ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186121)

lewdog 05-12-2018 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Private barrel pick from the Arizona Bourbon Society. Been trying to make this bottle last. A few members are back at 4 roses buying another barrel to provide us another bottle this year. Fantastic stuff.

Raiderhater 05-12-2018 06:19 PM

Bulleit Barrel Strength tonight.

KCrockaholic 05-12-2018 06:27 PM

Drinking Maker's tonight. Always a good cheap go-to.

Still not better than Buffalo Trace, but it'll do.

Raiderhater 05-12-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13554943)
Drinking Maker's tonight. Always a good cheap go-to.

Still not better than Buffalo Trace, but it'll do.

While Maker’s isn’t overly pricey I certainly do not put it in the cheap category.

Titty Meat 05-12-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13554901)
Private barrel pick from the Arizona Bourbon Society. Been trying to make this bottle last. A few members are back at 4 roses buying another barrel to provide us another bottle this year. Fantastic stuff.

Beautiful display

Titty Meat 05-12-2018 08:07 PM

Drinking Bourbon Bulleit tonight. Must say I've grown to like this. Wasn't a fan my first time trying it grant it the guy who brought it to the Halloween party has us doing shots of it.

KCrockaholic 05-12-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 13555003)
While Maker’s isn’t overly pricey I certainly do not put it in the cheap category.

I got it for $23 at Gomers. I thought it was a solid deal.

kjwood75nro 05-12-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13555021)
Drinking Bourbon Bulleit tonight. Must say I've grown to like this. Wasn't a fan my first time trying it grant it the guy who brought it to the Halloween party has us doing shots of it.

Prices are a bit fluctuated where I am. The few places it's offered, they want it for $60/handle.

I buy from a place that sells it for $40/handle, but that's because it's the owner's dad's favorite.

And try the rye version. Of the other ryes I've tried (Crown, Knob Creek, Pendleton), Bulleit is the best.

Miles 05-12-2018 10:39 PM

Was at at a store yesterday and just happened to ask if they had any Blanton's knowing they very occasionally get it in. Got rewarded with them having one bottle in the back.

Recently went through a bottle of Bookers a little while back. The cask strength is a bit much for harshness up front but it just explodes with flavor after the initial burn.

Miles 05-12-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13489703)
Horst Luening is a trip to watch his reviews but he makes no bones about if he likes or dislikes.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RBVCddNYRRY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He likes

Forgot about this guy and amusing someone else stumbled upon his YouTube reviews. He does good scotch ones.

Titty Meat 05-12-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 13555082)
Prices are a bit fluctuated where I am. The few places it's offered, they want it for $60/handle.

I buy from a place that sells it for $40/handle, but that's because it's the owner's dad's favorite.

And try the rye version. Of the other ryes I've tried (Crown, Knob Creek, Pendleton), Bulleit is the best.

Damn bruh I paid 35

kjwood75nro 05-13-2018 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13555139)
Damn bruh I paid 35

By "handle," I mean 1.75L.

Marcellus 05-21-2018 06:45 PM

Going low carb for a while so sipping some bourbon. Picked up some EC Small batch at Sams Club today.

Its got some burn to it but is still fairly smooth if that makes sense. Definitely has a hot nose.

srvy 05-21-2018 08:07 PM

I like EC the 10 or maybe its 12 YO Im not as fond of the more expensive 15 yo. Good stuff.

Titty Meat 05-21-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13564490)
Going low carb for a while so sipping some bourbon. Picked up some EC Small batch at Sams Club today.

Its got some burn to it but is still fairly smooth if that makes sense. Definitely has a hot nose.

Damn that sounds good. Coach Lee won't let me have any during the week tho.

lewdog 05-21-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13564490)

One of the best bourbons you can buy for $30 and under. It's always on my bar and I always drink it neat. Find a good store pick and it's better than bourbons 2-3x it's price. Great stuff.

lewdog 05-21-2018 09:12 PM

I haven't ventured into Japanese Whisky but I found a deal at Walmart that was too good to pass up.

$21.50 for a bottle. It's normally about $40 at Costco when they carry it or $45-50 at Total Wine.

What a steal and hope I like it. Cracking it this weekend!

https://i.imgur.com/X6Stjd1.jpg

srvy 05-21-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13564673)
I haven't ventured into Japanese Whisky but I found a deal at Walmart that was too good to pass up.

$21.50 for a bottle. It's normally about $40 at Costco when they carry it or $45-50 at Total Wine.

