ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

Mr. Kotter 11-26-2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo

but that night at the pony express about did me in...

man, was that fun...

i hope phil has the 37 forever friday night gig at that same place or one like it somewhere...

i'm already having trouble typing just thinking about it... *big smile*

We need to get you out more....heh. Hopin' to see you next Saturday, man.

go bo 11-26-2005 10:26 PM

have you decided where you're gonna meet?

Mr. Kotter 11-26-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

have you decided where you're gonna meet?

Not yet. Still waitin' to hear from a couple of people...

go bo 11-26-2005 10:34 PM

i'm planning my schedule so i will be able to come out on saturday night, but i might not be able to make it to joe's this time...

it's a long drive for me, even when i have someone else driving...

and i wouldn't be able to stay there overnight...

but anywhere in the metro area, especially raytown, will be doable for me, i'm pretty sure...

Mr. Kotter 11-26-2005 10:40 PM

Quote:

i'm planning my schedule so i will be able to come out on saturday night, but i might not be able to make it to joe's this time...

it's a long drive for me, even when i have someone else driving...

and i wouldn't be able to stay there overnight...

but anywhere in the metro area, especially raytown, will be doable for me, i'm pretty sure...

That pushes Buffalo Wild Wings to the top, as far as I'm concerned then....unless Joe decides to host a shindig. If it does end up at his place, any chance you can make the tailgate....and game, if we can dig up a ticket for you?

Cntrygal 11-27-2005 01:22 AM

7&7

Mr. Kotter 11-27-2005 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cntrygal
7&7

Check post 792....great minds think alike. :)

Cntrygal 11-27-2005 01:26 AM

WOOHOO!!

:thumb:

StcChief 11-27-2005 01:40 AM

Blvd Pale Ale

Mr. Kotter 11-27-2005 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf
Blvd Pale Ale

Good stuff. Hmmmmmmmm....

Mr. Kotter 12-02-2005 09:25 PM

Morgan and Diet Coke tonight.

ENDelt260 12-02-2005 09:37 PM

Started with Bass
Now drinking Frambozen

SLAG 12-02-2005 09:38 PM

Mickeys Grenades

Brock 12-02-2005 09:38 PM

Humboldt County's finest and a Diet Pepsi.

Nzoner 12-02-2005 09:39 PM

I'm having Cuervo margaritas on the rocks

ENDelt260 12-02-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Humboldt County's finest

That was earlier.

Nzoner 12-02-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
That was earlier.

Ran into your pops the last two games,I think he finally recognizes me.

Raiderhater 12-02-2005 10:06 PM

Skyy and cranberry at the moment, but I'm almost out of cranberry, so I'll be switching to something else before long.

AirForceChief 12-02-2005 10:45 PM

Done done the Bass and moved on to twelve year old oak cask burbon...on the rocks.

Raiderhater 12-02-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirForceChief
Done done the Bass and moved on to twelve year old oak cask burbon...on the rocks.

What kind?

ENDelt260 12-02-2005 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
Ran into your pops the last two games,I think he finally recognizes me.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Phobia 12-02-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Morgan and Diet Coke tonight.

That's been my drink for a week or so. Trying to shed a few lbs.

Mr. Kotter 12-02-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
That's been my drink for a week or so. Trying to shed a few lbs.

Me too; but I ain't tryin' hard enough. :banghead:

The holidays KILL me...

AirForceChief 12-02-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
What kind?

Happy you asked. This would be Jefferson Reserve. OUTSTANDING! Got to love the advisory placed on the bottle:

"No mixers pleae! Drink neat, on the rocks, or perhaps with a splash of water."

Great taste, great buzz. Oh, BTW, it is a 12-17 yr old small batch bourbon. Buddy of mine gave it to me for my promotion/birthday gift.

Raiderhater 12-02-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirForceChief
Happy you asked. This would be Jefferson Reserve. OUTSTANDING! Got to love the advisory placed on the bottle:

"No mixers pleae! Drink neat, on the rocks, or perhaps with a splash of water."

