ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs 53 Man Roster Prediction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323539)

staylor26 08-26-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14410444)
Could Damien Wilson be....good?

He's not a dynamo out there or anything but it sure does seem hard to spot him making mistakes out there. He seems awfully steady.

He looks solid. No doubt about it. Probably just got lost in the shuffle with all that talent at LB in Dallas.

O.city 08-26-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14410419)
That ultimately seems to make the most sense, they just don't seem to be in a rush to get there..

I'm starting to get a little O.Citied (consider this my petition to have 'concerned' auto-correct to 'o.citied') that they don't have any idea what they want to do with any of these guys. We're awfully far down the road to not really have ANY of your starting LBs set.

Look at it this way - is there any combination of Hitchens/Lee/Wilson/Ragland that they could start as starting LBs in a base formation that would just surprised the hell out of you? I mean apart from maybe Lee in the middle with Hitchens at Sam and Ragland at Will.

But that's about as weird as I can make it and even that wouldn't really floor me. They just seem to be throwing all 4 of those guys at all 3 positions just to see what the hell might stick.

It's either a positive (versatility!!!) or a sign that they're still searching for anything that works. Given the fairly spotty track records of all of them, the latter sure seems more likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14410424)
It strikes me as they have no idea what those guys are so they're just seeing what they can do, also the depth is kinda shitty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14410436)
Ragland looked better at SAM vs San Fran than he ever has playing MLB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14410444)
Could Damien Wilson be....good?

He's not a dynamo out there or anything but it sure does seem hard to spot him making mistakes out there. He seems awfully steady.

Yeah, i thought Ragland looked atleast competent at the SAM spot, he can blitz a little there too.

But as DJ said here, Wilson has just looked...good. Physical, fast, etc.

Just put him at the Sam spot, Hitch in the middle and Lee out wide and go from there.

O.city 08-26-2019 01:04 PM

As staylor said, with House at the LB coach, i'm guessing he knows whats up.

So they're either unsure or they're just fiddling around.

O.city 08-26-2019 01:27 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Okafor is going to help this year. Does a nice job just manhandling the TE backward, forces the pulling OL to deal with him (and still keeps forcing the play wide). <br><br>Hitchens again arriving a split second earlier than he was last year after pausing in case of a cutback <a href="https://t.co/WVudAbO6IQ">pic.twitter.com/WVudAbO6IQ</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1166066715488395264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

look at Okafor here. Damn.

staylor26 08-26-2019 01:32 PM

Okafor is the most underrated move of the offseason.

He’s a good player, and the reason I roll my eyes when the media says we’re replacing Ford and Houston with one guy.

O.city 08-26-2019 01:34 PM

I dont' think he'll be a potential 14 sack guy by any means, but he could or should get 7or 8. Get those other 6 or 7 from Kpass and co and you're fine.

It's all about pressure anyway. Just rack up as many pressures as you can.

staylor26 08-26-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14410477)
I dont' think he'll be a potential 14 sack guy by any means, but he could or should get 7or 8. Get those other 6 or 7 from Kpass and co and you're fine.

It's all about pressure anyway. Just rack up as many pressures as you can.

Absolutely not, but if he gets 7 or 8 that’s not far off form Houston’s 9. Not saying he’s as good, but Houston and Ford aren’t as good as Clark either.

O.city 08-26-2019 01:47 PM

Hopefully Clark is a 16/17 sack guy this year. That would be awesome.

staylor26 08-26-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14410493)
Hopefully Clark is a 16/17 sack guy this year. That would be awesome.

I’m surprised more people aren’t excited about him after Saturday night. He looked really ****ing good.

O.city 08-26-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14410543)
I’m surprised more people aren’t excited about him after Saturday night. He looked really ****ing good.

He definitely did.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up for sure a double digit sack guy year in year out. He's good.

What do you guys think he and Jones combine for sack wise this year?

I'll go 28.

staylor26 08-26-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14410554)
He definitely did.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up for sure a double digit sack guy year in year out. He's good.

What do you guys think he and Jones combine for sack wise this year?

I'll go 28.

I’ll say 25. Okafor adds 6. Tanoh adds 4.

O.city 08-26-2019 02:15 PM

I was probably too high. Jones total may come down a bit this year.

staylor26 08-26-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14410564)
I was probably too high. Jones total may come down a bit this year.

Exactly what I’m thinking.

Clark 14. Jones 11.

But I think Jones is a better overall player in 2019.

O.city 08-26-2019 04:14 PM

That's probably pretty close.

I hope the LB'ers haven't gotten drilled so much on stopping the run that they just get sucked up in play action continuously and leave our CB's in bad spots. It's all gotta work together.

If we're gonna play zone and cover 3 a lot, those LB's have to get depth to give these guys a chance on the back end.

DJ's left nut 08-26-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14410570)
Exactly what I’m thinking.

Clark 14. Jones 11.

But I think Jones is a better overall player in 2019.

Clark 13-15
Jones 10-12
Okafor 6-8
K-Pass 4-6

Middle of all those numbers gets you 37 and I think you'd have to be pretty happy with that. Ford, Houston, Jones, Bailey and Williams combined for 46 last year with Speaks, Ragland and Smith getting 3 more for 49 total sacks from the DL/LBs. If we can get another 2-3 from the other T position and another 4-5 from the Sam then you end up right around the same kind of pass-rush productivity with substantially improved run defense.