ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   WTF is with Mahomes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340319)

Wallcrawler 11-09-2021 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15944349)
oh I know it's just Pete but he aggravates the **** out of me with his pre halftime threads when we aren't up 20 points and something not going right it's discussed in game thread but he has to be a negative Nancy or a Karen. Hey mods can we change Petes name to Karen?

A disturbing trend has started when we shit on our qb after a win when he makes a highlight reel play to seal it.

Guy threw for like 800 yards in a game in college and lost. He's never been worried about numbers, he just wants to win.

This offensive unit has been out of sorts all season. It's not just Patrick. Brown gets blown by like he's standing still, revolving door at rt, trash running backs, guys dropping EASY PASSES RIGHT IN THEIR ****ING HANDS,, a slew of fumbles, tip drills, and interceptions, all exacerbated by a historically terrible defense.

I'm sure the wide open Kelce play everyone shitting on Mahomes is fapping to, Kelce got in his ear in the huddle, because very next play what happens? Pat goes right to him and Kelce drops the ****ing football. Then Tyreek slips for the 8 thousandth time this season with his shitty cleats and we are 3 n out.

But the blame is all on Pat for trying a deep shot to Hardman on first down.

K.

Tribal Warfare 11-09-2021 12:51 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I was totally depressed the entire Chiefs game… until that final play. Patrick Mahomes looked like Patrick Mahomes for the first time in a month. <br><br>I truly believe that singular throw is going to snap him out of this funk. <a href="https://t.co/6p0PGidrje">https://t.co/6p0PGidrje</a></p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1457699280475590659?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin 11-09-2021 01:09 AM

oh it
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15944355)
A disturbing trend has started when we shit on our qb after a win when he makes a highlight reel play to seal it.

Guy threw for like 800 yards in a game in college and lost. He's never been worried about numbers, he just wants to win.

This offensive unit has been out of sorts all season. It's not just Patrick. Brown gets blown by like he's standing still, revolving door at rt, trash running backs, guys dropping EASY PASSES RIGHT IN THEIR ****ING HANDS,, a slew of fumbles, tip drills, and interceptions, all exacerbated by a historically terrible defense.

I'm sure the wide open Kelce play everyone shitting on Mahomes is fapping to, Kelce got in his ear in the huddle, because very next play what happens? Pat goes right to him and Kelce drops the ****ing football. Then Tyreek slips for the 8 thousandth time this season with his shitty cleats and we are 3 n out.

K.

Even in the Super Bowl he made a heroic throw as he was sideways mid air throwing thirty yards into the end zone hitting his target but dropped. That to me was the play of the game and I love Patrick for making that play even if it wasn't caught it was a HOF throw.

PAChiefsGuy 11-09-2021 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15944355)

K.

QBs get more credit than they should and they also get more blame than they should when things go bad. It's just how it is.

He's got a HOF offensive minded HC, HOF TE, and HOF WR. He's got plenty of help. He's been playing like shit lately. He will snap out of it. I've got confidence in him. But anyone saying he hasn't been playing like trash is just in denial.

I agree that Kelce has been off as well but it starts w QB.
Hard to get in a rhythm when QB is constantly throwing the ball either too high, behind, or just a plain overthrow.

Chris Meck 11-09-2021 07:14 AM

Anyone wanting to bench Mahomes is insane. Anyone who can't figure out what's going on isn't very perceptive. It's really not complicated.

He just needs to be a little less Favre right now, and a little more Tom Brady and all will be fine.

Defenses are betting on him being the gunslinger who will ignore the easy first down to go for the home run ball. So he needs to make them pay for that. And he will, sooner or later.

By the way, you guys throwing out that 4. whatever ypa stat-you do realize that the deep ball incompletions count in that percentage, right? as well as the low completion percentage. That says- too many low percentage passes attempted. So your argument against the short/intermediate passing game is actually not helped by the stats.

Mahomes can't do anything about the drops, but he can do something about the low completion percentage, which will in turn raise the YPA, which will in turn result in more first downs, which will in turn create more scoring opportunities.

A little less Favre, a little more Brady.

It'll be fine. Eventually. When Mahomes can keep himself disciplined a little more often. The deep shots will open up again shortly after.

