ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers: Infinity War (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305909)

GloucesterChief 07-01-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13612136)
Agreed.

And, IMO, anyone who says they don't have a problem with gay people but complains about gay people being in a TV shows is a ****ing liar.

Don't really care about a characters sexual orientation unless it is one of two things:

1) Their main characterization is their sexual orientation.
2) Their orientation is brought up out of the blue for no story reason again and again.

banecat 07-01-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13612135)
Apparently Gaston's sidekick dude. LaFeu or something..?

I'm trying to figure out who was supposed to be gay in Ragnarok..

Hela. I remember seeing a headline several months ago stating that Cate Blanchett played the role as a lesbian

banecat 07-01-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13612136)
Agreed.

And, IMO, anyone who says they don't have a problem with gay people but complains about gay people being in a TV shows is a ****ing liar.

Well I don't have any issue with them. They seem to have an issue with me

Jamie 07-01-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13608201)
While giving Disney even more power is a bit unsettling, I am curious to see if they ever try to bring the X-Men or Deadpool into the MCU somehow. I can't really picture how it would work well, but those guys get paid a lot more than I do.

Full reboot, it has to be. Honestly with the deal moving so much more quickly than anyone anticipated, I'm not sure Dark Phoenix and New Mutants even come out.

The Franchise 08-01-2018 02:39 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IAmD1qCIUyY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't want to watch? Basically Hulk didn't do shit in the movie because he's tired of being used by Banner to solve issues and then put away.

Rausch 08-03-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13611641)

Oh and as a middle aged white guy, I agree with how we're often depicted, but hey, we have almost a century of visual media (ie tv and film) depicting us as the center of the universe and we've basically spent that entire time holding every other race and gender under our bootheel in Hollywood, so I can understand the pushback now. Like it or not, our cultural progenitors were the bad guy. It's come to Jesus time for the powerful racist, misogynistic white Hollywood overlords. Hopefully the scales balance relatively quickly and I don't spend the rest of my life being identified with the bad guys. But at this point, white dudes got zero business playing any victim cards. At all.

And here is the problem. A thing that shouldn't be political at this point (gay, lesbian, etc) has been hijacked by politics. People with a political agenda have hijacked a movement that just wanted people to be treated equal. Not better or special just equal.

Most importantly (to me) is it makes the product worse.

No one wants to see Kirk Cameron reboot He-Man and see that he's now fighting liberalism, high taxes, and spreading Christianity to all the heathens on his planet. That isn't what the story was about.

One of my favorite shows is Six Feet Under. One of the main characters is gay and that's a huge part of his character - being both gay and Catholic and the conflict there. In my opinion it's a great show.

VS-

A reboot of Back To The Future where Marty is now gay and instead of having to keep time on track he travels back to promote transgender awareness and change the timeline so Trump (instead of Biff) isn't elected.

In short it's the difference between having a gay or lesbian character and completely changing the character to push an agenda...

Rausch 08-03-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 13612649)
Full reboot, it has to be. Honestly with the deal moving so much more quickly than anyone anticipated, I'm not sure Dark Phoenix and New Mutants even come out.

I'm starting to think that as well. Now that the deal is on track I think they want "integration" as soon as possible without lowering the quality of the product to do so. Releasing Dark Phoenix (non-MCU product) now would only further confuse and delay the integration of those characters in the MCU.

The money has already been spent, the debt will be assumed, so why allow a product that may have a ton of conflicts with what you intend to do go out to audiences?

beach tribe 08-03-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13611641)
I think this is where there's a disconnect. You can't turn somebody gay or straight or bi or any of the other multitude of sexual identities by 'promoting' sexuality in any way on screen. People are what they are. It's that simple, and the agenda, if it has to be said there is one, is to get society to the point where people are okay with that, and can accept each other for who we are. And I think it's less about having more gay people depicted, but making a few of the bigger characters something other than straight. And then not quickly killing them off, which is something that's happened with lesbian characters in particular over and over. And It's about having having characters who don't fit the traditional race/gender/sex binary who can eventualky grow to be more than just identified as 'that gay one'. You know, a competent hero who just happens to like different things than me (straight white dude). Where being different becomes less important than being the hero. That doesn't really happen much now in media and it's NOT in any way representative of the real world, where, 2% of the pop gay or not, a lot of important people are not straight.

I could talk more but I want bbq.

