ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

KCrockaholic 02-05-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9380001)
Actually. He did the smart thing and decided to hone his craft and fix the flaws in his game. He'll throw at the combine and silence the idiots there. His only big knock is his footwork. Other than that, any knock on him is either due to system, or opinion that MAYBE he can't read a defense.

Pretty sure he plans on shutting those idiots up at the white board.

The idiots will never be silenced.

-King- 02-05-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9380036)
Absolutely true. If the Facebook, Twitter and radio idiots aren't proof enough, you won't sway King's opinion.

It's an idiot fanbase. Period. We get too much credit as a whole.

King, your friends who know Albert is a good LT and Geno should be the pick are the exception, not the rule.

Like I said, go to any chiefs message board, and the majority or people there want to take a QB.

And for every single person on twitter that you can find advocating Joeckel, I can find more on the Geno bandwagon.

Like Parkins said, the text line blew up when they started talking about replacing Albert with Joeckel and not addressing the QB position.

Hammock Parties 02-05-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9380044)
The idiots will never be silenced.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...TE/MACHETE.gif

KCUnited 02-05-2013 01:10 PM

Albert calling into the Parkin's show and stating that he wants to stay in KC bucked a lot of fans off the Joeckel bandwagon.

The Bad Guy 02-05-2013 01:11 PM

Miller's such a coward. Saying "I mock based on what evaluators from teams are telling me" is an easy way to remove yourself from your work and say "I'm just writing what I'm told".

Does he think everyone is stupid? Yeah, right, the goof from Bleacher Report talks to moles in 32 organizations?

Ha.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9380065)
Like I said, go to any chiefs message board, and the majority or people there want to take a QB.

And for every single person on twitter that you can find advocating Joeckel, I can find more on the Geno bandwagon.

Like Parkins said, the text line blew up when they started talking about replacing Albert with Joeckel and not addressing the QB position.

Have you stopped by the kcchiefs message board today? I'm slamming home Geno. It's amazing the resistance I'm getting over there.

-King- 02-05-2013 01:15 PM

And of course radio hosts are going to pick callers that disagree with them. Like I've said before, it wouldn't be very compelling radio if the all of the call they answered agreed with them. That wouldn't spark ANY discussions or boost any ratings.

That's why this morning even thought they were both on board with re-signing Albert, the majority of calls they took on the issue were from people who didn't want to sign Albert. How compelling would it be if they just answered calls that agreed with them?

silver5liter 02-05-2013 01:17 PM

Why does 810 keep having zobel on here? he is a reerun

-King- 02-05-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9380086)
Have you stopped by the kcchiefs message board today? I'm slamming home Geno. It's amazing the resistance I'm getting over there.

Yeah, I see you. At this point the only resistance really is Don. He's easily the biggest troll on that site. Posts no facts yet wants to argue everything.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-05-2013 01:36 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...owl-mock-draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs -- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

The recent success of second- and third-round quarterbacks is either a new trend or an outlier, because from 2001-2010, only two quarterback selected in that two round span can be considered dependable starters (Drew Brees and Matt Schaub). With that said, there is large group of signal callers that could be considered second- or third-round talents this season. Kansas City and Andy Reid can’t afford to wait on whichever one might fall to the outside of the first-round, instead, this is one of the few opportunities a team can chose their favorite from the entire bunch. Here is more on the QB Problem from Eric Stoner.

silver5liter 02-05-2013 01:44 PM

Im seriously confused why Zobel gets attention. He just said that Geno is erratic with his throws... yes that is evident by his many interceptions....

Jerm 02-05-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9380083)
Miller's such a coward. Saying "I mock based on what evaluators from teams are telling me" is an easy way to remove yourself from your work and say "I'm just writing what I'm told".

Does he think everyone is stupid? Yeah, right, the goof from Bleacher Report talks to moles in 32 organizations?

Ha.

Its funny because yesterday he tweeted saying until FA gets here all his mocks will be based off team needs..........yet he still has us taking Joeckel over a QB.

Used to like the guy but now he's beyond useless.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9379973)
Holy shit my point went over your head
Posted via Mobile Device

No it absolutely didn't. It's obvious you don't get it.

Messier 02-05-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9380108)
Why does 810 keep having zobel on here? he is a reerun

I think it's interesting he thinks Wilson is better than Smith. I have my doubts as to to who the best QB will be out of this draft. They all have fail potential. A lot of it is going to be coaching, draft and the intangibles, which is why I like our chances no matter who they draft. I think Reid will get the most out of whoever they take.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9380065)

So callers, that we can actually HEAR, are staged to present a one-sided story.

But the text line, which only Parkins can see, is a completely unbiased source.

ROFL