Stryker 11-09-2021 07:16 AM

From NFL.com...

The Patrick Mahomes slump is real: We've moved past the point of wondering when the Kansas City Chiefs star quarterback is going to return to his typical form and dominate the NFL again. There is something legitimately off about Mahomes, and it's a source of concern for those within the Chiefs organization. He's thrown two touchdown passes and two interceptions in his last three games. He's averaged 215.7 passing yards in those contests and accounted for all of 166 passing yards in Sunday's 13-7 win over Green Bay. Overall, the Chiefs have scored just 36 points in their last three outings. The upside is, they've won two of those (against the Giants and Packers). The downside is, those victories came against teams led by quarterbacks named Daniel Jones and Jordan Love. There have been so many issues with the Chiefs' offense -- from shaky offensive tackles to defenses containing Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce to a league-high 19 turnovers -- that it's been easy to assume this unit has been dragging Mahomes down. That isn't the case anymore. He's literally playing the worst football of his career. He's missing open receivers, failing to take opportunities for checkdowns when they arise and, most importantly, looking as joyless as he's ever appeared on a football field at this level. The Chiefs have been good enough to survive lately with him slumping. The reality is, they aren't going to beat the best teams in the league unless their quarterback starts performing at a high level again.

MahomesMagic 11-09-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15944356)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I was totally depressed the entire Chiefs game… until that final play. Patrick Mahomes looked like Patrick Mahomes for the first time in a month. <br><br>I truly believe that singular throw is going to snap him out of this funk. <a href="https://t.co/6p0PGidrje">https://t.co/6p0PGidrje</a></p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1457699280475590659?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Truth.

Chiefspants 11-09-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15944268)
He was playing hurt on a bum ankle then. And even so, he wasn't off like his right now. I mean his passes are uncharacteristically inaccurate right now. Behind guys, in the ground, way out of reach on deep balls.

Right now he reminds me of a Pitcher that insists on throwing his sinker even though teams have caught on and quit swinging at it.

The 40 yard pass to Hardman was made out of pride and stubbornness, imo.

Until he accepts the fact that he doesn't have to always have highlight-reel passes every time he drops back I think he will struggle.

When he learns to be patient and carve defenses up with the short to intermediate routes, the deep routes will come back.

His bum ankle happened during a completely different part of the season. His slump happened after he came back healthy from his knee injury -- which again showcases how you and many Chiefs fans do not remember how bad Pat's slump was in this time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A lot to unpack here. The Chiefs are working a deep concept to the field side with Hill and Watkins. Mahomes exits a clean pocket to his right, away from the concept. He makes a bad play worse trying to throw across the field to Watkins. Should have been an INT. Rough sequence. <a href="https://t.co/PpvrnPfNBO">pic.twitter.com/PpvrnPfNBO</a></p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1201918672815763457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote:

This play is designed to be thrown to the field. Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins’ route stems show as if this play is all working into the boundary before both are going to break out into the wide side of the field. Mahomes feels a little bit of pressure from his backside by Maxx Crosby and bails from a clean-enough pocket that he could have hung and delivered the ball. The problem is Mahomes bails away from the concept he’s trying to throw. He’s hung out to dry running away from the play. Had he stepped up in the pocket and let Crosby clear, he could have rolled to his left with his receivers and space to throw.

[...]

This play involves a few points that have brought inconsistency to the offense lately. For one, this isn’t the first play in which Mahomes has exited the pocket early. There seems to be some distrust in the protection up front. It can be reflected by early exits like on this play. Teams have been forcing the Chiefs to drive the ball, intent on eliminating explosive, vertical plays. There seems to be some growing frustration and impatience with Mahomes not getting to go out and do some of the things he’s normalized. This beyond-risky throw into the middle of the field is one of a few overly aggressive throws like the interception last week.
Does this sound familiar or nah?

We'll keep it going, this time from The Athletic.

Quote:

Here, the Raiders show a stunt against the right side of the offensive line and Mahomes doesn’t wait to see whether it’s picked up. Instead, he takes off to his right, which opens up a lane for the edge rusher. Had Mahomes stayed put, he would have been fine in the pocket, and he likely would have seen Demarcus Robinson come open down the field for a potential touchdown. Mahomes even appeared to be looking that direction before getting happy feet and leaving the pocket.

