ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fire Bob Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310950)

DaneMcCloud 12-26-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13309765)
As a D-Coord?

Yes, please( grabby hands grabbing ).

Fisher hasn’t run a defense since the early 90’s.

He’s the losingist coach in NFL history and if you’ve watched Amazon’s All Or Nothing it would be readily apparent that he has the personality of a dead cricket.

TEX 12-26-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13309827)

He’s the losingist coach in NFL history and if you’ve watched Amazon’s All Or Nothing it would be readily apparent that he has the personality of a dead cricket.

He's not a good HC. Dude was a hell of a defensive guy before though.

notorious 12-26-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 13308703)
Chiefs defense is fool's gold. The second they run into an above average offense, they get shredded. Guess what they will be facing in the playoffs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13309820)
Yep. Some of us know that and aren't expecting much.

These guys get it.

This defense will let us down when it matters the most. The other team will play conservative to avoid turnovers (which is what has won games for the Chiefs lately) and kill us slowly.

The only way to mask the defense is for our offense to attack constantly to put pressure on the opposing offense causing them to turn the ball over.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-26-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13309822)
And I would welcome him as DC in a second.

God damn right. A little high-ball Memphis Mafia action on this D?

Yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-26-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13309827)

The HC job is taken. I want the attitude. And if that attitude produces a defensive product akin to death-slam 90's, a decade which you yourself have referenced in this conversation?..

Yes please( grabby hands grabbing! ).

lcarus 01-06-2018 07:22 PM

Now. Please and thank you.

dannybcaitlyn 01-06-2018 07:24 PM

Mike Pettine come on down!

KChiefs1 01-06-2018 07:25 PM

If Andy doesn't fire Sutton...then he should be fired.

dannybcaitlyn 01-06-2018 07:33 PM

No punts for the Titans in the second half

Ragged Robin 01-06-2018 07:37 PM

Can't stop the run or get off the field on 3rd down AND can't tackle for shit. The achilles heel of the defense has been playing basic fundamental football.

31st in the league on 3rd down. 'Nuff said.

KChiefs1 01-06-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 13338416)
No punts for the Titans in the second half

275 yards of offense too.

dannybcaitlyn 01-06-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 13338474)
Can't stop the run or get off the field on 3rd down AND can't tackle for shit. The achilles heel of the defense has been playing basic fundamental football.

31st in the league on 3rd down. 'Nuff said.

8-12 Third down conversions. Titans offense

petegz28 01-06-2018 07:59 PM

Sutton owns 2 of the biggest, defensive meltdowns in playoff history....

GloryDayz 01-06-2018 08:01 PM

Vegas should have a line, or lines, on Sutton....

1 - Does Andy provide a tearful goodbye for the ****er like Dick did for Greg?

2 - Does Sutton stay?

ILChief 01-06-2018 08:01 PM

Sadly he will be back

lcarus 01-06-2018 08:04 PM

Chiefs down to their last hope. Stop the Titans on 3rd and 10 and get the ball back with enough time to convert a last second winning FG. What happens? Only the most obvious thing in the world. Titans run left, where they ran successfully all day long, Zombo gets pancaked by Marcus fricking Mariota and Henry takes off for 40 yards. Ball game.

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2018 08:06 PM

I'm starting to hate this ****er more than I hated Pioli and Cassel.

TEX 01-06-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13338787)
Chiefs down to their last hope. Stop the Titans on 3rd and 10 and get the ball back with enough time to convert a last second winning FG. What happens? Only the most obvious thing in the world. Titans run left, where they ran successfully all day long, Zombo gets pancaked by Marcus fricking Mariota and Henry takes off for 40 yards. Ball game.

Yep, You forgot to mention that the Chiefs were playing the run. They got the play they wanted. Didn't matter.

Sutton has to be fired.