Oh and as a middle aged white guy, I agree with how we're often depicted, but hey, we have almost a century of visual media (ie tv and film) depicting us as the center of the universe and we've basically spent that entire time holding every other race and gender under our bootheel in Hollywood, so I can understand the pushback now. Like it or not, our cultural progenitors were the bad guy. It's come to Jesus time for the powerful racist, misogynistic white Hollywood overlords. Hopefully the scales balance relatively quickly and I don't spend the rest of my life being identified with the bad guys. But at this point, white dudes got zero business playing any victim cards. At all.

As for how men in general and/or bumbling dads are depicted, well...duh. Women are the target market. Of course we're portrayed as morons...

Oh, good Lord.
There is a reason why white people were depicted as the center of the universe.......
Because Hollywood was created, produced, written, and directed by white people.
Any group of people would have done the exact same thing. That fact is a human reality, and anyone with half a brain should understand that.
The effort to include others at a disproportionate ratio to reality should be enough to satisfy anyone's idea of unfair representation but that doesn't fit into the evil ol whitey perspective.
Evil ol Whitey goes out of his way on a pretty consistent basis to make sure everyone gets enjoy to enjoy the games he invents, pays for and brings to the world and all he does is catch hell for it.
Without whitey there is no Hollywood. Or football or basketball or.........America.
Sorry everyone for being such selfish assholes~whitey

Bowser 08-03-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13657675)
I'm starting to think that as well. Now that the deal is on track I think they want "integration" as soon as possible without lowering the quality of the product to do so. Releasing Dark Phoenix (non-MCU product) now would only further confuse and delay the integration of those characters in the MCU.

The money has already been spent, the debt will be assumed, so why allow a product that may have a ton of conflicts with what you intend to do go out to audiences?

After they finish up with the Infinity War storyline, maybe they can introduce some variation of the latest Secret Wars storyline? That would absolutely let them remake the MCU into anything they want regarding all the properties being under one roof (as it always should have been). It wouldn't be easy, especially the way they've depicted Doom in the movies so far, but it would be fun to watch...

Bowser 08-05-2018 03:39 PM

Hindsight -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tHkzUJ_Sj5Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 08-05-2018 04:03 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/933evWKNqAI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 08-05-2018 04:31 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IQsZASLzlk4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRedChief 08-05-2018 04:31 PM

Got the digital download. I really liked the director discussion on the MCU.

DaFace 08-05-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13660624)
Got the digital download. I really liked the director discussion on the MCU.

Yep, the roundtable discussion is definitely worth the watch.

BUT OMG JAMES GUNN!!11!!1!

(or something like that)

Jamie 08-05-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13657675)

Yeah, since I posted that I've only become more convinced, it just doesn't make any sense to put those movies out. Especially because the rumor is Dark Phoenix is not great and New Mutants is a Fant4stic-level disaster. They can dump them on the Disney app in a few years once the MCU X-Men are established.

joombo 08-06-2018 02:23 AM

Watched it not so long ago, I give it 8/10

Bets one yet of the Marvel universe. I think one of the reason why it worked so well is that the good guys didn't always win, the fight scenes were mostly done well.

Mr. Plow 08-08-2018 06:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/HsBtBxJ.gif

The Franchise 08-20-2018 12:41 PM

If you can get past the annoying voice.....his theory is pretty interesting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wo8czAsn4bs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 08-21-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13683422)
If you can get past the annoying voice.....his theory is pretty interesting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wo8czAsn4bs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Complete stretch.

Bowser 08-21-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13684305)
Complete stretch.

I would agree, but the thing that makes me wonder is the Banner angle. Banner has no memory of being on Sakaar for two years as Hulk, but immediately tells Strange and Co. in the Sanctorum that Thanos is coming as soon as he reverts back from Hulk? I'd say chances aren't that great, especially since they made such a production of telling us how Loki was dead and gone forever, but I wouldn't be shocked. And, that's not mentioning how Valkyrie, Korg, and half the Asgardians aren't among the destroyed ship, either. Hulk probably wanted to hang with his girl Valkyrie if she was put in charge of protecting the other half of the survivors.....

The Franchise 08-21-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13684523)
I would agree, but the thing that makes me wonder is the Banner angle. Banner has no memory of being on Sakaar for two years as Hulk, but immediately tells Strange and Co. in the Sanctorum that Thanos is coming as soon as he reverts back from Hulk? I'd say chances aren't that great, especially since they made such a production of telling us how Loki was dead and gone forever, but I wouldn't be shocked. And, that's not mentioning how Valkyrie, Korg, and half the Asgardians aren't among the destroyed ship, either. Hulk probably wanted to hang with his girl Valkyrie if she was put in charge of protecting the other half of the survivors.....