Mahomes’ lack of trust has affected his footwork as discussed above, and as a result, his accuracy has gone down. He’s trying to get rid of the ball more quickly on plays where he has time to set his feet, and it has cost the Chiefs some big plays.

The Chiefs execute a drag-and-go with tight end Travis Kelce here, and it results in a wide open potential touchdown. Mahomes must move initially, but that’s part of the play design with tight end Blake Bell sealing off the defensive end. Mahomes has time to reset his feet before making the throw but instead wings it off-platform. As a result, the ball comes up a bit short and inside. Mahomes threw a dangerous potential pick when targeting receiver Sammy Watkins with a similar throw.
From another source...

Quote:

[Since the Titans game], the numbers have not returned to the levels that Chiefs fans have come to expect. Over the past two games, Mahomes has completed only 56 percent of his passes for a total of 357 yards for 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. (Yes, that’s a two-game total.)
Mahomes was not good during that time, and played very similarly to how he is now. But as you yourself have demonstrated, this has largely been forgotten by KC fans.

Steron 11-09-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 15944421)
From NFL.com...

The Patrick Mahomes slump is real: We've moved past the point of wondering when the Kansas City Chiefs star quarterback is going to return to his typical form and dominate the NFL again. There is something legitimately off about Mahomes, and it's a source of concern for those within the Chiefs organization. He's thrown two touchdown passes and two interceptions in his last three games. He's averaged 215.7 passing yards in those contests and accounted for all of 166 passing yards in Sunday's 13-7 win over Green Bay. Overall, the Chiefs have scored just 36 points in their last three outings. The upside is, they've won two of those (against the Giants and Packers). The downside is, those victories came against teams led by quarterbacks named Daniel Jones and Jordan Love. There have been so many issues with the Chiefs' offense -- from shaky offensive tackles to defenses containing Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce to a league-high 19 turnovers -- that it's been easy to assume this unit has been dragging Mahomes down. That isn't the case anymore. He's literally playing the worst football of his career. He's missing open receivers, failing to take opportunities for checkdowns when they arise and, most importantly, looking as joyless as he's ever appeared on a football field at this level. The Chiefs have been good enough to survive lately with him slumping. The reality is, they aren't going to beat the best teams in the league unless their quarterback starts performing at a high level again.

I read this today as well. They have a legitimate point in saying that he looks joyless playing the game. I have seen a couple videos of Mahomes looking like a beaten man while out with his girl and brother. During the last game I thought I saw him barking at Reid from the field. Am I remembering that correctly? Obviously, something is off.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 15944619)
I read this today as well. They have a legitimate point in saying that he looks joyless playing the game. I have seen a couple videos of Mahomes looking like a beaten man while out with his girl and brother. During the last game I thought I saw him barking at Reid from the field. Am I remembering that correctly? Obviously, something is off.

Watch his press conferences. Watch MIC'd up. His attitude is fine.

dirk digler 11-09-2021 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I learn how to make gif's I might do some of these.

First drive and Mahomes isn't even looking at Gordon. To me you have throw the ball to him he is so big and has good leverage. Mahomes just chucks it out of bounds.

Wallcrawler 11-09-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 15944619)

He's constantly barking at the sidelines, usually for them to get the ****ing play call in. Andy has been calling plays like he's in a diabetic coma this season.

He's always got his hand up, motioning for them to hurry up with the playcall.

It also doesn't help trying to lock Pat in a box he doesn't belong in. Past three years what is the number one defensive key on Mahomes?

DO NOT LET THIS KID OUTSIDE THE POCKET OR HE WILL DESTROY YOU.

So, in typical Chiefs fashion, we do the defenses job for them by demanding he stay in the pocket.

It's not who he is or what he does. Let the kid play football. Get some bootlegs going, rollouts, moving pocket, etc.

The guy is deadly when he's on the move. He delivered amazing, nigh unstoppable results. We can plainly see what is happening forcing him to be a pocket passer.

He's a gunslinger, not a statue.

