ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Guesses: Does Berry play Sunday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320403)

penchief 01-14-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14036986)
Go and look at the vile hate being spewed against Berry on various threads on this forum and maybe, just maybe, you'll understand why some of us feel compelled to defend Eric.

A lot of the negativity is not vile at all. And much of the blowback is warranted due to the way the situation was handled by both the organization and Berry, himself. But you insist on lumping all criticism of Berry and the way he has handled this situation into a single category of "Berry Bashers."

If teams don't play for the fans who do they play for? And in this instance, the fans have been strung along and left out of the loop in a way that seems a tad inconsiderate. And whether it is accurate or not, Berry's conduct post-cancer diagnosis has come across as selfish and unappreciative of the way the organization and fans stood by him during his recovery.

Sassy Squatch 01-14-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14037626)
Dude is out there giving a pre-game speech that the Players are clearly responding to.

Deberg calls him a cancer. LMAO

The only drama EB has created is the drama with the fans because everyone was so nervous for so long about this defense.

Fact is, everyone turned on Berry because of how badly they want him on the field.

Wow. No shit, sherlock? Fans are frustrated with a top player getting paid top money at his position not playing because of a pain management issue despite the fact that the team thought he'd be ready by week 5 and our defense has been ****ing terrible all season? What a master of deductive reasoning.

htismaqe 01-14-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14038439)
He is not giving the Chiefs an out on his contract. ROFL

He is going to make them pay and pay and pay. Then he will force them to pay out the ass on an injury settlement.

Then he will suddenly get better and get a contract from another team and make the pro bowl. Giving the Chiefs the middle finger during halftime.

He's done dude. He's not going to play anywhere else.

htismaqe 01-14-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 14037827)
Lol, he's not retiring with the contract he's on.

It won't help the Chiefs if he does. He's still on the books until his contract is up.

suzzer99 01-14-2019 06:02 PM

If he couldn't go last week I doubt he's magically better in one week.

Could be interesting if he's ready for the Super Bowl though - and our defense plays another lights out game against NE. Maybe you don't change the formula?

threebag 01-14-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 14038599)
Given the stakes - if Berry was healthy enough to play he would be playing.

The fact he's played less than a game all year while being "day-to-day" tells me he either needs surgery to correct a problem or he needs to retire.

I hope he has surgery and comes back as strong as ever but I'm not optimistic.

I don’t see it. He has them buffaloed and gets his check regardless. He could go just doesn’t want to. Willie Roaf could hardly walk and he was a bulldozer on game day.

Later Haglunds

Coach 01-14-2019 06:49 PM

Unlikely.

ILChief 01-14-2019 06:50 PM

I'm not sure I want him to play at this point

ChiliConCarnage 01-14-2019 06:52 PM

It sucks but yeah Im not expecting anything

GloryDayz 01-14-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 14038599)
Given the stakes - if Berry was healthy enough to play he would be playing.

The fact he's played less than a game all year while being "day-to-day" tells me he either needs surgery to correct a problem or he needs to retire.

I hope he has surgery and comes back as strong as ever but I'm not optimistic.

He does Zumba workouts that would kill a healthy triple-crown winning horse... So there's that.

njchiefs 01-15-2019 05:10 AM

The vitriol is all about lack of transparency. If he or the organization had come out just once and said ok, this is specifically,what the issue is, and the reason why it’s a day to day thing. But they haven’t, and so it’s just a distraction that no one needs, and makes him look like a pussy.

threebag 01-15-2019 05:47 AM

Haglunds came out of the locker room and seen his shadow, 6 more weeks of no playing time

GloryDayz 01-15-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14039877)
Haglunds came out of the locker room and seen his shadow, 6 more weeks of no playing time

I get the science behind the shadow, but I wonder what prompted the bum to get off his Zumba ass and venture outside?

threebag 01-15-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14039950)
I get the science behind the shadow, but I wonder what prompted the bum to get off his Zumba ass and venture outside?

The Gods couldn’t keep up with his workouts so he had to give them a break. That’s when he went outside.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 07:38 AM

I think it's safe to assume at this point ZERO teams are game planning for Eric Berry. This story is probably going to be the highlight of the off season.