ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Paxton Lynch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295398)

rico 03-24-2016 02:46 PM

I would be stoked if they made this happen.

What other teams have shown interest in him???

Mile High Mania 03-24-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12147386)
I would be stoked if they made this happen.

What other teams have shown interest in him???

Lynch? A number of them, he's going to work out for the Cowboys as well.

thabear04 03-24-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12147393)
Lynch? A number of them, he's going to work out for the Cowboys as well.

He just visit the Cowboys.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...as-city-chiefs

Paxton Lynch to meet with Kansas City Chiefs

Just a day after working out for the Dallas Cowboys, Paxton Lynch is off to visit with another NFL club that, like Dallas, could be looking for a young quarterback to groom behind a veteran starter. The former Memphis star is traveling to Kansas City on Thursday for a Friday meeting with the Chiefs, a source informed of Lynch's plans told NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport.

Chiefs starter Alex Smith is 31, but enjoyed arguably his best NFL season last year, his 11th year in the league. He passed for a career-high 3,486 yards, rushed for a career-high 498, and threw just seven interceptions. The Chiefs hold the No. 28 overall pick, and their primary draft need is at outside linebacker.

The Cowboys' need for a young quarterback is more pressing.

A Cowboys contingent went from the NFL meetings in Boca Raton, Fla., to Orlando Wednesday to conduct a workout with Lynch, who has been training there since January. Although team owner Jerry Jones has said the Cowboys won't use their first-round pick (No. 4 overall) on a quarterback, the 2016 draft could be the right time for the club to choose an eventual successor to aging starter Tony Romo.

NFL Media analysts view Lynch as a late first-round pick, with four of them -- Charles Davis, Bucky Brooks, Lance Zierlein and Maurice Jones-Drew -- projecting him to the Denver Broncos with the last pick of the round, No. 31 overall. Lynch is planning to travel to Memphis on Monday to begin on-campus preparations for an April 6 pro-day workout.

Pitt Gorilla 03-24-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12147383)
What?

In the scenario you quoted, the Chiefs are trading their first rounder this year as part of the deal to acquire Lynch.

Red Dawg 03-24-2016 02:55 PM

I would love it. Long shot but we can dream.

Mr. Laz 03-24-2016 03:10 PM

Alex Smith is a young 31, has at least 5 years left.

Andy Reid seems perfectly content with Alex Smith as his QB.

I don't see anyway we take a QB in the 1st round instead of a cornerback.

imo our need is so big at cornerback that we could take multiple CBs in this year's draft.

rico 03-24-2016 03:15 PM

Alex Smith for another 5 years makes me want to cringe and then quickly lose interest and start snoring.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-24-2016 03:15 PM

This seems like we are just gearing ourselves up for a pretty huge cock-tease.. Let's not do this to ourselves guys.

Mr. Laz 03-24-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12147463)
Alex Smith for another 5 years makes me want to cringe and then quickly lose interest and start snoring.

I'm sure your boredom will get Andy Reid to change his plan.

Sometimes i think Chiefs' fans just want a QB to throw the ball 50 yard on every play because it's cool. :shake:

rico 03-24-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12147498)
I'm sure your boredom will get Andy Reid to change his plan.

Sometimes i think Chiefs' fans just want a QB to throw the ball 50 yard on every play because it's cool. :shake:

You're sure??!? Right on, I'm gonna start writing Andy Reid a letter expressing my Alex Smith boredom right away!!! Thanks man!!!

the Talking Can 03-24-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12147452)

ROFL

keg in kc 03-24-2016 04:00 PM

That many more years I could see. All of them here? Andy Reid would probably have to be here another 5 years for that to happen. Wonder how likely that is.

Bewbies 03-24-2016 04:03 PM

Andy Reid will trade Smiff and get one of our 2nd's back in a couple years. :)

Laz will be stuck masturbating to old highlight reels of checkdowns and tuck/run from the good old days.

O.city 03-24-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12147545)
That many more years I could see. All of them here? Andy Reid would probably have to be here another 5 years for that to happen. Wonder how likely that is.

Seems he's really in a good gig right now. I doubt he walks form that too awful soon.

RunKC 03-24-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12147452)

Andy Reid seems perfectly content with Alex Smith as his QB.

I don't see anyway we take a QB in the 1st round instead of a cornerback.

imo our need is so big at cornerback that we could take multiple CBs in this year's draft.

This is pretty accurate. Andy flat out told Derek Carr at the pro bowl that he was going to draft him if he didn't already have Alex.

What makes you think Andy would draft Lynch if he already passed on a guy he liked before?