What a steal and hope I like it. Cracking it this weekend!

https://i.imgur.com/X6Stjd1.jpg

I have seen that at Sams and was curious but didnt bite at 40. Another forum I frequent swear by Jap Scotch when they jumped in full force about 20 years ago. I really have no taste for scotch Whisky. But I would try Jap Whiskey Ill look forward to your thoughts.

Indian Chief 05-21-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13564673)

If you find that you like it, let me know. I've got a few suggestions for Japanese whiskey you might want to check out.

bowener 05-22-2018 12:19 PM

I had EH Taylor Barrel Proof the other night. I can't think of any other bourbon now. I need to find a bottle, but $100+ is pushing it for me.

lewdog 05-22-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13564693)
I have seen that at Sams and was curious but didnt bite at 40. Another forum I frequent swear by Jap Scotch when they jumped in full force about 20 years ago. I really have no taste for scotch Whisky. But I would try Jap Whiskey Ill look forward to your thoughts.

I am mostly a bourbon guy but this was too good to pass up. Supposedly lighter and more floral than bourbon.

Cracking Saturday and I'll let you know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13564742)
If you find that you like it, let me know. I've got a few suggestions for Japanese whiskey you might want to check out.

Oh I know there are quite a few others with decent age statements. Expensive too! Did you hear this though..........

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgek.../#783839eb3f0c

Marcellus 05-22-2018 07:30 PM

I cant remember exactly what Japanese Whiskey I liked but I am fairly sure it was this.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg

lewdog 05-22-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13565812)
I cant remember exactly what Japanese Whiskey I liked but I am fairly sure it was this.

Just googled some stuff. Love the color on that!

Yamazaki Reserve Bottling Note
Released in Spring 2014, this is one of two Distiller's Reserve single malt whiskies from Suntory in Japan. This single malt from the Yamazaki distillery is jam-packed with superb red berry notes, gained from the whisky being matured in Bordeaux wine casks and Sherry casks. It also features malt matured in Mizunara casks, adding subtle fragrant oak notes.

Titty Meat 05-22-2018 09:14 PM

The Likes Liquor on Wornall is selling some kind of Blantons. Apparently it's a big deal.

Indian Chief 05-22-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13565804)
Oh I know there are quite a few others with decent age statements. Expensive too! Did you hear this though..........

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgek.../#783839eb3f0c

That's a shame. Unfortunately all the hipsters are ruining whiskey and now all we have are NAS.

JohnnyHammersticks 05-23-2018 09:22 AM

If any of you bourbon aficionados are ever in Phoenix, go to Bourbon & Bones restaurant in Scottsdale. 400+ bourbons and whiskeys. Tasted my first Pappy Van Winkle while down there for a golf trip a couple months ago. They had 3 Pappys, one for $200/glass, one for $300, and one for $400. I had the $200, and it's worth the hype. Best I ever tasted. Can't even imagine what the $400 glass tasted like.

Indian Chief 05-23-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13566261)
I had the $200, and it's worth the hype.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d42...itemid=4342769

KC Dan 05-23-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13565812)

I bring a couple of bottles of this back at least twice a year from Japan. Since I am traveling for work, it kinda works out. Love the stuff, much more than their 18 yr Hibiki. Only have a half bottle left currently...

srvy 05-23-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13566261)
If any of you bourbon aficionados are ever in Phoenix, go to Bourbon & Bones restaurant in Scottsdale. 400+ bourbons and whiskeys. Tasted my first Pappy Van Winkle while down there for a golf trip a couple months ago. They had 3 Pappys, one for $200/glass, one for $300, and one for $400. I had the $200, and it's worth the hype. Best I ever tasted. Can't even imagine what the $400 glass tasted like.

Its good but not 200.00 a glass good. I tried the Pappy's 20 yo at a project completion celebration. I expected to be floored knock your socks off good but it didn't deliver for me. I wouldn't turn it away but I haven't craved a bottle either. We all nose and taste differently though.

O.city 05-23-2018 05:37 PM

Any of you guys tried the Woodford Reserve Masters collection? They do a new one each year.

I've got the Brandy cask finished one and this years Cherry wood smoked Barley. They're pretty good.

lewdog 05-26-2018 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First foray into Japanese Whisky. Proper American glassware used. America, **** yeah!

Very citrus on the nose. Citrus and light floral taste. Decent. Something different. Would drink again.

Indian Chief 05-26-2018 10:52 PM

Dear lord, that is a 'Murica glass if I've ever seen one!