JPH83 11-09-2021 01:58 PM

Thought this was kind of interesting on the challenges and where blame lies. Pretty much as most have said to be fair - some Pat, some the OL, some shitty officiating of horrendous holding on Kelce - https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-kansas-...vis-kelce-2021

dlphg9 11-11-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15945021)
. It also doesn't help trying to lock Pat in a box he doesn't belong in. Past three years what is the number one defensive key on Mahomes?

DO NOT LET THIS KID OUTSIDE THE POCKET OR HE WILL DESTROY YOU.

So, in typical Chiefs fashion, we do the defenses job for them by demanding he stay in the pocket.

It's not who he is or what he does. Let the kid play football. Get some bootlegs going, rollouts, moving pocket, etc.

The guy is deadly when he's on the move. He delivered amazing, nigh unstoppable results. We can plainly see what is happening forcing him to be a pocket passer.

He's a gunslinger, not a statue.

This is just an absolutely false narrative. It's like people forget what Patrick Mahomes looked like when he had full trust in his line and would brilliantly glide throughout the pocket as he evaded a pass rush.

Mahomes is better when he is in the pocket and he keeps his eyes down field, but recently he's not scanning the field for his receivers. Instead, he's got his eyes on the guys attempting to rush him. He has no trust that his guy will win and so hes running to avoid nothing. Since he is too busy worrying about phantom pass rush and leaving a clean pocket he isn't seeing any of his open receivers until it's basically too late and he tries to throw it 100 mph to his target before that guy is no longer open. Being on the run while trying to force the ball to a guy that may not even be opened anymore is causing him to throw short or if he does get it there our guys are having a hard time catching his heaters, which leads to ints.

He is the best at escaping an actual pass rush, buying time for a receiver to get opened, and setting his feet right before he completes an incredible throw. He is however still better when he stays in the pocket. Defenses knew that he was almost just as good when they were getting pressure as he was when he was staying in the pocket. The D coordinators said "**** it", stopped blitzing and decided to drop everyone back, because the more guys they have in coverage the better chance they had to cover the WRs and be in his throwing lanes.

Up until the last few games he was making them pay and still scoring at will with an occasional turnover, but recently he doesn't trust his line and is just running for no reason and making terrible throws. He's just currently in his head, but all it's gonna take is one monster game this weekend to awaken a beast.

Back to the main point. No he was not better when he improvised. People have just forgotten how good he was in the pocket.

Rasputin 11-14-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15944167)
Does anyone want to bet me that Patrick doesn't have another 5 TD pass game this season or two or three? ?

huh. Who here thinks Patrick won't throw 5 TDs in any given game rest of the season ?

**** you Pete you didn't take my bet you ****ing coward

carcosa 11-14-2021 10:13 PM

This is the thread that turned the season around!!!!! Thank u Pete!!!!!

Rasputin 11-14-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15944266)
Pete will you take my bet? Bet me he doesn't have another 5 TD game this season. I bet he does Pete what say you? Anyone else want to bet? You all ****ing know Patrick can and will have multiple touchdown games come on bet me he won't have 5 again this season.

Pete you are a ****ing coward

ChiefsCountry 11-14-2021 10:16 PM

Pete going to Pete

petegz28 11-14-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15955851)
Pete going to Pete

Tell me this isn't his best game of the season? And really dodged a pick but okay...still....his best game...looks like the old Patrick

Ming the Merciless 11-14-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15955875)
Tell me this isn't his best game of the season? And really dodged a pick but okay...still....his best game...looks like the old Patrick

dude puts up.a 40 burger, 400 tards , multiple TDs and you focus on "dodged a pick"

mahomes just raped your life

Ming the Merciless 11-14-2021 10:24 PM

Pete sucks

GloucesterChief 11-14-2021 10:24 PM

Played really well. Started with the short stuff and just drove methodically scoring and eating clock. Then when the Faid began to panic and started blitzing O opened up for the long ball.

This is the way.

petegz28 11-14-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 15955917)
dude puts up.a 40 burger, 400 tards , multiple TDs and you focus on "dodged a pick"

I didn't focus on anything but golly gee....Patrick is good again.....