This is how I was looking at it. Why would Thor/Loki send Valkyrie by herself to guard half of Asgard? My assumption would be that Hulk was with her.

BigRichard 08-21-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13684305)
Complete stretch.

I wouldn't even call it a stretch. Complete BS theory. Just one of the many holes is the scene where Banner is ported away from the fight with Squidward and he is by himself. He is trying to turn into the Hulk when nobody is around and arguing with the Hulk. A Loki Banner would not do that. BS theory.

BigRedChief 08-21-2018 12:03 PM

I'm not buying this Loki is dead dead. They have to bring back Star Lord, SpiderMan, Black Panther etc. why couldn't they bring back Loki? Cause he didn't turn to dust? Come on man....

007 08-21-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13684564)
I wouldn't even call it a stretch. Complete BS theory. Just one of the many holes is the scene where Banner is ported away from the fight with Squidward and he is by himself. He is trying to turn into the Hulk when nobody is around and arguing with the Hulk. A Loki Banner would not do that. BS theory.

Yep

Bowser 08-21-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

And that's why I don't totally believe it. That line when he's in the suit and says "Hulk, we're going to have to come to an understanding" doesn't seem like something Loki would say to himself (unless of course he thought someone was listening over the comms, maybe?). Plus, with Banner and Hulk talking to each other, it opens up the possibility of us seeing Professor Hulk at some point....

Mr. Plow 08-21-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13684847)
I'm not buying this Loki is dead dead. They have to bring back Star Lord, SpiderMan, Black Panther etc. why couldn't they bring back Loki? Cause he didn't turn to dust? Come on man....

Not that they won't bring him back....

But he was dead LONG before the snap. It's different with everyone you listed. They are gone because of the snap.

However, in my opinion, Loki will be back.

Fish 08-21-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Great point. I'm confident it's not some kind of Loki ruse. But I still believe that Loki will come back. Separate issues...

BigRedChief 08-22-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13685773)
Not that they won't bring him back....

But he was dead LONG before the snap. It's different with everyone you listed. They are gone because of the snap.

However, in my opinion, Loki will be back.

It's the MCU, just because he died first and not by the snap doesn't mean he cant be brought back by whatever plot device that Ant Man is going to down there with time. Or it will be some other plot device.

They are going to have an issue in the next movie anyone believing anyone is dead dead. Super heroes die and come back all the time. They just need to stay away from "dead" drama. There is plenty of other type sof drama to use in plots.

Chazno 08-22-2018 08:45 AM

The Russo's have already said why hulk wouldn't come out in IW.

According to the Russos, though, that's not how they saw it.

"A lot of people had interpreted that the Hulk was scared of Thanos. The Hulk has had his ass kicked before, and so it wasn’t like the minute he gets his ass kicked he’s going to run and hide. It’s really the notion that the Hulk and Banner have a very dysfunctional relationship, which was explored even further in Thor: Ragnarok. And I think that relationship is starting to strain between the two of them and the Hulk is not interested in playing the hero to Banner anymore," Joe Russo said. "I don’t know if the Hulk sees the value in the relationship. They both want to control Hulk’s body. The Hulk brings fighting and strength to the table and he’s not quite sure what Banner is bringing yet. So, I think this is becoming a stubborn push and pull between two very despaired personalities stuck in one body."

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/infini...idnt-see-happy

CapsLockKey 08-22-2018 10:05 PM

The hulk buster suit in the rocks part of his theory holds no water either, since Thanos reversed time shortly after to bring back vision. At that point phasing him into the wall wouldn't have happened. Same reason Cap is walking around perfectly fine after Thanos kicked his ass.

CoMoChief 08-22-2018 10:14 PM

If Loki comes back it will be because they go back in time to the 1st Avengers film and possibly they change the course of history in a different reality or something I dont know, there are so many things that could happen. But it's going to involve time travel and the quantum realm. Captain Marvel movie probably won't tell us much except for some end credit scenes. But by then I imagine a teaser trailer for the A4 movie would be out.

PmCakes 08-24-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 13686327)
The Russo's have already said why hulk wouldn't come out in IW.

According to the Russos, though, that's not how they saw it.