Mother****erJones 05-27-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13570715)
First foray into Japanese Whisky. Proper American glassware used. America, **** yeah!

Very citrus on the nose. Citrus and light floral taste. Decent. Something different. Would drink again.

Had some here in Charleston for the Bacon and Bourbon event back in February. Delicious

Side note: picked up my dogs ashes Thursday. So, I had a glass of Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve in celebration of her life. Stuff is delicious and smooth

Titty Meat 05-27-2018 08:39 AM

For all you posters in KC I've just discovered Lukas Liquors and holy shit not only is it huge but they easily have the best prices in KC. I got Makers 46 with 2 glasses for 27 bucks. That stuff is going for $40 at Royal liquors.

srvy 05-27-2018 09:44 AM

Wish they would put a Lukas up North. For prices and fairly good selection dont laugh Riverside Red X Liquors.

Titty Meat 06-01-2018 06:33 PM

I'm on a budget this week so I purchased Wild Turkey 101.

lewdog 06-01-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13578396)
I'm on a budget this week so I purchased Wild Turkey 101.

No complaints here. I’d still come over. It’s good stuff.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-01-2018 06:57 PM

Having a Beam and water tonight. First drink in a month. Finally got the wife to where I can take a break.

lewdog 06-01-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13578425)
Having a Beam and water tonight. First drink in a month. Finally got the wife to where I can take a break.

You deserve it.

Cheers!

O.city 06-01-2018 09:56 PM

I had 3 vespEr martinis at dinner. It got away from me a bit

Miles 06-01-2018 10:41 PM

This thread is making me dive into my bottle of Blantons which is quite a rarity around Texas.

Very interested in the Japanese whiskey Lew has and have heard things about.

lewdog 06-02-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13578642)
This thread is making me dive into my bottle of Blantons which is quite a rarity around Texas.

Very interested in the Japanese whiskey Lew has and have heard things about.

Rarity around here too. I have to wait for a tip from bourbon friends in order to snag one. Kind of sad.

It's a decent and different taste than American bourbon/whiskey. It's a good change and for the price, worth it. Not sure I'd pay $50 for it though. Lacks complexity of higher aged American bourbons and the finish is lacking. It's definitely decent and a bit refreshing in this desert heat. I'll be having some shortly in the pool.

Titty Meat 06-02-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13578409)
No complaints here. I’d still come over. It’s good stuff.

Ya had it last night for my friends birthday. I'm still paying for it tonight got damn.

GloryDayz 06-02-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13570715)

Well, it's not December 7th!

Enjoy brother...

A8bil 06-03-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13579427)
Well, it's not December 7th!

Enjoy brother...

Japanese whisky's are malts so they are patterned after Scotch Whisky, which is going to be a lighter taste unless heavily peated or influenced by aging in sherry or other treated casks. Some of the Japanese whiskys are just amazing-Hibiki, Hakashu, Nikka, Yamazaki...all make some great whiskies. We used to buy bottles of 16 year Nikka Yoishi for $60...now they're $700+. Whiskies are popping up all over the world and some are great. Amrut and Paul John out of India are really good. Mackmyra and the ultra rare Ven out of Sweden are also really good. In fact, I was just in Copenhagen and tried a limited run Mackmyra finished in Bourbon barrels...fantastic. Even my daughter was drinking it neat.

Miles 06-14-2018 10:21 PM

I’m completely late on realizing how hard some of this stuff is to get now. Even regular ass Buffalo Trace can’t be found around me. Went to one of the largest and best supplier liquor stores in Dallas and stood confused of where it was. Looked on their website and the other big supplier and nope.

Luckily was in Nashville on business for a day earlier this week and managed to snag a handle of Eagle Rare to throw in my luggage.

SuperBowl4 06-14-2018 10:30 PM

JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY

KCUnited 06-19-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13593696)
I’m completely late on realizing how hard some of this stuff is to get now. Even regular ass Buffalo Trace can’t be found around me. Went to one of the largest and best supplier liquor stores in Dallas and stood confused of where it was. Looked on their website and the other big supplier and nope.

Luckily was in Nashville on business for a day earlier this week and managed to snag a handle of Eagle Rare to throw in my luggage.

I did something similar while in KC last week. Weller SR flies off the shelf here, but I saw it in KC for $20 and brought it back with me. I really enjoyed the glass I had over the weekend and can kind of see why it flies off the shelf here. Really good for $20, plus 3 million shitlords living on top of each other.

Can anyone recommend comparable tasting bourbons in that price range?

srvy 06-19-2018 04:13 PM

Weller Old Antique, Weller 12 yo or Special Reserve?

