ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

raybec 4 05-13-2014 09:23 AM

Have they brought Kevin Lannister in to the series yet? I can't recall if he was in the books at this point.

MagicHef 05-13-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 10627147)
Have they brought Kevin Lannister in to the series yet? I can't recall if he was in the books at this point.

Kevin Lannister was in the first book, strategizing with Tywin about the war.

Apparently he's been in the show as well:

http://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/_assets/uploads/26166.jpg

MagicHef 05-13-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10624358)
Lol, Tyrion is nothing like Tywin. Tyrion is clever and exceedingly sarcastic. Tywin is just straight up ruthless, placing family above all else. Incredibly intelligent as he may be, Tywin's actions were always motivated by how they would benefit his family, not the realm. Tyrion MIGHT have been that, right up until he killed his father and attempted to aid young Aegon Targaryen reclaim the Iron Throne.

So you agree that until a brutal falling out between Tywin and Tyrion, they are extremely similar in both method and motivation? Ok.

I doubt it's true, but I really love the Cersei and Jaime are Aerys' kids theory, because of the many, many ironies it introduces to the story.

Why did Aerys appoint Jaime to the Kingsguard? To take away Tywin's heir. However, it was his own son he appointed.

Aerys told Jaime to bring him his father's head. Jaime did just that.

After Robert died, who was the most legitimate heir to the throne? Joffrey, both his parents are Targaryens.

keg in kc 05-13-2014 01:35 PM

And Joffrey may have been insane. Which was certainly a family trait.

MagicHef 05-13-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10627659)
And Joffrey may have been insane. Which was certainly a family trait.

Cersei as well.

Speaking of which, another irony: Cersei found the person that could make her forget her brother... her half brother.

keg in kc 05-13-2014 01:47 PM

It's been a few years since I last read, but I don't remember Cersei being mad.

Amnorix 05-13-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10627709)
It's been a few years since I last read, but I don't remember Cersei being mad.

Yeah, pretty clearly she isn't, in my mind. She has a somewhat warped worldview, but she's not mad/insane by any stretch.

MagicHef 05-13-2014 01:54 PM

It's totally normal to burn down buildings with wildfire, I'd say.

keg in kc 05-14-2014 10:02 AM

Heh...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X5REM-3nWHg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna 05-14-2014 11:13 PM

Cersei is mad as heck. Ever since she got that vision or prophecy when she was a child she's been paranoid as heck to the point of insanity. Also the Viper must live! And it's Kevan.

Fairplay 05-16-2014 08:36 PM

Just to let people know where I'm at on GoT I just finnished episode 5 of Season 3.

The old man told the midget and queen bitch they have to marry people they don't want to marry.
A bunch of people fell off an ice cliff and died, the hero and his girl some how beyond all odds didn't fall to their death.
That one dude keeps getting tortured on the rack.
The pretty blonde girl has her kick ass army and dragons.
The dude who gets his hand cuts off wants to have sex with the woman who has a bigger dick them him.
The little boy has some acid dropping killer dreams.
That bald headed advisor and the ugly old queen are plotting away.
Everyone is taking the stark girl in the castle under their wing without trying to show it.
That's most of it.

Good stuff.

Setsuna 05-17-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10634206)
Just to let people know where I'm at on GoT I just finnished episode 5 of Season 3.

The old man told the midget and queen bitch they have to marry people they don't want to marry.
A bunch of people fell off an ice cliff and died, the hero and his girl some how beyond all odds didn't fall to their death.
That one dude keeps getting tortured on the rack.
The pretty blonde girl has her kick ass army and dragons.
The dude who gets his hand cuts off wants to have sex with the woman who has a bigger dick them him.
The little boy has some acid dropping killer dreams.
That bald headed advisor and the ugly old queen are plotting away.
Everyone is taking the stark girl in the castle under their wing without trying to show it.
That's most of it.

Good stuff.

If you haven't read the books get out.

KcMizzou 05-18-2014 08:02 PM

Well, we didn't get the "trial by combat" but Oberyn and Tyrion was awesome.

I don't know how I could like Oberyn more at this point. It kills me that he has to die.

KcMizzou 05-18-2014 08:08 PM

Damn, I'm gonna miss Oberyn. Such a great character, and so well acted.

petegz28 05-18-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10637607)
Damn, I'm gonna miss Oberyn. Such a great character, and so well acted.

They are cutting out a lot of the book. I don't remember but shouldn't they have explained the dirty secret about the mountain? Or maybe they will next week.