"A lot of people had interpreted that the Hulk was scared of Thanos. The Hulk has had his ass kicked before, and so it wasn’t like the minute he gets his ass kicked he’s going to run and hide. It’s really the notion that the Hulk and Banner have a very dysfunctional relationship, which was explored even further in Thor: Ragnarok. And I think that relationship is starting to strain between the two of them and the Hulk is not interested in playing the hero to Banner anymore," Joe Russo said. "I don’t know if the Hulk sees the value in the relationship. They both want to control Hulk’s body. The Hulk brings fighting and strength to the table and he’s not quite sure what Banner is bringing yet. So, I think this is becoming a stubborn push and pull between two very despaired personalities stuck in one body."

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/infini...idnt-see-happy

That's some real deep theory overthinking going on

PmCakes 08-24-2018 10:09 PM

Vision isn't very good at fighting in this film. Especially for how powerful he showed himself to be in Avengers 2.

Bowser 08-24-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PmCakes (Post 13690631)
Vision isn't very good at fighting in this film. Especially for how powerful he showed himself to be in Avengers 2.

Well, he did get ran through with that space spear in Amsterdam. He said it kept him from phasing, so he was basically pretty heavily wounded the entire film.

The thing that annoyed me was that not only did he have an Infinity Stone, but the space spear effectively deflected it. Vision should have vaporized them all with the power of the stone in his forehead, then effectively healed himself with it seeing as how he's an android. But, comic physics and such......

Fish 08-25-2018 10:01 AM

Vision has been heavily nerfed in the MCU especially considering he's had an infinity stone.

PmCakes 08-25-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13690652)
Well, he did get ran through with that space spear in Amsterdam. He said it kept him from phasing, so he was basically pretty heavily wounded the entire film.

The thing that annoyed me was that not only did he have an Infinity Stone, but the space spear effectively deflected it. Vision should have vaporized them all with the power of the stone in his forehead, then effectively healed himself with it seeing as how he's an android. But, comic physics and such......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13690934)
Vision has been heavily nerfed in the MCU especially considering he's had an infinity stone.

That's what I was getting at it. so disappointing. And we should feel robbed not seeing the time stone at use by Strange at all.

Bowser 08-25-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PmCakes (Post 13691146)
That's what I was getting at it. so disappointing. And we should feel robbed not seeing the time stone at use by Strange at all.

We don't know if that's the case or not...….

PmCakes 08-26-2018 09:58 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/bc1yRLpDat9u0/giphy.gif

Rausch 08-29-2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13692735)
We don't know if that's the case or not...….

When Thanos used all the stones it burned his arm up. When Squidward tried to take the Time stone from Strange that burned his hand in a similar way. Did Strange put some spell on the time stone that he knew would weaken Thanos/gauntlet if he activated it?...

The Franchise 08-29-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13697815)
When Thanos used all the stones it burned his arm up. When Squidward tried to take the Time stone from Strange that burned his hand in a similar way. Did Strange put some spell on the time stone that he knew would weaken Thanos/gauntlet if he activated it?...

Ebony Maw's hand burned because of the spell that Strange had put on the necklace that was holding the time stone. He didn't burn his hand on the actual time stone.

Direckshun 08-29-2018 11:00 AM

The directors did say using the gauntlet took a toll on Thanos physically, as well as the gauntlet itself.

I didn't catch Thanos' arms as he fell into the wormhole to escape Wakanda. It's possible there's a weaker version of him in the next film.

PmCakes 08-29-2018 12:20 PM

The first scene of the next movie should be Thor using StormBreaker to travel to Titan and rescue Tony

Gravedigger 08-29-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PmCakes (Post 13698332)
The first scene of the next movie should be Thor using StormBreaker to travel to Titan and rescue Tony

Problem is he doesn't know he's there. The only person who is getting them off Titan is Nebula.

PmCakes 08-29-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13698366)
Problem is he doesn't know he's there. The only person who is getting them off Titan is Nebula.

True... they would have to piece clues together and assume he's there. Interesting.

luv 08-29-2018 01:05 PM

Rented this last week so that we could watch it a little more closely than we did in the theater. There were several little things, but one obvious thing I missed the first time was putting together that Dr. Strange said that he would not hesitate to let Spiderman and Tony die in order to save the time stone, then said there was only one possible outcome where they were victorious, and then say that it was the "only way" whenever he actually did give up the time stone to save Tony's life.

