ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official 2017-18 NHL Season Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310578)

NJChiefsFan 04-01-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13498161)
Flyers are 5-1 against the Caps during the season. Let's see how that works out for them in the playoffs.

Well we know the Caps will lose early to someone. Flyers are not locked into the seven seed get though.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13498161)
Flyers are 5-1 against the Caps during the season. Let's see how that works out for them in the playoffs.

Just beat the bandwagon fan laden Pens if you play em please.

DaNewGuy 04-01-2018 01:02 PM

Haven't posted in here much lately but Cats had a good streak going for awhile. Dadonov and Troch really were tearing it up during our run. Too bad dropped 4 road games recently, unless devils collapse were not getting in. Lou is about done and if Reimer was in net during those games we'd probably be ahead in the wild card race

Otter 04-01-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13498658)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13498260)
Well we know the Caps will lose early to someone. Flyers are not locked into the seven seed get though.

I know Flyers don't match up all that well against the pens but I love when they play each other for the same reason I love when the Chiefs play donx and faid. Believe me, no one hates the pens or that smarmy **** crosby more than myself.

Didn't realize there were three more games left in the season. Just checked out the schedule. Been busy and not paying attention.

NJChiefsFan 04-01-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13498666)
Haven't posted in here much lately but Cats had a good streak going for awhile. Dadonov and Troch really were tearing it up during our run. Too bad dropped 4 road games recently, unless devils collapse were not getting in. Lou is about done and if Reimer was in net during those games we'd probably be ahead in the wild card race

The Panthers really scared me for a while. I think if the devils win tonight I can start to breath easier. The Panthers schedule has finally started to become difficult again.

In the end the devils beat a ton of great teams and the Panthers lost to some bad ones and got killed by a good one. That's the difference. Beating Nashville, la, Pittsburgh, Vegas, and Tampa in 10 days earned them the position.

St. Patty's Fire 04-01-2018 05:34 PM

Islanders should be moved to KC imho

banecat 04-01-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDONsey (Post 13498927)
Islanders should be moved to KC imho

I second, and third this move. My favorite team, and in KC. Oh, and hells yeah. But doesn't Seattle have an inside track over KC?

Mother****erJones 04-01-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13498658)

Hey hey now

CaliforniaChief 04-01-2018 05:52 PM

Seattle's going to get an expansion team in 2020. Or 2021? Anyways, they get an expansion team. KC's only hope would be the move of a franchise.

And even then, there's a lot of momentum to bring a team to Quebec City or another Canadian city before they'd come to the US.

That said, I'm a huge Kings fan but I'd totally be on board with whatever team would move to KC.

Teams with bad situations? Arizona, Carolina, ?

CaliforniaChief 04-01-2018 05:54 PM

In terms of the playoffs, I'm really only watching the west right now. That was a BAD loss for the Blues last night, but I'm not surprised. Arizona's playing some of the best hockey in the league right now.

The Avalanche's season hangs in the balance over the next two nights. In Anaheim tonight, in LA tomorrow.

I think both Pacific teams will get in...and it's between STL and COL for the last spot...advantage STL.

banecat 04-01-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13498943)
Seattle's going to get an expansion team in 2020. Or 2021? Anyways, they get an expansion team. KC's only hope would be the move of a franchise.

And even then, there's a lot of momentum to bring a team to Quebec City or another Canadian city before they'd come to the US.

That said, I'm a huge Kings fan but I'd totally be on board with whatever team would move to KC.

Teams with bad situations? Arizona, Carolina, ?

The Kansas City Coyotes has a nice ring to it, and I'm sure that Houston will be likely changing the name from Hurricanes to something else unless KC beats them to the punch, and enough time passes after the events of last August

CaliforniaChief 04-01-2018 06:13 PM

I play NHL 18 and I like to start a new franchise in KC...I call 'em the Monarchs. Pays homage to Negro League heritage, stays in line with the royalty theme of KC sports.

Won't happen, though...Sprint Center's already behind other venues, and there isn't a group to make it happen.

banecat 04-01-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13498991)
I play NHL 18 and I like to start a new franchise in KC...I call 'em the Monarchs. Pays homage to Negro League heritage, stays in line with the royalty theme of KC sports.

Won't happen, though...Sprint Center's already behind other venues, and there isn't a group to make it happen.

I know that the expansion fee is almost ridiculous. Is there a relocation fee, or just finding and owner, and such?

banecat 04-01-2018 06:22 PM

I also like Monarchs, or Crowns to keep in with the royalty theme

CaliforniaChief 04-01-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13498998)
I know that the expansion fee is almost ridiculous. Is there a relocation fee, or just finding and owner, and such?

There's a fee for everything. Not sure what it would be now. Vegas is going to think they got a steal when they see Seattle's fee. Not sure what relocation would cost.