ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Red Brooklyn 04-24-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8562669)
I think we'll see a lot more of this as the show progresses - because the books become so completely convoluted that it would simply be impossible for show to follow them closely. Can you imagine an entire season of the show without Tyrion, for example?

Absolutely agree.

allen_kcCard 04-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8562574)
They could leave the Westerlings out of the show completely and just have Jon marry someone from Volantis. It accomplishes the plot device of pissing off the Freys just as well.

Robb gonna chop off his head for breaking his vows.

Swanman 04-24-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8562712)
Robb gonna chop off his head for breaking his vows.

See, I am already getting screwed up with the characters. I know nothing.

vailpass 04-24-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8561279)
I believe the eagle was orell warging out. Then jon kills the eagle, orell's spirit (still in the eagle) scars jon, varamyr wargs the eagle and then melisandre kills the eagle with varamyr behind the wheel, driving varamyr insane and destroying orell's spirit.

Or something like that. Lots of warging north of the wallLMAO.

Yep, that sounds right.

Huffmeister 04-25-2012 11:22 AM

Just got back from my honeymoon and finally got caught up on the last two episodes last night. I don't remember which episode it was, but did anyone else think that Joffrey's crossbow was THE crossbow? I thought it was cool of them to throw it in there early on in the series.

Red Brooklyn 04-25-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8564992)
Just got back from my honeymoon and finally got caught up on the last two episodes last night. I don't remember which episode it was, but did anyone else think that Joffrey's crossbow was THE crossbow? I thought it was cool of them to throw it in there early on in the series.

Actually, that hadn't crossed my mind. But I like it!

Hawk 04-25-2012 10:12 PM

I've hit the last third of the second book in my re-read. Lots of good stuff happening, the second half of this season on the show should be pretty good!

I had forgotten the details of Arya's story and how Vargo Hoat switches sides and joins up with the Starks (Roose Bolton and his men) after J'aqen helps Arya free the captured northmen. They fed Amory Lorch to the big black bear, I had forgotten that as well. Arya thinks that it's appropriate since he killed Yoren, and the bear that killed him is black like the Nights Watch. I am really curious where they'll go with Arya being Tywin's cupbearer since that is not in the books (she's Roose Bolton's cupbearer).

Jawshco 04-25-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8564992)

Holy crap! I never thought about that, but you might be right.

arrowheadnation 04-25-2012 11:11 PM

For those that don't watch South Park, Mr. Garrison was teaching a class on the family hierarchy of Game of Thrones to third graders tonight. This as well as the rest of the episode was pretty damn funny.

Baby Lee 04-26-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 8567004)
For those that don't watch South Park, Mr. Garrison was teaching a class on the family hierarchy of Game of Thrones to third graders tonight. This as well as the rest of the episode was pretty damn funny.

Cartman's All-4-One cover was the best thing since his obsessive recitation of Come Sail Away.

Hawk 04-30-2012 06:12 AM

Things are sarting to move along.

Renly dying scene was handled well and I thought Brienne did a great job in that one.

Arya telling Tywin that "anyone can be killed" was excellent, my favorite non-book moment of the night. I really like the young actress playing Arya. I enjoyed the parts with her and Jaquen as well.

They gave tons of hints about what Theon is about to do, but my wife (non-reader) still didn't quite pick up on them. She is still going ot be a little sruprised when he takes Winterfell. I think she still wants to believe he has some loyalty to the Starks so she can't really imagine him taking Winterfell at this point. She's in for a rude awakening.

Huffmeister 04-30-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8582478)
Arya telling Tywin that "anyone can be killed" was excellent, my favorite non-book moment of the night. I really like the young actress playing Arya.

Yeah, the look on Tywin's face is chilling. He had such a cold-blooded, reptilian look in his eyes as he's staring at Arya.

I was a bit suprised by the Fist of the First Men. In my mind it was in the middle of a forest, but I may have misread it. And I expected there to be a bit more ruins.

keg in kc 04-30-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8582577)
Yeah, the look on Tywin's face is chilling. He had such a cold-blooded, reptilian look in his eyes as he's staring at Arya.

I was a bit suprised by the Fist of the First Men. In my mind it was in the middle of a forest, but I may have misread it. And I expected there to be a bit more ruins.

I haven't seen the ep yet but I always envisioned it as the top of a hill, in an area either completely clear of trees or with sparse forestation.

Jawshco 04-30-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8582577)

I was thinking the same thing, but the location they chose definitely has massively cool potential.

Dinkledge's interrogation of Lancel, his reaction to Demon Monkey & taking control of wildfire -alone are deserving of an award nomination.

Seeing Roy Dotrice as Hallyane the Pyromancer was pretty cool in this episode, but as a fan if the audio books. I loved hearing his voice again. It definitely added depth to the character's dialogue when he's talking about former kings. You know that Dotrice is very steep into the history of this story.

NewChief 04-30-2012 11:40 AM

The thing I like about Arya's line is that while it was a threat toward Tywin, it also held sadness. She knows that anyone can be killed, because her father (who most children see as invincible) was killed. She knows that Rob can be killed as well. Anyone can die. Yes, she hopes to kill Tywin, but she could just as easily be killed.