Tribal Warfare 11-14-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 15955927)
Played really well. Started with the short stuff and just drove methodically scoring and eating clock. Then when the Faid began to panic and started blitzing O opened up for the long ball.

This is the way.

This is the way

petegz28 11-14-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

This is the way.

That was his best game of the season by far. Took what was there. Took shots when the presented themselves. Didn't try and force anything.

Wallcrawler 11-14-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 15955917)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

5 tds wasn't quite enough for Pete.

But. Mahomes took a step toward being a legit NFL qb tonight, right Pete? Maybe not just a flash in the pan?

Baby step, but its a step.

5 tds. 400 yards.

Rasputin 11-14-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15955948)
That was his best game of the season by far. Took what was there. Took shots when the presented themselves. Didn't try and force anything.

There never was anything wrong with Patrick Mahomes II. Other teams out played the Chiefs but he played strong. Can't help if a ball hits the hands of his target and the ball goes in the air to be picked off. He should have four more touchdowns and four less interceptions this season.

Pitt Gorilla 11-14-2021 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by petegz28

Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick.

Chris Meck 11-14-2021 10:41 PM

For most of the game, other than a couple of isolated moments, he took what was there. And that's what offense looks like when defenses will just give you those easy completions.

We do that every week and we'll smoke mother****ers.

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15956010)

Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick.

This needs to be quoted until the end of time.

petegz28 11-14-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15956057)
For most of the game, other than a couple of isolated moments, he took what was there. And that's what offense looks like when defenses will just give you those easy completions.

We do that every week and we'll smoke mother****ers.

he looked good this game...best all season. The deep balls he missed he missed the right way. Never looked like he was forcing things for the first time really all seasin.

carcosa 11-14-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Incredible post. One for the ages

staylor26 11-14-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

WOW

FloridaMan88 11-14-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956079)
he looked good this game...best all season. The deep balls he missed he missed the right way. Never looked like he was forcing things for the first time really all seasin.

Now go micro-analyze Lamar Jackson’s struggles vs the 30th ranked Dolphins defense.

Pitt Gorilla 11-14-2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956079)

He was absolutely "forcing" things. Dude throws a ball that should have been intercepted. Next play? Dude throws a 30-70 ball to a plodding, back-up RB who gains position and gets the tudder. Pat is always going to be Pat and that's a great thing. You know his teammates have his back and are going to respond to a leader that trusts them that much.

-King- 11-14-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956066)
This needs to be quoted until the end of time.

Do you think Pete deserves Mahomes?

Wallcrawler 11-14-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15956086)
Incredible post. One for the ages

It's definitely on par with Won't sniff the playoffs

Rasputin 11-14-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Interdasting post

Wallcrawler 11-14-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15956102)

Pete deserves to fellate a hot curling iron every time Mahomes throws a td.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-14-2021 10:53 PM

Mahomes won't sniff 400 yards and 5 TD

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15956102)

Anybody that makes posts like that about somebody who has accomplished what Mahomes has for this franchise doesn’t deserve much of anything. Laughable stuff.

petegz28 11-14-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956124)
Anybody that makes posts like that about somebody who has accomplished what Mahomes has for this franchise doesn’t deserve much of anything. Laughable stuff.

What's funny is you and King and others saying the things you have said up to this point then suddenly acting like you've never said any of it.

You're fake as ****.....I said what I said and the stats supported what I said. You said what you said and now want to pretend you didn't. Suck my cock with your fake bullshit.

Tribal Warfare 11-14-2021 11:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Y’all love Mahomes again now or nah?</p>&mdash; Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1460092990626492418?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956153)
What's funny is you and King and others saying the things you have said up to this point then suddenly acting like you've never said any of it.

You're fake as ****.....I said what I said and the stats supported what I said. You said what you said and now want to pretend you didn't. Suck my cock with your fake bullshit.

You said what you said and I and everyone else laughed at it. We are still laughing.

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956177)
You said what you said and I and everyone else laughed at it. We are still laughing.

Godo for you. At least I have the balls to stand by what I said. Unlike you who talked shit then wants to pretend you didn't.

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956189)
Godo for you. At least I have the balls to stand by what I said. Unlike you who talked shit then wants to pretend you didn't.