Maybe Larceny, Russel's Reserve 10yo and Evan Williams single barrel vintage.

lewdog 06-19-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13599032)
I did something similar while in KC last week. Weller SR flies off the shelf here, but I saw it in KC for $20 and brought it back with me. I really enjoyed the glass I had over the weekend and can kind of see why it flies off the shelf here. Really good for $20, plus 3 million shitlords living on top of each other.

Can anyone recommend comparable tasting bourbons in that price range?

Closest I say is Henry McKenna 10 year ($25).

Others that are great in that price range:
Elijah Craig, Larceny, Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel if you can find 2006 or earlier, Russel's Reserve 10 year, 1792. 4 roses single barrel if willing to spend $40. I love Old Well Antique a ton but it's about $40-45.

Really nothing is even close to Special Reserve at that price range though.

KCUnited 06-19-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13599073)
Closest I say is Henry McKenna 10 year ($25).

Others that are great in that price range:
Elijah Craig, Larceny, Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel if you can find 2006 or earlier, Russel's Reserve 10 year, 1792. 4 roses single barrel if willing to spend $40. I love Old Well Antique a ton but it's about $40-45.

Really nothing is even close to Special Reserve at that price range though.

Cool, thanks. I've seen Henry McKenna 10 yr around and many of those others.

I'd have to luck into a bottle of Antique around here.

lewdog 06-19-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13599083)
Cool, thanks. I've seen Henry McKenna 10 yr around and many of those others.

I'd have to luck into a bottle of Antique around here.

Shit. Old Weller was on my list of looking for you.

KCUnited 06-19-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13599099)
Shit. Old Weller was on my list of looking for you.

I can always ask. I follow a couple local places near me on Twitter for specific beer drops and saw one that had just got some Antique bottles. I was up there 30 minutes after the tweet and they'd been cleaned out. I work from home and use it to my advantage for mid-afternoon beer drops, but Bourbon Guy is on a different level.

NYChiefsFan59 06-20-2018 06:29 AM

I got some of this last year good stuff!

Widow Jane 10 Yr Straight Bourbon Whiskey

As great whiskey distillers throughout the world — from Kentucky to Scotland — have long known, it takes sweet water from tough rock to make great whiskey. And, that’s what Widow Jane Whiskey is all about.

This 10 year whiskey is aged to perfection. It drinks like a 20 year bourbon with its deep cherry notes and light tannic finish.

Aroma: Butter, Cream, Toffee
Front: Cherry Wood, Olive Oil
Mid: Orange
Finish: Burnt Orange and Spice
After Glow: Light tannic fuzz

lewdog 06-20-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYChiefsFan59 (Post 13599598)
I got some of this last year good stuff!

Widow Jane 10 Yr Straight Bourbon Whiskey

As great whiskey distillers throughout the world — from Kentucky to Scotland — have long known, it takes sweet water from tough rock to make great whiskey. And, that’s what Widow Jane Whiskey is all about.

This 10 year whiskey is aged to perfection. It drinks like a 20 year bourbon with its deep cherry notes and light tannic finish.

Aroma: Butter, Cream, Toffee
Front: Cherry Wood, Olive Oil
Mid: Orange
Finish: Burnt Orange and Spice
After Glow: Light tannic fuzz

A sourced bourbon for $75 that’s 91 proof? Count. Me. Out.

http://breakingbourbon.com/widow-jan...r-bourbon.html

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/.../#.WypQYBZlCEc

TRR 06-20-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13593701)
JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY

If you haven’t tried it, give the Jameson Black Barrel a try. Very hard to beat for the $35 or so dollar price tag it carries.

You all won’t regret that purchase.

lewdog 06-22-2018 08:50 PM

God no. ****ing nightmare.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Rep...486268611.html

KCUnited 06-23-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13603026)

Horrific.

How does something like this impact the availability of 1792 bottles in the near future?

SuperBowl4 06-23-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Who's responsible for this? Termites? Probably getting drunk again on fermented wood.

lewdog 06-23-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13603155)
Horrific.

How does something like this impact the availability of 1792 bottles in the near future?

Not sure. Depends how many are permanently damaged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13603163)
Who's responsible for this? Termites? Probably getting drunk again on fermented wood.

Nope. Clearly terrorits.

O.city 06-23-2018 09:43 AM

Woodford reserve malt liquor bourbon hit Springfield recently. Picked up a bottle gonna give it a try.

Anyone tried ?

srvy 06-23-2018 02:05 PM

I was out early to pick out a bottle could find none of what I had on my list. This Basil Hayden dark rye caught my interest at 33 bucks. Will crack it open tonight how ever reading its a blend we will see I do like a rye.

https://www.alcoholprofessor.com/wp-...ifestyle-1.jpg

gblowfish 06-23-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Do we know what kind of bourbon this is? What brand?

KCTitus 06-23-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 13599913)
If you haven’t tried it, give the Jameson Black Barrel a try. Very hard to beat for the $35 or so dollar price tag it carries.

You all won’t regret that purchase.

Absolutely...+1

srvy 06-23-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13603627)
Do we know what kind of bourbon this is? What brand?

I think KCUnited called it 1792 small batch from Barton 1792 Distillery part of the parent Sazerac Distilling Companies. This is one of Kentucky's oldest distilleries I read.

Plenty of rickhouses left they will be fine.
<iframe width="561" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kTlLQQKQWZE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

srvy 06-23-2018 07:39 PM

The video looks like some work being done on slope collapse side of rickhouse. I wonder if stability in that soil and weight of the ricks played the part in this collapse.

srvy 06-23-2018 07:51 PM

Sazerac brant portfolio
http://www.sazerac.com/BrandPortfolio.aspx?NBid=1

Barton Brands Bourbons
1792 Bourbon
Very Old Barton
Tom Moore
Kentucky Gentleman
Kentucky Tavern
Colonel Lee
Zackariah Harris

JimNasium 06-26-2018 07:44 AM

I scored a couple of bottles of Barton 1792 Small Batch last night. I'm not sure if the recent rickhouse collapse will make it more rare but figured it was worth the flier.

lewdog 06-26-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 13605981)
I scored a couple of bottles of Barton 1792 Small Batch last night. I'm not sure if the recent rickhouse collapse will make it more rare but figured it was worth the flier.

It’s good shit anyway. Good buy.

Ever had the full proof they make or the sweet wheat? Those are on my list to try but a bit harder to find.

Marcellus 07-02-2018 07:57 PM

Hard to beat Elijah Craig small batch for $24 at Sams.

Third Eye 07-02-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13613918)
Hard to beat Elijah Craig small batch for $24 at Sams.

Having just moved back to KC, I recently discovered Tipsy Liquor in the northland. Some great prices on a number of bourbons including $27.99 for Four Roses Small Batch. It’s $36.99 at the liquor store next to my house. Even if I didn’t have family in the northland, the price would be worth the drive by itself.

ChiTown 07-02-2018 09:38 PM

Sipping on some Colonel Taylor Single Barrel. My gawd is it delicious.

2 fingers and a small ice cube. Outstanding

Miles 07-02-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13614014)
Sipping on some Colonel Taylor Single Barrel. My gawd is it delicious.

2 fingers and a small ice cube. Outstanding

I’ve been asking around at various liquor stores for that the past few months hoping I’d find it. Blantons is my current favorite but hear that’s better.

Miles 07-02-2018 11:01 PM

Ben Milam is a TX bourbon that has been winning a lot of awards. Even getting hard to find in TX now but got a bottle and it’s rather good but different flavors.

Marcellus 07-03-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 13614008)
Having just moved back to KC, I recently discovered Tipsy Liquor in the northland. Some great prices on a number of bourbons including $27.99 for Four Roses Small Batch. It’s $36.99 at the liquor store next to my house. Even if I didn’t have family in the northland, the price would be worth the drive by itself.

I believe 4 Roses small batch is also $24 at Sams Club, you may want to check that out.

O.city 07-03-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13614151)
I believe 4 Roses small batch is also $24 at Sams Club, you may want to check that out.

Surprisingly, Sams club has a good liquor selection.

Have you been to springfield lately? The Macadoodles have turned out to be pretty awesome, much to my surprise.

Titty Meat 07-03-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13614151)

Save your money. Four Rose's is trash.

TRR 07-03-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13614338)
Save your money. Four Rose's is trash.

Whoa...disagree on that. Especially their small batch for under $25. That’s not a bad bourbon/bad buy at all.

OmahaChief 07-03-2018 12:41 PM

Had a good day yesterday. Picked up store pick bottles of Old Weller Antique, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare and Blanton's. Also scored a bottle of Baby Saz.

O.city 07-03-2018 12:53 PM

Eagle Rare is good shit man. I actually got to sample the 17 year old Eagle Rare a month or so ago. It was pretty damn tasty, but too pricey for my range.