ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo's Presser (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265110)

jspchief 10-14-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9015186)
I use "us" a lot when talking about Planeteers...I obviously wasnt one of the guys heading up anything regarding Geno.

DJ, Sac and SNR come to mind as 3 guys that were WAYYYY ahead of the curve and talked about him as being a better prospect to Barkley well before anyone else.

As soon as I read SNR (who I agree with quite a bit) championing him, I did some research and jumped on the bandwagon.

Yeah, you like to use "us" a lot to make it sound like you were on board shit that you weren't

Phobia 10-14-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9015197)
You're crazy, I was on the Geno bandwagon way before that.

When he was a freshman in preschool is what I meant. I was in the Corps with his pops and the old man used to chuck a grenade further and with pin-point accuracy so it only stood to reason that his kid would be an amazing NFL QB.

BossChief 10-14-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9015199)
Yeah, you like to use "us" a lot to make it sound like you were on board shit that you weren't

really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8947396)
I see Barkley as similar to Matt Ryan. Good arm, but not a cannon, can effectively go through progressions and spread the ball around and attack the whole field.

Geno Smith isnt as dynamic as RG3, but there are lots of similarities in their games/skillsets. He has enough speed and instinct to make defenses pay if they try to run too much man coverage and can shred a zone with his arm.

I see Wilson as a lesser version of Rivers...similar arm and game demeanor...opposing teams can get in his head and he is very hot/cold.

Landry Jones is a stronger armed Cassel that needs everything around him to be clicking
to be effective. When Broyles went down, he fell apart. As others mentioned, his game against k St was awful.

Geno Smith should be targeted by us and could flourish with the weapons we have.

jspchief 10-14-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9015214)
really?

Let me guess, you said that after there was a 20 page thread about him. Congrats on being part of the groundswell. You and the 9 other guys.

BossChief 10-15-2012 12:03 AM

You're right and it was poorly worded.

And, no. There was no 20 page thread about him at that point.

The only guys I remember talking about him at that point were Sac, DJ and SNR.

DJ started talking about him in May...Sac turned it up a notch in August and SNR jumped in late August/early September and I jumped on the bandwagon in mid September before the NO game.

Now, go **** your cat.

kcxiv 10-15-2012 12:16 AM

Just watched his presser. haha he says something like, we are gonna go back look at the tape and fix this. Then his next sentence was. well, we are gonna try to fix this! haha

BossChief 10-15-2012 12:21 AM

Oakland 37-KC 13

Well, we tried.