Great taste, great buzz. Oh, BTW, it is a 12-17 yr old small batch bourbon. Buddy of mine gave it to me for my promotion/birthday gift.

Sounds right up my alley. I'm guessing that it doesn't come cheap.

StcChief 12-02-2005 11:28 PM

Yippie-Yi-Yo Micro Brew Oktoberfest.

KCChiefsMan 12-02-2005 11:29 PM

right now I'm having a Sam Adams Holiday Porter

AirForceChief 12-02-2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Sounds right up my alley. I'm guessing that it doesn't come cheap.

In trying to find out how much this cost, I found these reviews:

Here's what people are saying about us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuff Magazine
Pick of the Litter

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE:
The flavor stays on the tongue for a long time. It has a unique character - kind of grassy and a little spicy.
* STUFF MAGAZINE'S
Pick of the Litter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Journal of the Beverage Testing Institute

McLain & Kyne Jefferson's Reserve 15 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky:
Deep amber cast. Sweet black fruit, brown spice, and fusel nose. Very supple, almost velvety, on the palate with a fine medium-body.

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
The bouquet is ripe, rich, and concentrated right from the first whiff -- the emphasis is squarely on the sweet corn as the rye and barley take a distant back seat. In the aroma one finds traces of vanilla, caramel, and oak resin - a very sound, very solid bourbon bouquet. A superb new bourbon discovery that has me already looking forward to future bottlings.
by Paul Pacult

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
...it's just wonderful, a sipping whisky...no water needed, an after dinner whisky; walnut color: the nose, initially gave me fruitcake, peaches, vanilla, raisins, butterscotch; the palate, a huge body, dates, cinnamon, raisins, a buttery mouth feel, a long full fruity finish.
I rated it a very high 94

The Best of the Bunch
Complex, Well Balanced Bourbons
We weren't very surprised by the bottlings that found their way into this category. We looked for whiskeys that not only showed complexity in character, but were also well balanced. Then we divided them into two fields, sweet and spicy, but since these bottlings are so well balanced, expect to find a decent amount of spice in the sweeter bottlings, and a fair amount of sweetness in the spicier whiskeys.
Honey Barrels
Distillers say that their favorite whiskey come straight from "honey barrels" so we thought that we'd borrow this term for these sweet bottlings.
Jefferson's Reserve 15-year-old Straight Bourbon Whiskey

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
A very big body, thick and rich with an elegant, almost syrupy sweetness, suggesting vanilla and caramel, yet very fruity (dates, blackberries and orange). The finish is long, warm and smooth like a fine cognac. Drink neat, on the rocks or with a splash of water.

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
A smoky, raisiny, consistently excellent 15-year-old whiskey.
R.W. Apple, Jr.

America's Whisky
a basic guide to Bourbon and of our preferred picks
Jefferson's Reserve: A 15-year-old small-batch, Jefferson's Reserve is only removed from the barrels after over 50% of the batch has evaporated. Sold in numbered bottles, the bourbon's deep flavor makes it perfect for drinking straight or over ice.

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
Jefferson's Reserved is named for the third president, who surely would have loved its refined character.

Sam Houston
Very Small Batch, 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky
45% abv/ 90 proof
Rating: ****
Beautiful, bright, and impeccably clean amber color. "Nosing" reveals delicate scents of red fruit, rye bread and oak resin. "Palate" blossoms with rich, tangy flavors induding nut meat, wood resin, corn mash, rye bread, and dry cereal. "Aftertaste" is long, sweet, opulently textured, and most importantly, invites a second sip: a nice, well crafted bourbon that's on par with its more scafely sibling the very fine Jefferson's Reserve KSB.

Sam Houston
Antique amber color. Mature aromas and flavors and wonderfully balance. Notes of toffee, charred oak, marmalade, assorted candied fruit, soft leather and subtle spice. Pleasant, lingering finish. What really makes this whiskey special is its wonderful balance. It has all the richness and depth you would expect from an older bourbon, but still manages to maintain its balance and youth. And there's a soft side to the whiskey that is very charming.

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
15-YEAR-OLD STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKY
(McLAIN & KYNE DISTILLERY), 45.1 %ABV, $48.
Rich walnut in color with a multidimensional fruit-cake-like nose. A huge body with a well-balanced fruity/spicy palate complete with notes of pears, cinnamon, dates, raisins and sweet butter. A full, long, fruity finish. A sipping whiskey.

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
Silky smooth and nicely balanced. Deep copper color. This bourbon is so soft and elegant, it could be describe as bourbon's answer to a fine cognac. It is bound to appeal to the novice bourbon drinker, as well as the seasoned veteran - given that it is mellow. Could it almost be too smooth? Too mellow? Aromas of tea, leather, sweet caramel, and vanilla, with a hint of spice. Very mouth watering. Silky, elegant flavors similar to its aroma. Its dryish finish reveals its mature age.

Malt Advocate

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
Outstanding! One of the best for its style. Distinctive. It's a full-bodied malt with lots of caramel and brown sugar flavors, a potent addition to any boutique Bourbon collection.

Wine & Spirits Buying Guide 1999

Jefferson's Reserve May Be the Ultimate Renaissance Bourbon

Jefferson's Reserve is a sterling example of how great an American whiskey can be.

Jefferson's Reserve has a lustrous bronze color and a tantalizing bouquet with sweet nuances of oak and vanilla. The whiskey has a medium-full body with a dry, robust palate, one that envelopes the mouth with the flavors of corn, caramel, toffee and oak. The bourbon finishes quite long and firm.

This is a superlative American whiskey, an overnight sensation 15 years in the making. It's a "can't miss" winner.

Nightclub & Bar December 1998

Jefferson's Reserve
Made by the McLain & Kyne Distillery Company of Bardstown, KY, Jefferson's Reserve is a hand-made bourbon, blended in small batches of a dozen barrels, for a total of 2400, hand-numbered bottles. The bourbon is aged in new white oak barrels that are heavily charred to expose the bourbon to the sugars in the wood. Jefferson's Reserve matures for about 15 years, an expensive, laborious process that yields an exceptionally elegant and flavorful bourbon.

Restaurant Hospitality March 1999

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
This very small batch designation translates into 12 to 15 barrels only were employed for this marriage; attractive, bronze/copper hue is gloriously luminous...the bouquet is ripe, rich, and concentrated right from the first whiff - the emphasis is squarely on the sweet corn as the rye and barley take distant back seats, at least in the initial nosing - the middle stage passes bring the rye especially into play as a keen almost bitter spiciness counters the impact of the sweet corniness - but also in the aroma one finds traces of vanilla, caramel, and oak resin - a very sound, very solid bourbon bouquet...In the mouth, the sweetness of the corn actually has my lips smacking at entry, then at midpalate the oak takes its turn, showing the resiny side of older bourbon as the flavor goes desert dry; the finish is long, sweet, and rather lean; a superb new bourbon discovery that has me already looking forward to future bottlings.

Spirit Journal June 8, Issue 2

JEFFERSON'S RESERVE
Jefferson's Reserve (McLain & Kyne Distillery, Bardstown, Ky.) comes, appropriately enough, in a curvy decanter. Appropriate because this bourbon, aged for 15 years, has no sharp edges. A light bodied, exceptionaly smooth whisky. Jefferson's Reserve has a complex aroma of vanilla, raisins, caramel, and perfume that deepens into butter-scotch after it sits for a while. When sipped, it delivers a rather elegent combination of flavors that remind me of a fine brandy. A touch of smoke rounds off the experience very nicely.

Ron Givens
New York Daily News Friday, April 30, 1999

Gary Regan's Pick of the Week: Jefferson's Reserve 15 Year Old Bourbon Whisky (US)

...its just wonderful, a sipping whisky...no water needed, an after dinner whisky; walnut color; the nose initial gave me fruitcake, peaches, vanilla, raisins, butterscotch; the palate, a huge body, dates, cinnamon, raisins, a buttery mouth feel, a long full fruity finish. I rated it a very high, 94.