Chief Pote 01-06-2018 08:20 PM

:cuss:

PAChiefsGuy 01-06-2018 08:21 PM

Pathetic run D once again... Same thing that happened against the Steelers in last years playoff gm happened in the 2nd half. Opponent's offense is able to run the ball and convert on 3rd downs leading to long time-consuming drives which limits our offenses opportunities.

It blows my mind that the Chiefs are not able to stop the run after it was a problem last season in the playoffs. Our defense line is still weak against the run and our LBs are way too slow. Oh yeah Justin Houston is overrated...

prhom 01-06-2018 08:21 PM

Sutton isn’t going anywhere. The only changes that will be made are replacing guys that get hired away by other teams. No one else is going to hire Sutton because he’s no good. Seriously, every other area of our staff has been raided or mentioned as candidates elsewhere. 80 year old Dick LeBeau got hired after Pittsburgh got rid of him. Age isn’t he reason he’s not getting any interviews.

Easy 6 01-06-2018 08:23 PM

I have basically tried to split the difference with Bob, well yeah he sucks here, but has done an outstanding job there

But when the shitass Titans can roar back from 21-3 on your soft bitch horseshit, go **** yourself... LeBeau clearly adjusted at the half, and soft bitch Bob clearly did NOT

This team has major changes headed its way, and geezer Bobs firing needs to be first among those changes... if Reid keeps him, its a major blemish on his report card

Go get someone with some ****ing balls that haven't dropped yet

Randallflagg 01-06-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 13338945)
Sutton isn’t going anywhere. The only changes that will be made are replacing guys that get hired away by other teams. No one else is going to hire Sutton because he’s no good. Seriously, every other area of our staff has been raided or mentioned as candidates elsewhere. 80 year old Dick LeBeau got hired after Pittsburgh got rid of him. Age isn’t he reason he’s not getting any interviews.

That's the scariest thing I can imagine....Sutton coming back next season. Jesus Christ - ever team in the NFL KNOWS what Sutton is going to do on defense BEFORE HE does it.

This crap of doing the same damned thing year after year (fat Andy) and expecting a different result has GOT to stop.

Sadly, it won't

PAChiefsGuy 01-06-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 13338983)
That's the scariest thing I can imagine....Sutton coming back next season. Jesus Christ - ever team in the NFL KNOWS what Sutton is going to do on defense BEFORE HE does it.

This crap of doing the same damned thing year after year (fat Andy) and expecting a different result has GOT to stop.

Sadly, it won't

We stacked the box constantly yet they still ran all over us. This is on the players. Our run D line is weak and our LBs are slow as shit.

Jimmya 01-06-2018 08:30 PM

Sutton lovers need to show themselves.... A lot of us have wasted his a** gone for a while now

petegz28 01-06-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13339023)
We stacked the box constantly yet they still ran all over us. This is on the players. Our run D line is weak and our LBs are slow as shit.

By stacking the box do you mean playing 3 of your 4 lineman way to the right so the offense has a huge hole on the left in which to run for a 20+ yard TD?

Molitoth 01-06-2018 08:32 PM

**** Sutton. Been calling for his ass for years. Peters and a few others have bailed his ass out with turnovers.

Bewbies 01-06-2018 08:32 PM

Fire Sutton. Move to a 4-3 under similar to what Seattle used to do. Draft and/or sign some pass rushers who can actually rush the passer.

Run a defense that attacks the offense and seeks to impose it's will.

frozenchief 01-06-2018 08:32 PM

Why did zhouston keep dropping into coverage?

PAChiefsGuy 01-06-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13339048)
By stacking the box do you mean playing 3 of your 4 lineman way to the right so the offense has a huge hole on the left in which to run for a 20+ yard TD?

No that is not what I meant. After that play is when they started stacking the box and it made no difference..

TLO 01-06-2018 08:33 PM

It's time...

GloryDayz 01-06-2018 08:34 PM

All Reid and Sutton care about are buffets and getting to the beach..

Sutton:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/relax...t-33844559.jpg

Chiefaholic 01-06-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13338944)
Pathetic run D once again... Same thing that happened against the Steelers in last years playoff gm happened in the 2nd half. Opponent's offense is able to run the ball and convert on 3rd downs leading to long time-consuming drives which limits our offenses opportunities.

It blows my mind that the Chiefs are not able to stop the run after it was a problem last season in the playoffs. Our defense line is still weak against the run and our LBs are way too slow. Oh yeah Justin Houston is overrated...

He got paid... Hasn't been the same since

Iconic 01-06-2018 08:39 PM

Did Bob Sutton stall on offense and only manage 3 first downs in the second half?

ping2000 01-06-2018 08:44 PM

Someone needs to take Sutton and turn him into Soylent Green.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef657f2a57.jpg

petegz28 01-06-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13339138)
Did Bob Sutton stall on offense and only manage 3 first downs in the second half?

Didn't force a single punt for an entire half.
Gave up over 200+ yards in an entire half.
Had only 5 3rd down stops in an entire game.

What else you got?

petegz28 01-06-2018 09:11 PM

Personally I will not miss the constant 3-man rush, drop 8 and still leave the middle wide open defense Sutton clings to like gospel.

GloryDayz 01-06-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13339138)

You've got to be kidding us! What's next, "He doesn't wear pads...."?

FloridaMan88 01-06-2018 09:14 PM

Sutton’s defense gave up 7/7 third down conversions in the second half, including many 3rd and long conversions to an opposing offense that ranked 25th in third down conversion % and was missing arguably one of their biggest weapons on 3rd downs... DeMarco Murray.

It is amazing that Sutton survived the Indy playoff collapse, but there is no way he can survive this.

GloryDayz 01-06-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13339424)
Sutton’s defense gave up 7/7 third down conversions in the second half, including many 3rd and long conversions to an opposing offense that ranked 25th in third down conversion % and was missing arguably one of their biggest weapons on 3rd downs... DeMarco Murray.

It is amazing that Sutton survived the Indy playoff collapse, but there is no way he can survive this.

Yes, yes there is...

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdig...st-MM-PI01.jpg

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2018 08:33 PM

We're going to find out real soon what the plan is here. Vikings being ousted opens the door for most of our realistic options. Spagnuolo? Adam Zimmer?

GloryDayz 01-21-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13375396)
We're going to find out real soon what the plan is here. Vikings being ousted opens the door for most of our realistic options. Spagnuolo? Adam Zimmer?

Stop teasing us...

Coochie liquor 01-21-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

You know you’re just getting your hopes up to be kicked in the turtle dick again, right? Sutton isn’t leaving. Andy is too loyal! History repeats itself (except for a Chiefs SB appearance).

ILChief 01-21-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Us: "they have to be waiting on Zimmer or Spags!"

Narrator: "they were not waiting on Zimmer or Spags"

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2018 08:39 PM

No, I fully expect Sutton to be back. Just saying if anything IS going to happen, now's the time.

Pitt Gorilla 01-21-2018 08:40 PM

Sutton is terrible.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

I think if we don't hear anything within the next week, the long shot that anything will happen completely disappears. Adam Zimmer is now available. My guess Schurmer will be named HC for the Giants, and Schwartz will go somewhere (probably Tennessee). Those are probably Spags' 2 preferred landing spots. Giants may be out if they're favoring Del Rio. Unfortunately, the Eagles DC vacancy would be incredibly tough for Spags to turn down.

I think it's looking more and more like we're ****ed.

GloryDayz 01-21-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13375441)
I think if we don't hear anything within the next week, the long shot that anything will happen completely disappears. Adam Zimmer is now available. My guess Schurmer will be named HC for the Giants, and Schwartz will go somewhere (probably Tennessee). Those are probably Spags' 2 preferred landing spots. Giants may be out if they're favoring Del Rio. Unfortunately, the Eagles DC vacancy would be incredibly tough for Spags to turn down.

We need to check Hunt's 5-year plan.

