ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324583)

KCUnited 08-22-2019 02:35 PM

Seriously though, mayo is a fantastic base. Jazz that shit with whatever you like. Dijon, chipotle and adobo, sriracha, mashed avocado, etc. Most hot sauces are runny AF, add a little mayo and now it's spreadable.

Pitt Gorilla 08-22-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14405076)
If the spice is only contained in the sauce and not the breading/chicken, then Chick Fila stays winning.

Pretty sure Popeye's spice is in the breading. I agree, though, that spice in the sauce is completely different.

Simply Red 08-22-2019 02:37 PM

Champs and Rally's use Micracle Whip - as of late - not sure it was always like that.

blake5676 08-22-2019 02:40 PM

Ok....finally had one today for lunch. I'm an insanely big fan of Chick-Fil-A for all the reasons already stated in the thread. Not the political ones...those are stupid. The only people that care about what a fast food restaurant owner's political/religious beliefs are is someone looking to be offended.

Moving on to the actual sandwich, this thing is the ****ing bee's knees. Like I'm pretty sure I actually liked it more that CFA's spicy chicken sandwich which I never thought possible. Bun was great, chicken was great and really big, spicy mayo was good. It was seriously amazing.

All that being said, I'll still get Chick-Fil-A 8 times out of 10 when in the mood for a spicy chicken. The place is just so perfect in every way. It's clean, they're friendly, insanely efficient, etc etc. Also, I felt like a complete slob after eating that Popeye's sandwich. It was delicious in every sense of the word, but so much greasier and I felt fat after eating it. My conscience can be fine eating at CFA semi-regularly....don't think I can do Popeye's more than a few sporadic times here and there. But the hype is real....A+ from me.

Baby Lee 08-22-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14405076)
If the spice is only contained in the sauce and not the breading/chicken, then Chick Fila stays winning.

What on earth would make you think that Popeye's wouldn't think to actually spice the chicken on their spicy chicken?

Just because they spiced the mayo too?

Popeyes went into business for the purpose of putting spice right in/on the stinkin' chicken.

SMDH.

Setsuna 08-22-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14405039)
I preferred Miracle Whip to mayo when I was a kid. But at some point I moved over into the mayo camp. It's not like I hate Miracle Whip or anything, but it's been decades since I've bought or used it.

Fun fact: I used to eat peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches as a kid.

Yes, I know that's disgusting. :D

I ate Mayo and Ketchup sandwiches as a child. I now vomit at the thought of it now.

lewdog 08-22-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14405099)
Seriously though, mayo is a fantastic base. Jazz that shit with whatever you like. Dijon, chipotle and adobo, sriracha, mashed avocado, etc. Most hot sauces are runny AF, add a little mayo and now it's spreadable.

This all ****ing day.

No one is clamoring for just Mayo. Use it as the base for hundreds of easy to make sauces.

Miracle Whip can’t do that.

rabblerouser 08-22-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14405099)

But that would make the hot sauce taste like mayo, which is absolutely disgusting.

It's like mixing hot sauce and poop - all it does is ruin the hot sauce.

FAIL.

rabblerouser 08-22-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14405121)

Miracle Whip can’t do that.

Miracle Whip is mayo. It's all garbage.

KCUnited 08-22-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14405124)
But that would make the hot sauce taste like mayo, which is absolutely disgusting.

FAIL.

Keep enjoying that mushy cholula soaked bun dripping all over your khakis then.

Simply Red 08-22-2019 03:07 PM

I don't mind MW for an occasional cold cut sandwich - but yeah I prefer Mayo.

BigRedChief 08-22-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14404886)
I like to dip my fries in mayo. Yummy.

so your a closet Frenchman?ROFL

BigBeauford 08-22-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14405112)
What on earth would make you think that Popeye's wouldn't think to actually spice the chicken on their spicy chicken?

Just because they spiced the mayo too?

Popeyes went into business for the purpose of putting spice right in/on the stinkin' chicken.

SMDH.

I have read numerous reports that the only differentiation between the spicy version and non spicy version is either getting the mayo or spicy sauce.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

Here's one review link if you need the receipts.

Frazod 08-22-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14405133)
so your a closet Frenchman?ROFL

Actually I've been told it's a Scandinavian thing.

lewdog 08-22-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14405124)

FAIL.

How do you make creamy sauces without them?