What are you even taking about now? I’ve been a staunch defender of Mahomes here (to the point that I’ve faced criticism the past few weeks from a few morons).

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956195)
What are you even taking about now? I’ve been a staunch defender of Mahomes here.

Uh huh....

Pablo 11-14-2021 11:07 PM

Pete is amazing. There’s only one of him for good reason

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956198)
Uh huh....

LMAO

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:08 PM

Is he confusing me with somebody else right now or is he just this ****ing stupid?

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956205)
Is he confusing me with somebody else right now or is he just this ****ing stupid?

Uh huh...

Tribal Warfare 11-14-2021 11:09 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes: “You could feel it pre-game. You could feel the energy from the guys. Everybody was ready.”</p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1460112236706471949?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956206)
Uh huh...

Probably both. LMAO

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956213)
Probably both. LMAO

Yeah, you pretend all you want....makes me no difference, obviously

Chiefspants 11-14-2021 11:11 PM

If only some posters saw today coming.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill to NFL defenses: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/SX5yDkH92e">pic.twitter.com/SX5yDkH92e</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Allen (@RPatrickAllen) <a href="https://twitter.com/RPatrickAllen/status/1460074851918663684?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956217)
Yeah, you pretend all you want....makes me no difference, obviously

I’m the guy who has literally been arguing with King for weeks defending Mahomes, but continue being the epic clown you are.

Wallcrawler 11-14-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956189)

How the actual **** can you stand by questioning if Mahomes is a legit NFL qb or a flash in the pan gimmick?

The fact you are unwilling to walk such an unfathomably stupid comment back is ****ing hilariously unbelievable.

If you actually believe that, you're the dumbest **** here and it's not close.

You're first ballot hall of fame ****tard if you stand by that bullshit.

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956225)
I’m the guy who has literally been arguing with King for weeks defending Mahomes, but continue being the epic clown you are.

K...so either you're full of shit or you've ignored the obvious...bravo! :clap:

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956229)

Clownery.

Chieftain 11-14-2021 11:17 PM

Mahomes is too generational to all of the sudden fall off a cliff.

Chiefspants 11-14-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15956243)
Mahomes is too generational to all of the sudden fall off a cliff.

Nah 3 seasons of work could clearly be a flash in the pan.

Pants 11-14-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956229)

Show us the posts, pete.

It's pretty easy. Click on his name and then click on "Find More Posts by KC_Connection."

The fact that that you actually pondered whether Mahomes is a legit NFL QB... man, I don't want to be mean.

Pants 11-14-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15956245)
Nah 3 seasons of work could clearly be a flash in the pan.

You mean breaking NFL records, winning a Super Bowl, and getting an MVP are not a flash in the pan type thing?

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15956248)
Show us the posts, pete.

It's pretty easy. Click on his name and then click on "Find More Posts by KC_Connection."

The fact that that you actually pondered whether Mahomes is a legit NFL QB... man, I don't want to be mean.

I have since said my statement was over the top but I wouldn't want any of these stand up, know it all, football geniuses to acknowledge such...

Anyhow...

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941613)
Patrick is going to have to learn how to be a QB now. He got away the last 3 seasons playing backyard football. Teams have adjusted defensively. They are not letting guys run deep and forcing Mahomes to make reads and go through his progressions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941766)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15941777)
Other fanbases are laughing hard at posts like this.

I was mistaken. It wasn’t just other fanbases. It was everyone.

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956257)
I was mistaken. It wasn’t just other fanbases. It was everyone.

Fake ass, mother ****er....

Chiefspants 11-14-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15956253)
You mean breaking NFL records, winning a Super Bowl, and getting an MVP are not a flash in the pan type thing?

I dunno Patrick really got by playing backyard football and still needs to learn being a real NFL QB.

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15956248)
Show us the posts, pete.

It won’t be easy. I don’t think I’ve ever even criticized Mahomes at all on this forum apart from some individual bad decisions during a game. He’s essentially my “LeBron” of the NFL (a reference anyone here should understand if they have frequented an NBA thread here over the past two decades).