Coochie liquor 01-21-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13375461)

Already accomplished bro, loudest stadium in the NFL... check. A postseason win... check. 4 seasons with a playoff berth... check. Beating the teams that play in the SB that season (but not in the playoffs).... check (twice). What more would you want?

Chief Northman 01-21-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13375441)

Why would Schwartz go anywhere? Lateral move. He can have another great year in Philly and get a HC gig next year.

Spags needs to be on Andy’s radar. If not, Reid will be toast by 2019.

Coochie liquor 01-21-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13375514)
Why would Schwartz go anywhere? Lateral move. He can have another great year in Philly and get a HC gig next year.

You’re just fooling yourself. He just picked the GM, he’s got 5 more years minimum.

GloryDayz 01-21-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13375500)
Already accomplished bro, loudest stadium in the NFL... check. A postseason win... check. 4 seasons with a playoff berth... check. Beating the teams that play in the SB that season (but not in the playoffs).... check (twice). What more would you want?

Another increase in prices to park? Add 3 more dollars to the price of beer? Fatter cheerleaders? The Hunts to keep more of the money the NFL gives them to actually go to a SB? :hmmm:

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

If he got a HC job. And I'd imagine for Arizona to wait this long, he's high on their list.

Gravedigger 01-21-2018 09:26 PM

It's not going to happen. Reid is walking a risky line by sticking with Sutton and only Mahomes will be able to save him. It's almost eerily similar to how things ended in Philadelphia. If the Chiefs finish with less than 7 wins next year, I could see Clark stepping in. As far as this year, Andy already has the seal of approval from Clark to go ahead since Mahomes will fill the seats for a bit anyways.

Coochie liquor 01-21-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13375545)
Another increase in prices to park? Add 3 more dollars to the price of beer? Fatter cheerleaders? The Hunts to keep more of the money the NFL gives them to actually go to a SB? :hmmm:

God I wish. I’d be on board for bringing Cassel Alex back for some fatter cheerleaders. But I’m prob in the minority.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-21-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

ROFLROFLROFL

You so crazy...

GloryDayz 01-21-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13375598)
God I wish. I’d be on board for bringing Cassel Alex back for some fatter cheerleaders. But I’m prob in the minority.

Well there are limits, these heifers have to make it down the tunnel to jump and shout.

Chief Northman 01-21-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13375619)
ROFLROFLROFL

You so crazy...

If Andy/Veach do nothing with Mahomes the next two seasons, Clark will sack them both. He will hate that all the draft capital spent to acquire Mahomes resulted in nothing.

Mahomes is the only reason I have any interest in this team moving forward. Reid continues to prove he is as advertised. Loveable on the outside, controlling and manipulative on the inside. Dorsey’s ouster had Andy’s fingerprints all over it. Veach is a pawn, and that defense is a shit sandwich. Andy will never hire a great coach to upstage him. The good ones he “grooms” he advocates for as HCs elsewhere before they can show him up on his own staff. I love how Andy schemes and his players probably appreciate how he protects them. BUT: he gets conservative with a lead, bumbles game management and is too gunshy to send a real message to coaches/players when it is obvious to the rest of the world that changes are in order (Sutton situation is a joke and Bieniemy promotion is a safe play).

Status quo is just that. I don’t expect to see KC in the dance next season, and if 2019 starts slow, Arrowhead will be empty.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-21-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13375669)
If Andy/Veach do nothing with Mahomes the next two seasons, Clark will sack them both. He will hate that all the draft capital spent to acquire Mahomes resulted in nothing.

Mahomes is the only reason I have any interest in this team moving forward. Reid continues to prove he is as advertised. Loveable on the outside, controlling and manipulative on the inside. Dorsey’s ouster had Andy’s fingerprints all over it. Veach is a pawn, and that defense is a shit sandwich. Andy will never hire a great coach to upstage him. The good ones he “grooms” he advocates for as HCs elsewhere before they can show him up on his own staff. I love how Andy schemes and his players probably appreciate how he protects them. BUT: he gets conservative with a lead, bumbles game management and is too gunshy to send a real message to coaches/players when it is obvious to the rest of the world that changes are in order (Sutton situation is a joke and Bieniemy promotion is a safe play).

Status quo is just that. I don’t expect to see KC in the dance next season, and if 2019 starts slow, Arrowhead will be empty.

Well, you are so off and wrong on just about every front here, so I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!

Chief Northman 01-21-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13375674)
Well, you are so off and wrong on just about every front here, so I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!

Nope. Mahomes can’t do it by himself - that is what this fanbase will find out soon.

You watch the games the past two weeks? You think the Chiefs can even sniff that competitive balance anytime soon? With the chicken-shit playcalling and baby-ass soft defense it should not be shocking this team is one and done perpetually.

JohnnyV13 01-21-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13375461)

Actually, Clark's priority list reads something like this:

1. Keep Tavia happy

2. Keep Tavia happy

3. Keep Tavia happy

4. Keep Tavia happy

5. Help out that football team thingy.

NJChiefsFan 01-21-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13375696)
Nope. Mahomes can’t do it by himself - that is what this fanbase will find out soon.

You watch the games the past two weeks? You think the Chiefs can even sniff that competitive balance anytime soon? With the chicken-shit playcalling and baby-ass soft defense it should not be shocking this team is one and done perpetually.

Are you really reading CP the past 2 weeks and coming away with the idea that fans think defense doesn't need to be fixed?

I don't think the defense is that far away. Maybe it won't happen in 1 offseason. We are getting an all-pro safety back. We need to put an impact player at each level of the defense. That won't be easy. I also don't think it's as impossible as people think.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-21-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13375749)
Are you really reading CP the past 2 weeks and coming away with the idea that fans think defense doesn't need to be fixed?

I don't think the defense is that far away. Maybe it won't happen in 1 offseason. We are getting an all-pro safety back. We need to put an impact player at each level of the defense. That won't be easy. I also don't think it's as impossible as people think.

I think you're spot on, and as I said in another thread today, I think our best window to come is 2019/2020. Loads of cap room, Mahomes on the rookie contract. Need to have the team ready for a run by 2019 with the defense patched up.

NJChiefsFan 01-21-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13375760)
I think you're spot on, and as I said in another thread today, I think our best window to come is 2019/2020. Loads of cap room, Mahomes on the rookie contract. Need to have the team ready for a run by 2019 with the defense patched up.

I think any person over Frank Zombo makes the pass rush better. Find a way to improve the pass rush and get a 2nd corner. I think those 2 things plus Berry makes a bigger difference than some think.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-21-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13375773)
I think any person over Frank Zombo makes the pass rush better. Find a way to improve the pass rush and get a 2nd corner. I think those 2 things plus Berry makes a bigger difference than some think.

I'm not going to tell anyone that Dee Ford is great by any means, but when you go back and watch those first few games, wow... it looks so much different. The whole front looked faster and more aggressive, and Ford was part of that.

Look at the list of names under contract for 2019 with roughly $83M in projected cap space. https://overthecap.com/calculator/kansas-city-chiefs/ There's a lot of talent still left there, so if Veach can nail some picks these next two drafts and then make good use of the money we will have... we're going to have one hell of a team.

JENKINSWINS 01-21-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13375696)

This! :clap:

Chief Northman 01-21-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13375749)

Will Berry be available? God love him, but he and Houston seem to take turns on IR. The entire secondary cannot tackle. Ragland was a lone bright spot. Peters can generate turnovers but also is allergic to tackling and needs a babysitter. The DL/ pass rush was anemic. Hali and DJ were largely ineffective and are likely gone. Poor draft capital and no cap space albeit cuts will be made. The haul for Smith will be less than what fans will be happy with.

I have not been this pessimistic about the Chiefs for a long time. Mahomes can’t do it by himself. Defense needs an overhaul and it won’t happen in one off-season. The questions at LG/C also need addressing.

JoeyChuckles 01-22-2018 09:46 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dick LeBeau will not return as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Titans</a> defensive coordinator, per source <a href="https://twitter.com/Tennessean?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Tennessean</a> <a href="https://t.co/VSHpywffok">https://t.co/VSHpywffok</a></p>&mdash; Jason Wolf (@JasonWolf) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonWolf/status/955461578194931712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eleazar 01-22-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 13376186)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dick LeBeau will not return as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Titans</a> defensive coordinator, per source <a href="https://twitter.com/Tennessean?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Tennessean</a> <a href="https://t.co/VSHpywffok">https://t.co/VSHpywffok</a></p>&mdash; Jason Wolf (@JasonWolf) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonWolf/status/955461578194931712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That'd be great if he weren't 80 years old

RunKC 01-22-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13375669)

I’m as hard on Andy as most people here, but Dorsey deserved to be fired. Andy didn’t have much to do with the financial disaster that Dorsey brought upon this team.

O.city 01-22-2018 10:01 AM

It’s time to make hay with a qb in a rookie deal

Don’t **** around, cut all the old ass broke dicks and start bringing in talent

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2018 10:18 AM

Here's another consideration. Maybe we don't have to fire Sutton. What if we instead hired someone for a Childress role. Primary role is to work in innovation, but can help with game planning and most importantly making adjustments. Groom a young guy to do this and become our next DC. Would actually be a great fit for an Adam Zimmer but even better if we brought in an SEC guy who loves to blitz and can help coach on pattern matching concepts.

I could live with Sutton if we were introducing some innovation and we did a much better job at making adjustments.

KChiefs1 01-22-2018 10:36 AM

Has he been fired yet?

ThaVirus 01-22-2018 10:59 AM

In Sutton's defense, the Jags D just gave up 42 points then followed that up by allowing 130 passing yards and 2 TDs in the 4th quarter alone.

The Vikings D got trampled by a Foles-led offense for 38.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-22-2018 11:02 AM

Not happening.

Andy doesn't fire his coordinators.

kgrund 01-22-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13376243)
Here's another consideration. Maybe we don't have to fire Sutton. What if we instead hired someone for a Childress role. Primary role is to work in innovation, but can help with game planning and most importantly making adjustments. Groom a young guy to do this and become our next DC. Would actually be a great fit for an Adam Zimmer but even better if we brought in an SEC guy who loves to blitz and can help coach on pattern matching concepts.

I could live with Sutton if we were introducing some innovation and we did a much better job at making adjustments.

I actually disagree. What this defense needs above all else is a change in attitude. The physicality and nastiness of this defense needs to be ramped up in addition to what you said. I just think this defense needs a new fresh and aggressive approach going forward.

FloridaMan88 01-22-2018 11:09 AM

Only hope was for Sutton to retire, which it doesn't look like he will do.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 13376342)
I actually disagree. What this defense needs above all else is a change in attitude. The physicality and nastiness of this defense needs to be ramped up in addition to what you said. I just think this defense needs a new fresh and aggressive approach going forward.

I'm trying to look at the bright side since I don't think Sutton will be fired. I tend to agree. But I wonder how much of that is scheme. I never had an issue with the defenses attitude until this year. I think the players lack confidence in the scheme. There are only so many times you can get burned on 3rd down before it wears on you. Doesn't help the that zebras throw flags at us any time we're even remotely aggressive in coverage.

stumppy 01-22-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 13376342)

They're a bunch of soft bitches and a lot of that goes back to the coaches.

stumppy 01-22-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13376354)
I'm trying to look at the bright side since I don't think Sutton will be fired. I tend to agree. But I wonder how much of that is scheme. I never had an issue with the defenses attitude until this year. I think the players lack confidence in the scheme. There are only so many times you can get burned on 3rd down before it wears on you. Doesn't help the that zebras throw flags at us any time we're even remotely aggressive in coverage.

I think you're right. How hard are they going to commit if they don't have confidence? Not very!