ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348136)

BigRedChief 03-15-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17445365)
Mo is so bad at his job he should run for office after he finishes ruining the Cardinals.

That’s ssshole would fit right in with the other assholes.

Marcellus 03-15-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17445341)
What is the Albert and Molina shenanigans?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STLCards?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#STLCards</a> want Oli Marmol to work. And if you want Oli Marmol to work, there&#39;s no way you let him go into 2024 with compromised roster (OF injuries), THAT start to schedule (brutal) and the Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina shenanigans swirling all at once. So you do this instead.</p>&mdash; Ben Frederickson (@Ben_Fred) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Fred/status/1768688803550462285?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

People calling for Albert and or Molina to be the manager.

BigRedChief 03-15-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17445373)

They can’t be worse than Marmol.

DJ's left nut 03-15-2024 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17445260)
Wish Mo would go on a booze cruise with Danny Mac

I wish he'd go for a Sunday drive with Josh Hancock.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-15-2024 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17445373)

Good lord

Jewish Rabbi 03-15-2024 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17445924)
I wish he'd go for a Sunday drive with Josh Hancock.

Take a plane ride with Roy Halladay

raybec 4 03-18-2024 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17445833)
They can’t be worse than Marmol.

Yes, actually they could be worse. Nothing leads us to believe they would be any better either.

DJ's left nut 03-18-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17448458)
Yes, actually they could be worse. Nothing leads us to believe they would be any better either.

Did Oliver Marmol do a single thing that helped this team last season?

Did players develop under him? Did the clubhouse pull on the same side of the rope? Were tactical decisions made that helped the club?

A Labrador Retriever and a random number generator wouldn't have been any worse. Any better? Oh hell, who knows? But Oliver Marmol didn't do a single thing adequately last season. He didn't handle his staff, his clubhouse, external pressures, internal strife, his bench, his starting 9....nothing...with any aplomb.

I mean I guess Albert Pujols could show up and decide that Goldschmidt should be pitching and Contreras should be playing shortstop but that strikes me as unlikely.

Given the range of reasonable outcomes, i think it's fair to say that no - there is no chance at all that either of those guys could be WORSE than Oliver Marmol. Because Marmol did absolutely nothing to help this team win ballgames last season.

raybec 4 03-18-2024 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17448463)
Did Oliver Marmol do a single thing that helped this team last season?

Did players develop under him? Did the clubhouse pull on the same side of the rope? Were tactical decisions made that helped the club?

A Labrador Retriever and a random number generator wouldn't have been any worse. Any better? Oh hell, who knows? But Oliver Marmol didn't do a single thing adequately last season. He didn't handle his staff, his clubhouse, external pressures, internal strife, his bench, his starting 9....nothing...with any aplomb.

I mean I guess Albert Pujols could show up and decide that Goldschmidt should be pitching and Contreras should be playing shortstop but that strikes me as unlikely.

Given the range of reasonable outcomes, i think it's fair to say that no - there is no chance at all that either of those guys could be WORSE than Oliver Marmol. Because Marmol did absolutely nothing to help this team win ballgames last season.

You are probably right. I honestly don't have anything I can point to that says "Marmol is the reason this is better". Albert has some personal service contract with the Angels so I have no idea if he could work that out. I swear to God I think it would take Yadi all of two weeks to alienate himself from the front office and he'd never survive under Mo.

DJ's left nut 03-18-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17448947)
You are probably right. I honestly don't have anything I can point to that says "Marmol is the reason this is better". Albert has some personal service contract with the Angels so I have no idea if he could work that out. I swear to God I think it would take Yadi all of two weeks to alienate himself from the front office and he'd never survive under Mo.

There'd be benefits to that as well.

Cutting Mike Shildt off at the knees, a career Cardinal but bookish minor league nerd, ruffled feathers but not enough to effectuate meaningful change.

Now ask yourself if John Mozeliak, who got booed at Busch Stadium, is gonna walk away intact from a power struggle with Yadier Molina?

I suspect not.

The problem is that he knows it. And that's why Oliver Marmol has a contract extension. He NEEDS Marmol to work for at least long enough to finagle one last contract extension of his own. And once that happens, he can go ahead and install Molina if he wants. Because if it fails - who cares? He's on his way out anyway.

This is all one last gasp by Mozliak to get one more 4 year extension and ride that into the sunset.

BigRedChief 03-19-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17448984)
This is all one last gasp by Mozliak to get one more 4 year extension and ride that into the sunset.

4 more years of this shit? :shake:

DJ's left nut 03-19-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17449752)
4 more years of this shit? :shake:

Oh I don't think it's gonna work.

It's just what he's trying to pull off.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2024 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17449754)
Oh I don't think it's gonna work.

It's just what he's trying to pull off.

The ownership group think he's doing a great job...

DJ's left nut 03-19-2024 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17450091)
The ownership group think he's doing a great job...

Yeah. Well. Just wait until they get the attendance figures this season.

They can lie to the public and hide behind empty seats that were 'sold' to groups with sponsorship tie-ins all they want. Behind the scenes, they know exactly what's real and what isn't.

And what's real is going to be some MASSIVE revenue losses this season because nobody is going to go out to watch this sorry-ass franchise.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17450116)
Yeah. Well. Just wait until they get the attendance figures this season.

They can lie to the public and hide behind empty seats that were 'sold' to groups with sponsorship tie-ins all they want. Behind the scenes, they know exactly what's real and what isn't.

And what's real is going to be some MASSIVE revenue losses this season because nobody is going to go out to watch this sorry-ass franchise.

That Downtown area is becoming more and more of a dump as well, so yeah taking a family down there to a third world shit hole to see this uninspiring and bland roster/manager is going to be a brutal hit. Downtown parks!!!! Sooooo awesome!!!