The Happy Hour June 20, 1998

Again, I give this bourbon four out of four.

Raiderhater 12-02-2005 11:49 PM

Damn, a lot of very good reviews. I want to try a bottle.

AirForceChief 12-02-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Damn, a lot of very good reviews. I want to try a bottle.

I've got a friend in KY. I'll see what we can work out.

jAZ 12-02-2005 11:56 PM

How did I miss this thread...

I'm dredging the bottom of the fridge for drinks. I wasn't planning on drinking, but I'm outa cokes and bottled water.

Started with Weinhards's Ale. There was only 1.
Moved to Miller High Life Light. Last beer.
Just opened a Bacardi Silver Raz. All I have now is chick drinks.

Next it's likely to be Hard Cider.

jAZ 12-02-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Just opened a Bacardi Silver Raz. All I have now is chick drinks.

Mmm... I actually like this chick drink.

KCChiefsMan 12-03-2005 12:00 AM

I got a Sam Adams winter pack, just had the holiday porter....pretty good, now I'm on to the cranberry lambic...I don't think I like it so far

AirForceChief 12-03-2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I got a Sam Adams winter pack, just had the holiday porter....pretty good, now I'm on to the cranberry lambic...I don't think I like it so far

Yeah, that one wasn't so good, IMO.

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:07 AM

No one may disparage Sam Adams in my presence!!

AirForceChief 12-03-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer

Cranberry? C'mon, I'm a Sam's fan, but that stuff sucks....

KCChiefsMan 12-03-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer

now I like Sam Adams a lot....but this cranberry crap......not so much

KCChiefsMan 12-03-2005 12:11 AM

but wasting beer is against my religion, so I will finish it

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:16 AM

YOU WILL LIKE IT.

you will wear the ribbon.

Actually, I haven't tried the holiday pack yet. :) But I love Sam Adams.

ENDelt260 12-03-2005 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Mmm... I actually like this chick drink.

Well, cause you're like a chick. But, with less hair. Unless the chick is Sinead O'Connor... in which case you're even.

ENDelt260 12-03-2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
YOU WILL LIKE IT.

you will wear the ribbon.

Actually, I haven't tried the holiday pack yet. :) But I love Sam Adams.

I guess it's time to come clean.

Mer, my name's not really Sam Adams. That's just what I tell the girls at the strip club.

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

I guess it's time to come clean.

Mer, my name's not really Sam Adams. That's just what I tell the girls at the strip club.

i sent you to bed.

ENDelt260 12-03-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
i sent you to bed.

I thought you went to bed. I still have half a Bass to finish.

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:24 AM

Quote:

I thought you went to bed. I still have half a Bass to finish.

dammit

ENDelt260 12-03-2005 12:25 AM

well you might as well get back on IM. I've got something to tell you

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:28 AM

NO I WILL NOT PULL YOUR FINGER

ENDelt260 12-03-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
NO I WILL NOT PULL YOUR FINGER

C'mon, honey. there's a lot of pressure built up

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:31 AM

Stop drinking that crap and pick up a Sam Adams.

ENDelt260 12-03-2005 12:34 AM

I don't have any sam adams. Only bass

Katipan 12-03-2005 12:37 AM

Who's fault is that?

Mr. Kotter 12-22-2005 10:41 PM

Christmas vacation begins with Morgan & Diet Coke, followed by a Bob's 47

RedandGold 12-22-2005 11:00 PM

Knob Creek & Coke for me.

Coach 12-22-2005 11:02 PM

Bud Light here

listopencil 12-22-2005 11:05 PM

Absinthe

trndobrd 12-22-2005 11:05 PM

Wyldewood Cellars Spiced Wine

grandllama 12-22-2005 11:08 PM

Superstrong Tanqeray & Tonic as I discover that Ms. Llama has ****ed me over for the LAST time....

|Zach| 12-22-2005 11:12 PM

Lemonade.

cdcox 12-22-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold
Knob Creek & Coke for me.