Wallcrawler 11-14-2021 11:27 PM

Imagine actually believing that a lowly "backyard football" quarterback could go to 3 straight AFCCG, NFL MVP, SUPERBOWL MVP, SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP, and back to back sb appearances.

and only NOW, has the league figured it out, and now Mahomes has to earn how to play qb.

The stupidity level is off the ****ing chart. It's troll territory.

Pants 11-14-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956266)
It won’t be easy. I don’t think I’ve ever even criticized Mahomes at all on this forum apart from some individual bad decisions during a game. He’s essentially my “LeBron” of the NFL (a reference anyone here should understand if they have frequented an NBA thread here over the past two decades).

I was saying searching for posts is easy so he couldn't invoke that excuse.

I know you wouldn't trash Mahomes.

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956266)

Except for when you said what you said, you didn't say what you said and even if you said what you said you didn't mean what you said...

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956274)
Except for when you said what you said, you didn't say what you said and even if you said what you said you didn't mean what you said...

Clownery.

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15956272)
I was saying searching for posts is easy so he couldn't invoke that excuse.

I know you wouldn't trash Mahomes.

Oh I know. It wouldn’t be difficult if such posts actually existed. Sadly for him, they do not.

Chiefspants 11-14-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15956282)
Oh I know. It wouldn’t be difficult if such posts actually existed. Sadly for him, they do not.

It's just baffling to me that Mahomes had the unheard of body of work that he had in his first three seasons and Pete and DTVietnam had the doubts that they had about him and doubled down. Both of whom I think are great posters, I just don't know why there has to be a line in the sand or doubling down about things said in the heat of the moment.

Hell, I think we've all made some doozy posts on Gamedays (my target on gamedays is Andy Reid -- and you can find plenty of awful takes I made about Andy and Tyreek over the years). It's okay to have overreactions in moments like that, I just don't understand the doubling down aspect of things.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-14-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15956296)
It's just baffling to me that Mahomes had the unheard of body of work that he had in his first three seasons and Pete and DTVietnam had the doubts that they had about him and doubled down. Both of whom I think are great posters, I just don't know why there has to be a line in the sand or doubling down about things said in the heat of the moment.

Hell, I think we've all made some doozy posts on Gamedays (my target on gamedays is Andy Reid -- and you can find plenty of awful takes I made about Andy and Tyreek over the years). It's okay to have overreactions in moments like that, I just don't understand the doubling down aspect of things.

https://c.tenor.com/uS0kUcN0zsQAAAAC...looney-huh.gif

Chiefspants 11-14-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15956306)

I come here for the discussion. They create a lot of it. We had some lean times where this place was a ghost town on Sundays in the Pioli years and they keep this place churning now.

Sannyasi 11-14-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

This is the way.

And this is what the Chiefs were able to do last year.

When we are not turning over the football, the Chiefs are GOOD at moving the ball down the field methodically.

Turns out fast guys are good at more than just running verticals.

KC_Connection 11-14-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15956296)

I don’t know the answer. I thought Pete was trolling but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I personally found the Mahomes criticism absolutely bizarre myself around this forum considering what he’s accomplished. The numbers weren’t there for a few weeks for the first time in his career, but he was always going to be fine. There was never any real reason to doubt that.

RealSNR 11-14-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956153)

He had a couple bad games. Big ****ing whoop. Most people acknowledged it. What we DIDN'T do, however, was consider that Mahomes could just be a flash in the pan QB.

How many bad games did Manning have in the first 4 years of his career? How about ****ing Brady? He had a million bad games. Still does. Just look at today.

You know what it is? You're a kneejerk pussy. If the stats support what you said, then the stats support questioning the starter value of every QB in NFL history

petegz28 11-14-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15956256)
I have since said my statement was over the top but I wouldn't want any of these stand up, know it all, football geniuses to acknowledge such...

Anyhow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15956322)
He had a couple bad games. Big ****ing whoop. Most people acknowledged it. What we DIDN'T do, however, was consider that Mahomes could just be a flash in the pan QB.

How many bad games did Manning have in the first 4 years of his career? How about ****ing Brady? He had a million bad games. Still does. Just look at today.

You know what it is? You're a kneejerk pussy. If the stats support what you said, then the stats support questioning the starter value of every QB in NFL history

:drool: