ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

plbrdude 01-14-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubychecker
I started tonight with a liter of southern comfort; It's seven o'clock and I am already 2/3 of the way through............................................................................................. ........................Can I get a f'n A!!!?

not from me, maybe i'll get ya a bucket. :Lin:

SLAG 01-14-2006 08:57 PM

Mickeys Gernades

KcMizzou 01-14-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
thank you Captain Obvious

It was a weak attempt at humor...

ChiefsFire 01-14-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
It was a weak attempt at humor...

more like limp

been sippin some Jack,splash o coke here

(coke as in soda pop for you drugheads on here)

Mr. Kotter 01-14-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
Donkey blood

Gonna have to wait until next week for that. :banghead:

cdcox 01-14-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Gonna have to wait until next week for that. :banghead:

Yeah, but delayed triumph is all the sweeter.

Rain Man 01-15-2006 12:10 AM

Drano. With a little orange juice to help it down.

Mr. Kotter 01-15-2006 04:34 PM

It's too early for this thread....but I'm gonna get a head start. First the Broncos get every conceivable break to beat the Pats, then Indy looks like they left their team back in week 15. God hates Bronco-haters, I guess.

I'm thinking of having about 10 or 20 shots of something. Whatever is in the liquor cabinet. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter 01-19-2006 10:29 PM

I'm taking tomorrow off, to begin some serious career re-examination and job search planning.....I'm kicking back with some Crown & Diet Coke. :drool:

Mr. Kotter 01-19-2006 11:22 PM

Well, shit......I guess I'm the only one drinkin' tonight. Guess I'll call AA tomorrow.... :banghead:

Demonpenz 01-19-2006 11:26 PM

make some real chedder in the workforce. especially with those 10 kids you got

Mr. Kotter 01-19-2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
make some real chedder in the workforce. especially with those 10 kids you got

That's about the size of it, DP. Heh.

I'd settle for Swiss or Mozerella though, at this point for the four young 'uns. :p

Demonpenz 01-19-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

That's about the size of it, DP. Heh.

I'd settle for Swiss or Mozerella though, at this point for the four young 'uns. :p

Well you have a good luck from me. :clap:

Mr. Kotter 01-19-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Well you have a good luck from me. :clap:

Thanks, man.

The way I figure it, I got 8 months to convince someone I'm worth 50% more than a teacher earns in the lowest paid state in the country. :)

Demonpenz 01-19-2006 11:33 PM

Just don't tell them to lick your balls

Mr. Kotter 01-19-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Just don't tell them to lick your balls

ROFL

Heh. No kiddin'.....I caught a young lady "texting" in class yesterday....told her to put it away and that "I better never, ever see you with that again in class," and I swear....she said, "bite me." I just about died.... ROFL

I wish I had time to really post about some of the shit that happens to me....heh.

Phobia 01-19-2006 11:38 PM

I'm drinking Red Hook Winter Hook.

It's not bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again.

Mr. Kotter 01-19-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I'm drinking Red Hook Winter Hook.

It's not bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again.

I've enjoyed Red Hook before....but not the Winter version.

I've also grown fond of the Spaten Opimator, but they don't sell the chit here.

jspchief 01-19-2006 11:47 PM

I'm having a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. One is enough. The cherry flavor is a bit too prominent.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I'm having a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. One is enough. The cherry flavor is a bit too prominent.

I understand. If I'm thinking "fruity beer".....let's go with a Strawberry Margarita or some such, and don't fugg around, you know?

jspchief 01-20-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

I understand. If I'm thinking "fruity beer".....let's go with a Strawberry Margarita or some such, and don't fugg around, you know?

This wouldn't be bad if they toned it down some more. I like it, but like I said, one is enough.

savedin79 01-20-2006 12:06 AM

Ice Tea

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

This wouldn't be bad if they toned it down some more. I like it, but like I said, one is enough.

Hey, I've been meanin' to tell you; that Jager bomb you shared with us at the Denver tailgate.....was my first. I've had a Jager bottle in my basement fridge for nearly a year: it's almost empty now....thanks. ;)

I had thought it a "college" shot, and never tried it. It's pretty good that way....

PS: how difficult has it been putting up with the Bronco fan you sleep with? Heh.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedin79
Ice Tea

Long Island or Long Beach? :hmmm:

:p

cdcox 01-20-2006 12:10 AM

Bowmore , 10 yr. A big step up from my usual.

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Hey, I've been meanin' to tell you; that Jager bomb you shared with us at the Denver tailgate.....was my first. I've had a Jager bottle in my basement fridge for nearly a year: it's almost empty now....thanks. ;)

I had thought it a "college" shot, and never tried it. It's pretty good that way....

The last new Jager bottle I saw barely made it through 3 hours.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
The last new Jager bottle I saw barely made it through 3 hours.

This is the Liter size, I'm talkin' about.....and I hate licorice. But with Red Bull (which I'd never had) it goes down very SMOOTHLY..... :drool:

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Bowmore , 10 yr. A big step up from my usual.

Is that Scotch?

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

This is the Liter size, I'm talkin' about.....

Me too babe. :)

Girls like Endelt like Red Headed Sluts. Jager, Peach Schnapps, and Cranberry Juice. You never taste licorice.

jspchief 01-20-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

PS: how difficult has it been putting up with the Bronco fan you sleep with? Heh.

Yea, Jaegerbombs are pretty awesome. I hate Jaeger otherwise. The Red Bull keeps you going too. You need to keep the Jaeger in the freezer rather than fridge... the colder the better.

Just be careful, those things deal out brutal hangovers.

As for my Bronco fan wife, she's been tolerable. We've learned that we get along better by not talking smack, so all I've had to endure is her enjoying the wins. I won't have to put up with it this weekend because she's going to the game and I'm staying home.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer

Girls like Endelt like Red Headed Sluts. Jager, Peach Schnapps, and Cranberry Juice. You never taste licorice.

Wow. :holdman:

Put me down in the ENDelt column though, I prefer Red Headed sluts too. :D

At least when it comes to Jager....heh.

jspchief 01-20-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer

Those things are disgusting.

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

I'm a straight from the bottle girl

cdcox 01-20-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Is that Scotch?

Yeah, single malt nonetheless. I normally drink a baragin basement blended Scotch, but this is soooo much better. Given that I'm a tight wad, I hoping that by having a more expensive bottle of Scotch in the house that I'll drink less. We'll see.

jspchief 01-20-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
I'm a straight from the bottle girl

I have to have Red Bull with my Jaeger. Tequila I'll take straight.

There's a bar here that serves Tang-bombs. Jaeger and Tang. Not as good as it sounds.

Archie F. Swin 01-20-2006 12:21 AM

Busch Beer in a can

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

....I won't have to put up with it this weekend because she's going to the game and I'm staying home.

That's cool. In several ways. Especially, if the Donks should lose....

Her depression will have faded by the time she returns to Iowania, and your elation, will have subsided some by then. Heh. :)

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

I misunderstood; I prefer the Jagerbombs then. Peach Snapps and Cranberry Juice don't sound too enticing....

cdcox 01-20-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

There's a bar here that serves Tang-bombs. Jaeger and Tang. Not as good as it sounds.

Nothing with Tang has ever sounded good. It's been 30 years and I can still remember that nasty.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin
Busch Beer in a can

College student?

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

GOOD Tequila I can sip all night long. Freezing cold Patron silver is ambrosia.

heh. I'm on a mission to try Jager and Tang now.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

Yeah, single malt nonetheless. I normally drink a baragin basement blended Scotch, but this is soooo much better. Given that I'm a tight wad, I hoping that by having a more expensive bottle of Scotch in the house that I'll drink less. We'll see.

I want to try some Scotch but haven't taken the dive; would your recommend single or blended for a rookie? A friend of mine drinks McCallam (sp?). Buys a fifth every other week. Swears by it...

Archie F. Swin 01-20-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

College student?

33 year old middle class worker

jspchief 01-20-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
heh. I'm on a mission to try Jager and Tang now.

So was I when a friend told me about the place. Went out of my way to get there and try it. I was pretty disappointed. Luckily they had the coldest Miller High Life I've ever tasted.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

33 year old middle class worker

Cool. I actually think Bush is one of the more tolerable domestics, even though I'm more of a microbrew-beer snob kinda guy, now....

Bush just conjures up many College memories for me and many people I know....it was ALWAYS on sale at the liquor stores in the mid to late 80s--or so it seemed. I'm talkin' less than $3 a sixer.

Archie F. Swin 01-20-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

a microbrew-beer snob kinda guy....

me too....but I was in a quantity, not quality state of mind

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

me too....but I was in a quantity, not quality state of mind

ENDelt mode, eh? Gotcha. heh. ROFL

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:36 AM

grr

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
grr

grrr?

Meow? :shrug:

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
grr

Oh, I see.....sorry. I hadn't noticed your new avvy descriptor....

FTR, I was speaking of his philosophy for liquor.....

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:41 AM

Too late. I'm going to drown you in Jager until you're puking up food you ate a year ago.

greg63 01-20-2006 12:42 AM

I think I shall have a nice diet soda.

Katipan 01-20-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
I think I shall have a nice diet soda.

add some southern comfort

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
Too late. I'm going to drown you in Jager until you're puking up food you ate a year ago.

ROFL

I have an Iron-gut, and I shit out what I eat less than 24 hours after I eat it....except Pussy, that stays in the goatee longer. Heh.

cdcox 01-20-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

I want to try some Scotch but haven't taken the dive; would your recommend single or blended for a rookie? A friend of mine drinks McCallam (sp?). Buys a fifth every other week. Swears by it...

I'll be happy if I can stretch a fifth to last a week. Macallan is out of my price range.

Scotch is an acquired taste. The blends and single malts are completely different in character. Blends are supposed to have a little more wide appeal, and that is what I started with, and still drink to a large extent. If you decide to try a blend, I'd recommend getting a decent bottle (Johnny Walker or Dewar's) to give it a fair shake.

Single malts come from four regions: Lowlands, Highlands, Speyside and Islay. I'm just barely exploring these in the last year. I'm a smoke freak, so I like Islay the best. I think Highlands and Speyside are what most people prefer; I'd go with one of those for my first single malt. Glenlivet is very likable, if unexciting, Speyside.

Mr. Kotter 01-20-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

I'll be happy if I can stretch a fifth to last a week. Macallan is out of my price range.

Scotch is an acquired taste. The blends and single malts are completely different in character. Blends are supposed to have a little more wide appeal, and that is what I started with, and still drink to a large extent. If you decide to try a blend, I'd recommend getting a decent bottle (Johnny Walker or Dewar's) to give it a fair shake.

Single malts come from four regions: Lowlands, Highlands, Speyside and Islay. I'm just barely exploring these in the last year. I'm a smoke freak, so I like Islay the best. I think Highlands and Speyside are what most people prefer; I'd go with one of those for my first single malt. Glenlivet is very likable, if unexciting, Speyside.

Thanks for info. I'll have to checkout the JW or Glenlivet.....a local place carries those, at good prices. :thumb:

greg63 01-20-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
add some southern comfort

If only I had seen your post earlier. I changed my mind and am currently enjoying a delicious home made vanilla milk shake.

cdcox 01-20-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Thanks for info. I'll have to checkout the JW or Glenlivet.....a local place carries those, at good prices. :thumb:

One last word about Scotch:

Blends: find something you like and stick with it.

Single Malts: fun to explore like micro-brews and wine.

Katipan 01-20-2006 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
If only I had seen your post earlier. I changed my mind and am currently enjoying a delicious home made vanilla milk shake.

dammit!! now i want a vanilla milk shake.

