #11.

lewdog 10-12-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11009474)
they're dead on true to size - they don't run big nor small - if you normally wear a L (In you case) with your shoulders you may want to consider an XL - but I don't really know how big you are, but if you like them somewhat fitted - stay Large Lew.

Normally a large T-Shirt works for me.

Any way to get these other than China?! LMAO

lcarus 10-12-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10519139)
My dad and grandpa give me shit every time they see me. ESPECIALLY my grandpa. I have thick brown hair that's slightly wavy. It looks pretty bad right now, I'm not gonna lie. Some days are ok. I'm so close to being able to tie it back. I think I'm just gonna pass on the trim and let it go. Shit would probably grow a lot faster if I drank water like humans are supposed to and ate good fruits and vegetables.

How far I have come since March. Shit's down to my shoulders now ha

lewdog 10-12-2014 09:10 PM

Going through sellers other items. I am gonna guess SR got a pair of these for those nights with the ladies!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNj...TqPMg/$_57.JPG

lcarus 10-12-2014 09:11 PM

Jesus tapdancing christ.....I don't even....

Perineum Ripper 10-12-2014 09:26 PM

Damn I must be way out of style..I wear Carhart, Wrangler, and Hanes shirts for work..Carhart, Wrangler, Under Armour, shirts and BKE jeans for dress..and Justin boots all the time

lcarus 10-12-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 11009866)
Damn I must be way out of style..I wear Carhart, Wrangler, and Hanes shirts for work..Carhart, Wrangler, Under Armour, shirts and BKE jeans for dress..and Justin boots all the time

Shit I'm a t-shirt and jeans dude too. And whatever cheap $40 Nikes I can get at Shoe Carnival. If I ever have to dress up for anything I'm pretty effed.

lewdog 10-12-2014 09:33 PM

When I get time in the next few days I am gonna pick SR's mind on some things. I think I'll pass on those shirts in that link, only because I live in Phoenix and I would maybe where those 3 months of the year. And I rarely wear pants here and those won't work with shorts.

Simply Red 10-12-2014 11:20 PM

yeah dude - not only gay stuff - other just outright weird items this seller has, LMAO

But yeah - that's what sucks living in Az - yeah I wouldn't get one if I lived there - we still get somewhat a Winter here in Atlanta.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 12:20 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111451697034

Just bought all four colors. Very reasonable - In a few weeks I'll touch back and let you know if the quality is fair.

I love the looks of those.

LoneWolf 10-13-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11009903)
And I rarely wear pants here

I think I'll skip coming down for Spring Training.

lewdog 10-13-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11010331)
I think I'll skip coming down for Spring Training.

ROFL

Really though I'd love to get a big group of CPers here for Spring Training. It's an awesome time to be that close to everything.

lewdog 10-13-2014 08:30 PM

Ok SR, here are some things I need ironed out. I wear a lot of t-shirts. And not just T-shirts but sports T-shirts. I'm a full grown adult but besides plain ass v-necks and gay affliction shit, what could I try instead to look like I'm not in college still?! I don't wear long sleeves down here and as I said, rare that I wear pants, mostly shorts all year. And pretty much just plaid and cargo shorts. I need more of those as well.

Any thoughts on shorts or shirts, that aren't long sleeve but fit what I am looking for to look like an adult? Like comfortable but casual without looking sloppy.

Reaper16 10-13-2014 08:32 PM

I've been really into clothing from Uniqlo lately, because I have the build of a Japanese teenager. I picked up a great slim-cut grey tweed blazer the other day, and this amazing lime-green ultra light down coat: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men...a-light-down/|

cdcox 10-13-2014 08:35 PM

Personally I don't get the return of the stay-puft-marshmallow-man look.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11012183)
Ok SR, here are some things I need ironed out. I wear a lot of t-shirts. And not just T-shirts but sports T-shirts. I'm a full grown adult but besides plain ass v-necks and gay affliction shit, what could I try instead to look like I'm not in college still?! I don't wear long sleeves down here and as I said, rare that I wear pants, mostly shorts all year. And pretty much just plaid and cargo shorts. I need more of those as well.

Any thoughts on shorts or shirts, that aren't long sleeve but fit what I am looking for to look like an adult? Like comfortable but casual without looking sloppy.

Sure thing - I'll tell you though - fit and softness are critical when I buy tee's

Simply Red 10-13-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11012183)

Here is one I bought for the beach - it's sort of douchey - but pretty dope too - so it'd work w/ a red ball cap and my hugo boss sunglasses - I'm sure plenty of you will hate this - and I get that.

http://i.imgur.com/RdQLq17.jpg

It's a tri blend - meaning Cotton+Poly+Rayon - this one I bought on Ebay and it's circa 1980 - Let me share some more - give me a few...

