ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Imon Yourside 11-24-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10215605)
Kind of a necro bump, but whatever.

I got around to playing the console version of Diablo 3 and I have to say I actually liked it a lot.

The graphics look fine, the controls actually translated to a console very well (never assumed this would be a thing) and the loot system with the AH dead is great. (I originally liked the AH system before D3 came out and ended up hating it because they basically designed the loot system for high AH activity and more dollaz in their pocket.)

I actually got gear worth a **** as I progressed along the way and this game sucks a whole lot less when your focus is on wrecking shit instead of farming shit to put on the AH so you can go on the AH for gear you actually want.

Looking back on it now, it still amazes me just how much the original crew massively ****ed up on pretty much everything.

I know they plan to do a lot of changes coming up and a new expansion, but they should do a total reboot like S-E did with FFXIV.

Wish I could give them another chance, but they royally ****ed me and disabled my account. I can't give Blizzard another dime.

BryanBusby 11-24-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10215953)
Wish I could give them another chance, but they royally ****ed me and disabled my account. I can't give Blizzard another dime.

Haha really? Did they even tell you why they disabled it?

Gravedigger 03-31-2014 08:19 AM

Bought the expansion (I know I know) but I really like it thus far. Got my Crusader to 26 and am itching to play again. It's the same starting acts obviously, but the way the new difficulty system works it makes fights a marathon where using your potions and powers to avoid and heal up becomes the focus not stacking dodge or block to an unbelievable amount in order to have the chance to survive. Also you have five difficulties now and each time you bump up the difficulty you get bonuses to gold and xp, so right now I'm on the second hardest difficulty and I'm getting an extra 200% of both.

It's the same boss fights, it's the same story, it's all the same thing you've played before but it feels new. The only way you can get better gear is the Diablo 2 way of farming them, which is what it should've always been. IMO they've nailed the difficulty and the fact they've taken out the Auction House is the other reason why I really like the game now.

It almost makes me even more frustrated that they didn't release this game first instead of the abomination they threw out there for us fans to waste our money on. I know alot of the other people who bought it originally will never go back to it, but I'm really enjoying it.

Aspengc8 03-31-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10529226)
Bought the expansion (I know I know) but I really like it thus far. Got my Crusader to 26 and am itching to play again. It's the same starting acts obviously, but the way the new difficulty system works it makes fights a marathon where using your potions and powers to avoid and heal up becomes the focus not stacking dodge or block to an unbelievable amount in order to have the chance to survive. Also you have five difficulties now and each time you bump up the difficulty you get bonuses to gold and xp, so right now I'm on the second hardest difficulty and I'm getting an extra 200% of both.

It's the same boss fights, it's the same story, it's all the same thing you've played before but it feels new. The only way you can get better gear is the Diablo 2 way of farming them, which is what it should've always been. IMO they've nailed the difficulty and the fact they've taken out the Auction House is the other reason why I really like the game now.

It almost makes me even more frustrated that they didn't release this game first instead of the abomination they threw out there for us fans to waste our money on. I know alot of the other people who bought it originally will never go back to it, but I'm really enjoying it.

All they had to do was improve on the Diablo II system. D2's skill system with how synergies worked, and the amount of skills, made each toon you made vastly unique from other. Now everyone uses the same skills and feels the same. The expansion rectified a lot of things, but I agree, the new loot & difficulty system should have been there release day.

htismaqe 03-31-2014 08:36 AM

The console version is WAY fun. Really fun time waster/grinder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10215605)
Kind of a necro bump, but whatever.

I got around to playing the console version of Diablo 3 and I have to say I actually liked it a lot.

The graphics look fine, the controls actually translated to a console very well (never assumed this would be a thing) and the loot system with the AH dead is great. (I originally liked the AH system before D3 came out and ended up hating it because they basically designed the loot system for high AH activity and more dollaz in their pocket.)

I actually got gear worth a **** as I progressed along the way and this game sucks a whole lot less when your focus is on wrecking shit instead of farming shit to put on the AH so you can go on the AH for gear you actually want.

Looking back on it now, it still amazes me just how much the original crew massively ****ed up on pretty much everything.

I know they plan to do a lot of changes coming up and a new expansion, but they should do a total reboot like S-E did with FFXIV.

htismaqe 03-31-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10529248)
D2's skill system with how synergies worked, and the amount of skills, made each toon you made vastly unique from other. Now everyone uses the same skills and feels the same.

I don't see this at all.

In D2, you had builds focused around specific, individual skills for every class. WW barbs, Javazon, etc.

In D3, I see A LOT more subtle variation in builds than in D2.

The Franchise 03-31-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10529257)
The console version is WAY fun. Really fun time waster/grinder.

It pisses me off that the price hasn't dropped though. I'll play other games until it does.

htismaqe 03-31-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10529421)
It pisses me off that the price hasn't dropped though. I'll play other games until it does.

I bought it full price because there's a dearth of couch coop games available. My daughter and I probably spent 60 hours together on it so it was worth every penny...

The Franchise 03-31-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10529435)
I bought it full price because there's a dearth of couch coop games available. My daughter and I probably spent 60 hours together on it so it was worth every penny...

See....that's awesome. I've got a 6 year old and two 3 year olds. I'm on my own with gaming for now. I'm actually waiting a little bit to buy Disney Infinity. I know they'd love it...but I'm not sure they'd be able to grasp everything.

htismaqe 03-31-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10529440)
See....that's awesome. I've got a 6 year old and two 3 year olds. I'm on my own with gaming for now. I'm actually waiting a little bit to buy Disney Infinity. I know they'd love it...but I'm not sure they'd be able to grasp everything.

I just noticed the Disney Infinity starter pack in our Amazon order list this morning.

My wife has become desperate in her attempts to peel our kids away from Minecraft. :D

hometeam 04-01-2014 10:07 PM

I have been playing a bit on the new expansion.

They fixed the **** out of this game.

Imon Yourside 04-02-2015 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10533422)
I have been playing a bit on the new expansion.

They fixed the **** out of this game.

Yessir, I was reinstated and have been playing the game nonstop. It's probably the most polished game i've ever seen. Amazing how different it is now compared to back then. Also doesn't hurt they gave me my account back. :)

hometeam 04-02-2015 01:01 PM

Yea.. since I posted that I have long since stopped playing, with how they changed the loot system your grind is very reduced, and I have a maxed out character of every class, some of which are capable of doing t10 ubers etc.

Just got nothin left to do~

Imon Yourside 04-03-2015 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11415527)
Yea.. since I posted that I have long since stopped playing, with how they changed the loot system your grind is very reduced, and I have a maxed out character of every class, some of which are capable of doing t10 ubers etc.

So your gear is maxed out?

Imon Yourside 04-03-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11415527)

All your characters are 800 paragon level? WOW you must have played 24/7 for a long time. I still see everyone having problems with t10 ubers.