ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Making a Murderer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297109)

DementedLogic 01-23-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12045567)
Dassey's confession is really not a confession. The cops pretty much provided all the details.

I can see why someone would believe that after watching the show. After reading the complete transcripts, not just what they wanted me to hear, I'm pretty confident that Brendan Dassey helped Avery kill her.

PAChiefsGuy 01-23-2016 07:13 PM

Avery's new lawyer has been slamming the evidence in his case on her twitter and frankly a lot of what she says makes perfect sense.

Chiefsplanet won't let me post links but you can check out her twitter page her name is @ZellnerLaw

BigRedChief 01-23-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedLogic (Post 12045665)
I can see why someone would believe that after watching the show. After reading the complete transcripts, not just what they wanted me to hear, I'm pretty confident that Brendan Dassey helped Avery kill her.

How do you explain no blood found where they raped and killed her? All that trash everywhere but somehow these dufus's cleaned it all up?

Rausch 01-24-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedLogic (Post 12045665)

After seeing how they were questioned and how shady the cops were I can't believe most of that evidence wasn't thrown out.

A minor, who's legally reeruned, isn't allowed a Parent/guardian present during questioning?

Multiple conflicts of interest?

OJ got off for less shady assed happenings...

ragedogg69 01-24-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12045493)
This hasn't been discussed as much as it should have. How hard would it be to pull off this murder/rape and set Avery up? I think if you a smart killer or a cop (not saying one of the cops committed rape/murder but hey you never know) it honestly wouldn't be that hard.. It'd take a lot of thinking and planning but it is doable..

Anyone else agree?

If the corrupt cops did anything, assuming Avery didnt do it, my theory is the cops found her in the Rav 4 elsewhere. Hence, cop calling in her plate 2 days before it was found. They wipe down the car, burn her body in the quarry. Transfer everthing to Avery's. Grab blood from evidence and put it in the car. Plant key and bullet etc later.

My theory if Avery did do it: corrupt cops plant key and bullet to able to charge Avery.

Rausch 01-24-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12046082)
If the corrupt cops did anything, assuming Avery didnt do it, my theory is the cops found her in the Rav 4 elsewhere. Hence, cop calling in her plate 2 days before it was found. They wipe down the car, burn her body in the quarry. Transfer everthing to Avery's. Grab blood from evidence and put it in the car. Plant key and bullet etc later.

My theory if Avery did do it: corrupt cops plant key and bullet to able to charge Avery.

The only legit evidence was the bones in a fire pit.

At no time during the NETFLIX series did I see anyone touch on how the soil/mud/clay/surroundings would have an impact on the bones depending where they were burned. Where they were burned would be important.

Also he was on the way to a huge settlement. It seems odd to celebrate such a moment by raping and killing a woman after finally being found innocent.

And what is the motive? Why would he kill a woman he met with often and the family made money with?...

DementedLogic 01-24-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12046079)
After seeing how they were questioned and how shady the cops were I can't believe most of that evidence wasn't thrown out.

A minor, who's legally reeruned, isn't allowed a Parent/guardian present during questioning?

His mother was given the option to be with him during questioning, and she declined.

Most of the prodding was based on things that Brendan had already told them in the original interview.

You can read the original interview here.
http://jenniferjslate.com/wp-content...ol_2.27.06.pdf

Most of the details were provided by Brendan, not by the cops suggesting them.

After the original interview, the cops could tell that Brendan knew more and that he was probably there when everything happened. That's when the interview happened that they showed in the show. The show makes it seem like they were suggesting all of the details and taking advantage of Brendan. In reality, they were just trying to get more out of Brendan, based on the details that he had already provided them.

DementedLogic 01-24-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12045719)
How do you explain no blood found where they raped and killed her? All that trash everywhere but somehow these dufus's cleaned it all up?

He stabbed her in the abdomen. The blood wouldn't have been spraying out everywhere, it likely would have just pooled below her. Brendan Dassey said that they cleaned the blood up off of the garage floor. He said they used bleach, and he even had the bleach stained jeans that matched that story.

KCUnited 01-24-2016 12:26 PM

^^5.0 y'all.

jd1020 01-24-2016 12:28 PM

Brendan definitely knew more about her death than what the Netflix series led us to believe. It was pretty clear that there was a rape and murder that happened in the bedroom which is why they found all of that forensic evidence in the bedroom. How else do you explain all the blood found. She was clearly stabbed 11 times (or however many times she was stabbed) and he clearly slit her throat.

Wait...

jd1020 01-24-2016 12:30 PM

The only blood found in the entire crime was in the RAV4. There is no ****ing way that they cleaned up every bit of forensic evidence from inside the house or garage. NONE.

jd1020 01-24-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12046079)

Indeed. That judge was just as crooked as the cops, imo. Avery is going to die in jail. He got the same judge for his appeal and the state supreme court already declined to hear his case. Not sure about the US Supreme Court but they probably wont hear it either so he's pretty much exhausted his options. Without EDTA being found in the blood in the car he won't be getting out.

PAChiefsGuy 01-24-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12046221)
Indeed. That judge was just as crooked as the cops, imo. Avery is going to die in jail. He got the same judge for his appeal and the state supreme court already declined to hear his case. Not sure about the US Supreme Court but they probably wont hear it either so he's pretty much exhausted his options. Without EDTA being found in the blood in the car he won't be getting out.

More than likely. He got screwed... What a terrible life that guy has had. I feel bad for him.

Now if he actually did the murder then obviously I don't feel bad at all but no one knows for sure, myself included. It's all speculation.

What I think we all can agree on is that he did not get a fair trial and that those are some dirty cops...

Skyy God 01-24-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 12045293)
He probably should have moved away after getting out.

Maybe tried to sell the business. Or at least liquidated everything and sell the land.

Didn't have the resources. His reimbursement from the state was in the works at the time of the murder.

CoMoChief 01-24-2016 06:24 PM

I can't see how this case went through all of the appellate courts, and still wasn't at least given a new trial.