Dang, that is a fine wiskey to be mixing with coke.

Bowmore single malt scotch for me.

Mr. Kotter 12-22-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil
Absinthe

Seriously?

Or you just tryin' to draw Eric (FloridaChief) out....? Heh.

Mr. Kotter 12-22-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandllama
Superstrong Tanqeray & Tonic as I discover that Ms. Llama has ****ed me over for the LAST time....

Okay, do tell....

Mr. Kotter 12-22-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Lemonade.

Lynchburg Style?

SLAG 12-22-2005 11:22 PM

MARGERITAS followed by SoCo 100 and coke

RedandGold 12-22-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
Dang, that is a fine wiskey to be mixing with coke.

Bowmore single malt scotch for me.

It might seem like a waste, but it sure tastes good!!!

Personally, if I'm having my bourbon neat, I prefer Woodford Reserve.

Mr. Kotter 12-22-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold
It might seem like a waste, but it sure tastes good!!!

Personally, if I'm having my bourbon neat, I prefer Woodford Reserve.

Had it once. Smooth stuff.

|Zach| 12-22-2005 11:58 PM

Quote:

Lynchburg Style?

Plain ol L-Aid.

Katipan 12-22-2005 11:58 PM

It was Harp at the bar and its Sam Adams Lite now.

sigh.

It's missing something.

Mr. Kotter 12-23-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
It was Harp at the bar and its Sam Adams Lite now.

sigh.

It's missing something.

Tequila Shots?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Plain ol L-Aid.

Lynchberg Lemonade is the only way I can do JD for the past twenty years, since getting sick off it at a Journey concert back in the mid 80s. :shake:

Katipan 12-23-2005 12:01 AM

Quote:

Tequila Shots?

it was jager.

i think i t was jager.

Mr. Kotter 12-23-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
it was jager.

i think i t was jager.

Hmmmmmmm..... :hmmm:

I may have to join you; got some in the freezer I'd forgotten about. Thanks.

SLAG 12-23-2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

Kotter Come Chill and check out my board

Mr. Kotter 12-23-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Kotter Come Chill and check out my board

I thought about it earlier; WTH.

I signed up for Ali's board too, but haven't posted anything yet though.

Katipan 12-23-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

WHenever it hink there is jager in my freezer, i go there, and it's empty. :( i drink a lot of jager.

SLAG 12-23-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

I thought about it earlier; WTH.

I signed up for Ali's board too, but haven't posted anything yet though.

I have lurked there a lil

Mr. Kotter 12-23-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
WHenever it hink there is jager in my freezer, i go there, and it's empty. :( i drink a lot of jager.

Are you blonde? :hmmm:

Brian's discovered your stash, lady. :shake:

:p

Katipan 12-23-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Are you blonde? :hmmm:

Brian's discovered your stash, lady. :shake:

:p

Brian is spoiled and doesn't need a stash.

bastard.

I'm os not blonde.

Mr. Kotter 12-23-2005 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
Brian is spoiled and doesn't need a stash.

bastard.

I'm os not blonde.

Cool. Blondes are over-rated.

Except my wife, of course.

ENDelt260 12-23-2005 12:38 AM

I had a Boulevard Pale Ale with dinner tonight.

I'll have more beer tomorrow night.

Halfcan 12-23-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

I had a Boulevard Pale Ale with dinner tonight.

I'll have more beer tomorrow night.

And don't forget you said you would buy me a beeror two.

ENDelt260 12-23-2005 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
And don't forget you said you would buy me a beeror two.

I made no such promise.

grandllama 12-23-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Tequila Shots?

Lynchberg Lemonade is the only way I can do JD for the past twenty years, since getting sick off it at a Journey concert back in the mid 80s. :shake:

Heaven is a Funky Moose!