CoMoChief 09-13-2018 10:35 AM

ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NcEbZ_vexA8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 09-18-2018 01:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jPNhqWTFrZk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 03-27-2019 10:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Angelina Jolie is reportedly in talks to star in <a href="https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MarvelStudios</a>&#39; THE ETERNALS movie! <a href="https://t.co/j07ux5szZQ">https://t.co/j07ux5szZQ</a> <a href="https://t.co/paZDTSfkBU">pic.twitter.com/paZDTSfkBU</a></p>&mdash; MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1111059898597605378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fish 03-27-2019 10:14 PM

Eternals? Wow... there's all kinds of ways they could take that. Could be crazy.....

Kman34 03-28-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13698178)
The directors did say using the gauntlet took a toll on Thanos physically, as well as the gauntlet itself.

I didn't catch Thanos' arms as he fell into the wormhole to escape Wakanda. It's possible there's a weaker version of him in the next film.

He is also weakened by Thor’s axe wound...

Rausch 04-01-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14184000)
He is also weakened by Thor’s axe wound...

The gauntlet healed that.

Rausch 04-01-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14183906)
Eternals? Wow... there's all kinds of ways they could take that. Could be crazy.....

I was never a fan but it all depends on who writes and who directs...

Rausch 04-01-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13698366)

If cap marvel has a space beeper I’m sure rocket has a space clicker to find his car...

Sassy Squatch 04-11-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnparet (Post 14202742)
Hi,

Infinity war is a very nice and my favorite game but if anyone need to play games like skyrim then you need to visit here. Hope you will like it.

Cheers!

Thanks for siggestion on where to play game like skyrim

sully1983 04-11-2019 06:59 PM

Do you guys think this will beat Avatar at the box office?

Sorry 04-12-2019 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14203105)

Depends on if it's legit epic. It will naturally get too ten all time revenue but beating avatar will require some word of mouth and high praising

Shaid 04-12-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14202749)
Thanks for siggestion on where to play game like skyrim

I also want play game like skyrim. Me for to like.

ToxSocks 04-12-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14203105)

Damn, i didn't realize Avatar was still at the top.

Shaid 04-12-2019 10:51 AM

I absolutely think it beats Avatar. It's the culmination of a decade of films. It's breaking pre-sale records for advanced tickets, etc.

Talisman 04-12-2019 12:03 PM

Avatar's numbers were bolstered by 3D ticket sales since it was promoted as being created in 3D from the ground up. Feels like a lot less people are paying the extra for the glasses nowadays. Could make the difference.

Sorry 04-12-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman (Post 14203802)
Avatar's numbers were bolstered by 3D ticket sales since it was promoted as being created in 3D from the ground up. Feels like a lot less people are paying the extra for the glasses nowadays. Could make the difference.

Wasn't it in theaters longer than average?

ThaVirus 04-12-2019 12:53 PM

Avengers: Infinity War

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14203842)

Probably. Any movie that makes the top 5 all-time is going to need some serious legs.

People returning for repeat viewings makes a hell of a difference.

Shaid 04-12-2019 02:35 PM

That is true. The repeat viewings is what will make or break it to get over that hump.

sully1983 04-13-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14203842)

Correct. Avatar was released in December 2009 and had very little competition (only Sherlock Holmes really) .

Avatar had serious legs and was #1 at the box office for quite some . It really did come out at the perfect time and highlighted the 3D craze which definitely helped out its box office big time .

Whats even more insane is that Avatar made about $700 million + over Infinity War . :eek:
Domestic: $760,507,625 27.3%
+ Foreign: $2,027,457,462 72.7%

= Worldwide: $2,787,965,087

compared to Infinity War
Domestic: $678,815,482 33.1%
+ Foreign: $1,369,544,272 66.9%
= Worldwide: $2,048,359,754

I do think Endgame will most likely blow by Avatar domestically but worldwide might be another story.

Sorry 04-13-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14205268)
Correct. Avatar was released in December 2009 and had very little competition (only Sherlock Holmes really) .

Avatar had serious legs and was #1 at the box office for quite some . It really did come out at the perfect time and highlighted the 3D craze which definitely helped out its box office big time .

Whats even more insane is that Avatar made about $700 million + over Infinity War . :eek:
Domestic: $760,507,625 27.3%
+ Foreign: $2,027,457,462 72.7%

= Worldwide: $2,787,965,087

compared to Infinity War
Domestic: $678,815,482 33.1%
+ Foreign: $1,369,544,272 66.9%
= Worldwide: $2,048,359,754

I do think Endgame will most likely blow by Avatar domestically but worldwide might be another story.

Damn that's crazy! What's crazy is the story to Avatar was absolutely generic. Do you happenen to know if there is much difference in inflation from then to now?

keg in kc 04-13-2019 10:46 PM

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm