ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Fire Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313031)

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13347354)
To be fair to Sutton and I’m not a big fan and want him replaced. He had no Berry, Hali and DJ are washed up and Houston decided he’s rich enough to not give a shit. And Dorsey did a shit job of drafting defense.

Excuses, excuses

Sassy Squatch 01-08-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13347354)
To be fair to Sutton and I’m not a big fan and want him replaced. He had no Berry, Hali and DJ are washed up and Houston decided he’s rich enough to not give a shit. And Dorsey did a shit job of drafting defense.

We've been in 5 playoff games under Reid. 2 of them have ended in historical collapses. **** Bob Sutton.

kcpasco 01-08-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13347368)
We've been in 5 playoff games under Reid. 2 of them have ended in historical collapses. **** Bob Sutton.

Yes he’s a fossil that should be replaced.

petegz28 01-08-2018 08:47 PM

I am not sure we have the personnel for a 3-4 defense anymore. We seem to be better suited for a 4-3 which is yet another reason Sutton should go.

If we're going to run a 3-4 you need to run Wade Phillips style 3-4 or a Steelers type.

The RAC-Sutton 3-4 is dead and easily defeated.

That being said, the RAC 3-4 would have been gobs better than the shit Sutton called....

O.city 01-08-2018 08:50 PM

34 43 doesn’t make much difference anymore

I bet the chiefs were in a 34 traditional set like 12 percent of the time this season

It’s a sub package league with different fronts. They need to get more versatile dc tho for sure and more versatile players in the front 7

petegz28 01-08-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13347545)
34 43 doesn’t make much difference anymore

I bet the chiefs were in a 34 traditional set like 12 percent of the time this season

It’s a sub package league with different fronts. They need to get more versatile dc tho for sure and more versatile players in the front 7

Well, that may be true but I think our base D is no longer suitable for a 3-4 style.

O.city 01-08-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13347555)
Well, that may be true but I think our base D is no longer suitable for a 3-4 style.

I don’t know for sure either way, but they need a change of voice on d for sure

petegz28 01-08-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13347561)
I don’t know for sure either way, but they need a change of voice on d for sure

They need to be more aggressive. Watching the 3 man rush only to see guys running wide open over the middle is obviously not a good strategy.

I think I can count on 1 hand how many safety blitzes we ran this year. I don't think we ran 1 single corner blitz.

And there's Houston...10 yards down field more than I ever care to see. Whether it's a running play or passing play, better things happen when Houston is around the line of scrimmage...not 15 yards down field trying to cover Antonio Brown.

O.city 01-08-2018 08:58 PM

It’s not blitzing so much as just playing aggressive and making the offense adjust to you instead of vice versa

He just became too predictable and easy to manipulate into what the offense wants

petegz28 01-08-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13347591)
It’s not blitzing so much as just playing aggressive and making the offense adjust to you instead of vice versa

He just became too predictable and easy to manipulate into what the offense wants

It seems like he tried to take away everything every play...never dictated, as you said...

TEX 01-09-2018 09:32 AM

REALLY hope this happens, but Reid...

The Franchise 01-09-2018 09:36 AM

So it looks like Fangio isn’t going to stay in Chicago because he was passed up for the HC job. If he’s gone then he’s supposed to be the Packers #1 Target. We either need to bring him in or go get Petrine after Fangio signs with the Packers.

Chiefnj2 01-09-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13347581)
They need to be more aggressive. Watching the 3 man rush only to see guys running wide open over the middle is obviously not a good strategy.

I think I can count on 1 hand how many safety blitzes we ran this year. I don't think we ran 1 single corner blitz.

And there's Houston...10 yards down field more than I ever care to see. Whether it's a running play or passing play, better things happen when Houston is around the line of scrimmage...not 15 yards down field trying to cover Antonio Brown.

Sutton needs to go, but in his defense Houston was ineffective rushing the QB on Saturday.

Per PFF Houston tallied just two pressures on 29 pass-rush attempts. Do you continue to rush Houston when he's being stymied, or do you drop him and hope to clog a passing lane on a struggling QB?

Rausch 01-09-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 13343173)
Firing his defensive coordinator the next day would reek of scapegoating.

Not if he also said "and my play calling was not up to par either. I'll be looking at OC's as we move on."

There's a big difference between honestly looking at weak spots and just covering for your own. Yes, Sutton's defense was not up to par, but neither was Andy's play calling.

It's one thing to design an offense and draw up plays - it's a whole other beast to know what to call at the appropriate time in game...

Rausch 01-09-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13348868)
Sutton needs to go, but in his defense Houston was ineffective rushing the QB on Saturday.

He was the only pass rusher (Hali is beyond done) on saturday.

And his play was solid. He didn't rush every down - he had a number of different responsibilities...