Demonpenz 01-20-2006 01:21 AM

well tonight i decided to not hit the liqour and i cleaned and vacuumed my car. which i had dropped a jalopeno potato chip in earlier this week. So anyway I did what any single guy would do instead of find that chip to rid the car of that smell i bought a 89 cent air freshner that made the car smell spicey minty fresh. anyway i got that smell out and cleaned my room too.

greg63 01-20-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
dammit!! now i want a vanilla milk shake.

ROFL ooops!

The Bad Guy 01-20-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Yea, Jaegerbombs are pretty awesome. I hate Jaeger otherwise. The Red Bull keeps you going too. You need to keep the Jaeger in the freezer rather than fridge... the colder the better.

Just be careful, those things deal out brutal hangovers.

As for my Bronco fan wife, she's been tolerable. We've learned that we get along better by not talking smack, so all I've had to endure is her enjoying the wins. I won't have to put up with it this weekend because she's going to the game and I'm staying home.

Yes, I agree on the Jaeger that it's best keeping it cool.

After doing 10 Jaeger bombs in about 25 minutes in Aruba, my stomach rejects them like a bad kidney anymore.

Same thing with Long Island Ice Teas. Can't drink them anymore after I got sick off them one night.

I really wish I didn't overdue it because Jaeger bombs are the tits.

Katipan 01-20-2006 01:59 AM

The word bomb has been used too much in the last couple of pages. Now I want a Saki Bomber.

banyon 01-20-2006 03:55 AM

I'm drinkin Paddy cocktails...

http://www.green-wood.info/bar/graph.../manhattan.jpg

ENDelt260 01-20-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer

I just like to order 'em.

Simply Red 01-20-2006 02:37 PM

Funny you should ask. I am going with Chataue St. Michelle Merlot-grape of course. Late 90's. Accompanied with sparkling water of some sort.(still need to buy) and Mongolian-Beef with sesame-seed added.

BIG_DADDY 01-20-2006 02:39 PM

Drink of choice last night was Makers Mark. I enjoyed 2 cigars a Hoyo De Monterry from Havana Cuba and a Padron Magnum. Watched the fights and it would have been a perfect night if the Lakers just hadn't thrown away that game. :cuss:

Nothing worse than losing to the Queens.

MOhillbilly 01-20-2006 02:42 PM

im doin it Hiram Williams I, II & III style tonight.

ClevelandChief 01-20-2006 02:43 PM

semen

milehighfan 01-20-2006 02:46 PM

jack and water tonight. Champagne after the bronco's victroy on Sunday.

shakesthecat 01-20-2006 02:47 PM

Kettle One and lots of it.

Lurch 01-20-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandChief
semen

Pssssstttt. I think you may be posting in the wrong forum. Heh.

Lurch 01-20-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighfan
jack and water tonight. Champagne after the bronco's victroy on Sunday.

Sunday, October 8th, 2006? Yeah, celebrating their first victory of the new season would be occasion to celebrate.

milehighfan 01-20-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch
Sunday, October 8th, 2006? Yeah, celebrating their first victory of the new season would be occasion to celebrate.

I'm sure I will be celebrating then too, since it is always tough for defending super bowl champs to repeat.

RickObie 01-20-2006 03:11 PM

Sex on the beach!!

Ohhh -- You're talking about drinks, my bad!

Saulbadguy 01-20-2006 03:13 PM

I'm not sure yet. I've got a few sunshine wheats and blue paddle pilsners sitting in my fridge. A bottle of Jager in the freezer, of course.

and some white russians for dessert. :)

MOhillbilly 01-20-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I'm not sure yet. I've got a few sunshine wheats and blue paddle pilsners sitting in my fridge. A bottle of Jager in the freezer, of course.

and some white russians for dessert. :)

gheh-sounds like a recipe for a hangover.

Lurch 01-20-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
gheh-sounds like a recipe for a hangover.

Water. Before and after the festivities. Ibuprophen before bed. No problem.

SLAG 01-20-2006 03:20 PM

A Ice cold Corona With a Lime to Make it Freeze

Saulbadguy 01-20-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
A Ice cold Corona With a Lime to Make it Freeze

:Lin: