ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV ESPN plans another big round of layoffs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311479)

RunKC 06-30-2023 01:33 PM

Pat McAffee took Max Kellermans job. His new showing is taking over Max's old time slot apparently

RealSNR 06-30-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17001468)
Pat McAffee took Max Kellermans job. His new showing is taking over Max's old time slot apparently

Pat McAfee without the profanity isn’t going to be any better than Kellerman.

alpha_omega 06-30-2023 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17001346)
Steve Young, Max Kellerman, Suzy Kolber, Jeff Van Gundy, Matt Hasselbeck, Todd McShay, Keyshawn Johnson and Jalen Rose all got laid off by ESPN this morning

Sux about Kolber and Van Gundy.

The rest? See ya.

siberian khatru 06-30-2023 02:05 PM

What a bloodbath

Chieftain 06-30-2023 02:08 PM

I liked Kellerman and Kolber. The rest were a bunch of deadweight.

KC_Connection 06-30-2023 02:09 PM

So did Disney pretty much have ESPN axe everyone making a bit of money other than Stephen A and SVP? Seems like it.

tredadda 06-30-2023 02:12 PM

Yet Steven A. Smith and Mad Dog or whatever his name is remain.

Mecca 06-30-2023 02:32 PM

ESPN pays so much for game rights they are going to run skeleton crews with no names.

BryanBusby 06-30-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17001458)
ESPN would know through the traffic and video views which of the draft guys get the most hits, I'm sure Kiper's mocks do the trick.

Or hear me out here. They're really not sure what they're doing.

Mecca 06-30-2023 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17001668)
Or hear me out here. They're really not sure what they're doing.

It's about the bottom line, ESPN is a money loser.

RealSNR 06-30-2023 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17001630)
ESPN pays so much for game rights they are going to run skeleton crews with no names.

I was curious who is even doing their Sunday NFL countdown show these days. Haven't watched in years, probably since Berman retired.

Apparently it's somebody named Samantha Ponder as host as well as Tedy Bruschi, Randy Moss, and Rex Ryan, with Hasselbeck recently getting axed. Whether they'll replace any of those others remains to be seen, but I don't see anybody that makes me really go, "Oh, that guy says cool and funny things all the time! It's probably worth my time to watch this!"

Only so many times you can get good TV out of a former diva WR, a dick-sucking Patriot blowhard whose only contribution is telling players to do their jobs, and an old man yelling at a cloud because you can't hit QBs anymore.

Mecca 06-30-2023 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17001685)
I was curious who is even doing their Sunday NFL countdown show these days. Haven't watched in years, probably since Berman retired.

Apparently it's somebody named Samantha Ponder as host as well as Tedy Bruschi, Randy Moss, and Rex Ryan, with Hasselbeck recently getting axed. Whether they'll replace any of those others remains to be seen, but I don't see anybody that makes me really go, "Oh, that guy says cool and funny things all the time! It's probably worth my time to watch this!"

Only so many times you can get good TV out of a former diva WR, a dick-sucking Patriot blowhard whose only contribution is telling players to do their jobs, and an old man yelling at a cloud because you can't hit QBs anymore.

They still have a metric shitton of NFL guys.

Damien Woody
Orlovsky
Bruschi
Ninkovich
Moss
Rex Ryan
Louis Reddick
Herm
I'm sure I'm missing a few...

BryanBusby 06-30-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17001673)
It's about the bottom line, ESPN is a money loser.

By their own doing. They set the rates they pay for broadcasting rights to games so they respond with stupid decision making.

That's before covering other stupid shit like breaking up Mike & Mike.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06-30-2023 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17001694)
They still have a metric shitton of NFL guys.

Damien Woody
Orlovsky
Bruschi
Ninkovich
Moss
Rex Ryan
Louis Reddick
Herm
I'm sure I'm missing a few...

I thought I read in the WSJ today that Ninkovich got let go a few weeks ago.

Mecca 06-30-2023 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17001724)
By their own doing. They set the rates they pay for broadcasting rights to games so they respond with stupid decision making.

That's before covering other stupid shit like breaking up Mike & Mike.

Mike Greenberg didn't wanna keep doing that show and he's paid like one of their top anchors, it financially made no sense.