ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

GloryDayz 09-08-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12410349)
Thanks. The treatment hit me harder than usual, but in some different ways. Usually, my hands tingle and hurt so that I have to wave my arms around to get bloodflow going again. I had little tingling this time, but felt much weaker and tired. Nausea was a bit below normal. I slept ok until I wrapped myself up in the plastic tubing to my pump. So I had to turn on a flashlight and see which way to get unraveled. My appetite is good this morning and I have to take four pills. I feel a bit stronger, too. No cold juice, though. Back to the room temperature sodas, water, and juice.

I;m glad to hear it all. Mostly I'm glad that you're fighting like hell and kicking its ass. We love ya man, keep kicking all...

Easy 6 09-08-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Thanks. The treatment hit me harder than usual, but in some different ways. Usually, my hands tingle and hurt so that I have to wave my arms around to get bloodflow going again. I had little tingling this time, but felt much weaker and tired. Nausea was a bit below normal. I slept ok until I wrapped myself up in the plastic tubing to my pump. So I had to turn on a flashlight and see which way to get unraveled. My appetite is good this morning and I have to take four pills. I feel a bit stronger, too. No cold juice, though. Back to the room temperature sodas, water, and juice.

All in all things are sounding positive, just keep doing what ya gotta do... this too shall pass

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-08-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a step up over the last outing, man. Just keep swinging!

patteeu 09-08-2016 06:58 PM

Keep truckin, Lonewolf Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 09-10-2016 08:56 AM

I got my chemo pump unhooked yesterday at noon, went to my first of two 30th class reunion events last night where we easily had over 70 show up and had a fabulous time. I am looking forward to the main event tonight, too. I was able to last until midnight and saw lots of damage around the house this morning, namely my big red bud tree got knocked over flat, driveway washed out, and lots of little limbs all over. I am pumped for tonight and tomorrow at noon, there is something... what is it... oh, yeah... CHIEFS game!!! I can't have a customary beer at kickoff to wish the team a great season, but I will next weekend instead. I will deal with storm damage in due time and at my own pace, but for now, it is down on my list of worries.

Rausch 09-10-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12414853)
I got my chemo pump unhooked yesterday at noon, went to my first of two 30th class reunion events last night where we easily had over 70 show up and had a fabulous time. I am looking forward to the main event tonight, too. I was able to last until midnight and saw lots of damage around the house this morning, namely my big red bud tree got knocked over flat, driveway washed out, and lots of little limbs all over. I am pumped for tonight and tomorrow at noon, there is something... what is it... oh, yeah... CHIEFS game!!! I can't have a customary beer at kickoff to wish the team a great season, but I will next weekend instead. I will deal with storm damage in due time and at my own pace, but for now, it is down on my list of worries.

You can always have an n/a beer and "simulate" the experience. :D

Lonewolf Ed 09-10-2016 09:02 AM

Bleh! I have yet to find one that was any good.

Rausch 09-10-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12414862)
Bleh! I have yet to find one that was any good.

Busch is the only drinkable n/a.

Everything else is piss...

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-10-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12414853)

Awesome, man! w00t!

Fat Elvis 09-10-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12414874)
Busch is the only drinkable n/a.

Everything else is piss...

FYP

Rausch 09-10-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 12414989)
FYP

At no point would I, of all people, ever recommend that someone shouldn't imbibe.

However, if they can't, due to medical reasons (and only upon that reasoning,) that piss is the best piss of the piss offered...

Lonewolf Ed 09-21-2016 04:44 AM

I did have a Samuel Adams Octoberfest at kickoff vs. Houston. The beer was great, the game, not so much.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-21-2016 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12440094)
I did have a Samuel Adams Octoberfest at kickoff vs. Houston. The beer was great, the game, not so much.

I'm glad you were able to have a beer, Ed. I hope things are looking up are for you.

DaNewGuy 09-21-2016 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12440094)

What's on tap for this Sunday?

Lonewolf Ed 09-21-2016 06:35 AM

Since I won't have chemo until Monday, another Sam Adams!