ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280244)

-King- 03-26-2015 10:11 PM

I hated Signal. The beginning was interesting as hell, but the end was horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen 03-27-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11402289)
FF6 was fun but incredibly stupid and way too long. Runway scene took longer than most TV show episodes. It was just ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile Device

That pretty much describes every Fast and Furious movie. I enjoy them but they are definitely not great movies. You have to turn off your brain for a lot of the driving scenes.

Lzen 03-27-2015 02:55 PM

Anyone seen Insurgent yet? I have read the first 2 books in the trilogy and have enjoyed them. Saw the first movie and it was okay. Going to see this movie tonight.

DJJasonp 03-27-2015 04:51 PM

Watched "kill the messenger" last night.....enjoyed it....had read a lot on the topic previously....so nothing came to me as a shock in the film.

Im assuming if you dont know the bakckground, youll probably enjoy the film even more.

Miles 03-28-2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 11406777)
That pretty much describes every Fast and Furious movie. I enjoy them but they are definitely not great movies. You have to turn off your brain for a lot of the driving scenes.

That is exactly why I like them a lot. Obviously super dumb but there are pretty damn entertaining if you get what they are and go with it. A few movies ago they seemed to realize this and helped keep the franchise rolling.

Ceej 03-28-2015 06:44 PM

This won't be popular here, but, man, Get Hard was ****ing hilarious.

And yes, I'm a Ferrell and Hart mark.

Coochie liquor 03-29-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 11408408)
This won't be popular here, but, man, Get Hard was ****ing hilarious.

And yes, I'm a Ferrell and Hart mark.

It looks really hilarious. I wanna see it for sure!!

Rausch 04-05-2015 07:42 AM

Watched "Mine Games."

Not bad. 3 of 5 stars.

This flick could have been a lot better if a few things were more fleshed out (like the "psychic" girl and what was going on with her) but still not bad. A decent horror/sci-fi you won't hate, has a few good surprises, and overall enjoyable if you don't need everything spelled out for you...

Fire Me Boy! 04-05-2015 07:56 AM

Watched The Imitation Game yesterday. Excellent, excellent flick.

Bowser 04-05-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11419877)
Watched The Imitation Game yesterday. Excellent, excellent flick.

Agreed. Fantastic job by all the actors and a fascinating story. Highly recommend.

Great Expectations 04-05-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 11406913)
Watched "kill the messenger" last night.....enjoyed it....had read a lot on the topic previously....so nothing came to me as a shock in the film.

Im assuming if you dont know the bakckground, youll probably enjoy the film even more.

I thought this was a great film and pretty messed up story. I didn't know very much about it, I'm going to do some research now.

-King- 04-05-2015 10:46 PM

Watched Safety Not Guaranteed. Really liked it.

Also watched a bit of Upstream Color. Hated it to the point I had to turn it off. While reading more about it, I saw someone say exactly what I was thinking about Shane Carruth. He has amazing concepts and great ideas, but he's not good as a story teller.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 04-05-2015 11:05 PM

Finally caught John Carter. I missed the first part of it. I basically came in when he was going to Mars, but it was a good flick.

Worth the time.

Rausch 04-06-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11420860)
Watched Safety Not Guaranteed. Really liked it.

Also watched a bit of Upstream Color. Hated it to the point I had to turn it off. While reading more about it, I saw someone say exactly what I was thinking about Shane Carruth. He has amazing concepts and great ideas, but he's not good as a story teller.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have absolutely no idea how the same person made that POS and Primer.

Primer is probably one of the top 10 best sci-fi movies of all time.

I also watched I, ORIGINS yesterday and really liked it.
Mostly a flick about science being able to prove or disprove religion/reincarnation and the scientist who struggles with it. Brit Marling is solid as the lab assistant. I'm quickly falling in love with this woman...

mikeyis4dcats. 04-06-2015 08:07 AM

Home. Meh.