_________________________________________-

lewdog 10-13-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11012230)
Here is one I bought for the beach - it's sort of douchey - but pretty dope too - so it'd work w/ a red ball cap and my hugo boss sunglasses - I'm sure plenty of you will hate this - and I get that.

It's a tri blend - meaning Cotton+Poly+Rayon - this one I bought on Ebay and it's circa 1980 - Let me share some more - give me a few...

I only show the guns when I am at the gym. Sorry brah.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 08:46 PM

pure vintage for badass fit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171471866330...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Simply Red 10-13-2014 08:47 PM

another

Simply Red 10-13-2014 08:51 PM

Lew I may be boring in sharing my tee tastes - they're plain, bro.

Any others - oh shorts?

I can get you some pics of my shorts - again - I like a thinner short - that's critical w/ me. If you can find a thinner carpenter style ( i just mean w/ the side pockets ) that's dope.

Also - I found a pair of Alfani at macy's YEARS ago that are my all time favorites and they're a really weird Safari Camo print - very uncommon and great fit.

I don't mind white shorts either - they're good and versatile. You will really need to get lucky somewhat (being in the right place vs right time) while shopping - still some luck involved. If you give me an idea of what you're thinking about - perhaps I can expand on it Lew.

lewdog 10-13-2014 09:12 PM

I can't expand because I really don't know what I expect you to say. ROFL

I just would like something other than T-shirts all the time. Any comfy short sleeve button downs? I'll rock polos now and then too but sometimes they feel weird with some of my shorts.

I've got very little style.

ThaVirus 10-13-2014 09:17 PM

You know what? I'm commandeering this thread.

SR is obviously in love and incapable of making informed decisions. From henceforth, direct all fashion inquiries to me.

Thanks in advance.

lewdog 10-13-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11012308)
You know what? I'm commandeering this thread.

SR is obviously in love and incapable of making informed decisions. From henceforth, direct all fashion inquiries to me.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER MY ABOVE COMMENTS, BITCH!

Delano 10-13-2014 09:32 PM

Why don't you just roll up the sleeves of a lightweight flannel?

GordonGekko 10-13-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11012293)
I can't expand because I really don't know what I expect you to say. ROFL

I just would like something other than T-shirts all the time. Any comfy short sleeve button downs? I'll rock polos now and then too but sometimes they feel weird with some of my shorts.

I've got very little style.

Short sleeve henleys can be pretty effective if done correctly, no homo:

http://cdn3.lookastic.com/white-henl...ginal-3166.jpg

Simply Red 10-13-2014 10:27 PM

I will share pics of what I've bought recently - by or before Sunday's game - Remind me if you don't see them by Sat evening. If I'm on I'll allocate time to provide some real examples of what I have purchased w/in the last six mos.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 10:29 PM

Lew what about this garment? http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-RAG...item4addaeaca1

Traditional and simple, yet not ginormous.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 11012334)
Why don't you just roll up the sleeves of a lightweight flannel?

He's in Arizona and prefers shorter sleeves.

Baby Lee 10-13-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11012230)

_________________________________________-

Awesome!! Does it come in 'Fire Island' as well?

Hammock Parties 10-13-2014 10:46 PM

Currently stressing about my attire for tomorrow's date.

Right now thinking thinking black v-neck sweater, sleeves pushed up, dark levi's, black suede dress shoes...sweater tucked into jeans, nice belt.

Would appreciate any advice fom fashion yoda Simply Red.

eDave 10-13-2014 10:50 PM

"sweater tucked into jeans"

If I may, no. With all due respect. Leave that sweater out.

Everything else is class.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11012431)
"sweater tucked into jeans"

If I may, no. With all due respect. Leave that sweater out.

Everything else is class.

It really looks terrible out, trust me. For a slim-waisted guy like me, tucking it in is a big win, as long as you wear a belt.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11012425)
Currently stressing about my attire for tomorrow's date.

Right now thinking thinking black v-neck sweater, sleeves pushed up, dark levi's, black suede dress shoes...sweater tucked into jeans, nice belt.

Would appreciate any advice fom fashion yoda Simply Red.

Yeah don't tuck your sweater or your balls.

Also - did you see the sweater link a page ago? Did you see the burgundy one? that thing is badass - I actually bought all four colors - they're very versatile.

Again, I'll report their quality once I get them here.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 10:56 PM

#1091 - guess it's this page, actually.

Simply Red 10-13-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11012422)
Awesome!! Does it come in 'Fire Island' as well?

Ha, yeah I knew that was coming.

Silock 10-13-2014 11:10 PM

I'm just now reading this thread, but man . . . I am not in with any of these styles.

Titty Meat 10-13-2014 11:13 PM

Ryan what do you recommend for Husky dudes like me?

Hammock Parties 10-13-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 11012460)
Ryan what do you recommend for Husky dudes like me?

Lose weight.

No sense in buying expensive clothes when they won't fit in 6 mo.