ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football *****Official Black Monday 2018 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319934)

RunKC 12-31-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13999187)
[Siciliano] John Elway also, when asked point blank, wouldn't rule out trading draft picks for a coach.

Kubiak worked with Keenum in Houston. Kubiak worked with Harbaugh in Baltimore.

I think this is their goal. Harbaugh HC, Kubiak OC. Not sure who their DC would be. Pagano was Harbaugh’s DC in Baltimore, so maybe that direction.

Sassy Squatch 12-31-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13999206)
Are you sure that you want to poach coaches from talent-laden defenses under the assumption that the coaches are the responsible parties for success instead of the players?

This is no different than taking a 49er backup QB or a Patriot coordinator/executive.

If the alternatives are hiring from within or Bowles, yea.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-31-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13999211)
Kubiak worked with Keenum in Houston. Kubiak worked with Harbaugh in Baltimore.

I think this is their goal. Harbaugh HC, Kubiak OC. Not sure who their DC would be. Pagano was Harbaugh’s DC in Baltimore, so maybe that direction.

You think Gary Kubiak, who won a SB with Denver as HC then retired due to medical reasons, would come back to the place where he won a SB as a coordinator?

CaliforniaChief 12-31-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Are you sure that you want to poach coaches from talent-laden defenses under the assumption that the coaches are the responsible parties for success instead of the players?

This is no different than taking a 49er backup QB or a Patriot coordinator/executive.

Probably the same warning should come for other teams with Bieniemy. I mean, Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Watkins aren't coming with him.

Not saying he wouldn't be a great HC, but he'll certainly benefit from that and being under Reid. We'd better get Kafka ready.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-31-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13999234)
Probably the same warning should come for other teams with Bieniemy. I mean, Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Watkins aren't coming with him.

Not saying he wouldn't be a great HC, but he'll certainly benefit from that and being under Reid. We'd better get Kafka ready.

I completely agree. Losing Bienemy is not going to hurt at all. Nagy looks like a genius. How much did losing him hurt the Chiefs?

Ninety-nine percent of these guys are completely replaceable. The trick with coaching isn't to find a genius but to avoid a ****-up that makes players worse--see Gunther Cunningham and Derrick Thomas, or almost any defensive-minded, conservative coach and a young QB.

Iconic 12-31-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Chicago went from a bottom 5 defense in 2014 to a top 15 one after Fangio joined them. He's kept that unit above average for four consecutive years.

Martindale worked under Peas since 2012 in Baltimore and they have had a history of success there.

I think I'm okay with poaching from these coaching staffs rather than the bottom ranked Jets or Cardinals.

BryanBusby 12-31-2018 04:11 PM

Steve Wilks was a major idiot and absolutely deserved to be fired. He took a decent Defense and switched it to a 4-3 because???? and apparently forgot they had one really good weapon on Offense. No way would I **** with this dude, even as a DC.

The only mistake they made was keeping the stupid ass GM.

chiefzilla1501 12-31-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

That's what I like about Ed Donatell. He was pretty good as a DC himself. Now that he knows fangios defense, I don't see why he couldn't be even better. What's great about fangios defense is in two places, not only did he make the five star dinner, he also shopped for the groceries.

FloridaMan88 12-31-2018 05:19 PM

I don’t get why Adam Gase is already apparently getting HC interviews... he had a Todd Haley in KC-like fluke playoff season and then mediocrity in Miami and his team quit on him.

JFC let him go be an OC somewhere to prove himself again.

DaKCMan AP 12-31-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13996672)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bucs&#39; statement from Joel Glazer says that GM Jason Licht will be conducting the team&#39;s search for a new head coach.</p>&mdash; Greg Auman (@gregauman) <a href="https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1079534801982500864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Licht has been beyond awful. No way should Tampa involve him in the HC search. Cut ties with him now. Their drafts have been terrible.

Deberg_1990 12-31-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13999769)
I don’t get why Adam Gase is already apparently getting HC interviews... he had a Todd Haley in KC-like fluke playoff season and then mediocrity in Miami and his team quit on him.

I wonder how many guys Peyton Manning got promoted Over his career?

htismaqe 01-01-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

The NFL has always been somewhat this way. Many teams overvalue head coaching experience.

Why Not? 01-01-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13999594)
Steve Wilks was a major idiot and absolutely deserved to be fired. He took a decent Defense and switched it to a 4-3 because???? and apparently forgot they had one really good weapon on Offense. No way would I **** with this dude, even as a DC.

The only mistake they made was keeping the stupid ass GM.

100% accurate.

Why Not? 01-01-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

For all the shit the NFL ****s up, the are a global leader in environmentalism. Nobody recycles like the NFL.

displacedinMN 01-01-2019 05:28 PM

op updated