ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Romo rumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305387)

New World Order 02-03-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12724053)
Sure seems to be alot of media attention on the Chiefs QB situation, Romo to KC, and Smith to the Jets type of stuff lately. If KC can get more trading Smith to the Jets than they give up getting Romo from Dallas, I'd be pretty damn happy.

If the Chiefs do trade for Romo, they need to restructure and retain Foles.

Another question... would anyone entertain Johnny Manziel on a 1-year, vet min, prove it type of deal? I wouldn't mind a Romo/Foles/Manziel QB group heading into next year. If the draft presents a good option, get him, you're not tied to Manziel.

But what about the 15 touchdown passes?

Alex is one of the best at setting up the punter.

nychief 02-03-2017 07:10 AM

There is absolute no smoke here... just Peter king playing make believe. They're certainly not talking about Alex smith in NYC...
This shot will have no legs until romo is realeased.

Mile High Mania 02-03-2017 07:17 AM

I can't imagine there's a team truly interested in trading whatever Jerry wants and then assuming that huge cap # with Romo's history.

Dallas is staring at having to cut him, eating all that cap space... unless some team makes them an offer. I don't see it, I think Dallas will be forced to cut him and then whatever team wants to pay him, they can pay him.

I don't see Denver getting involved, I'm sure many of you think it makes sense, but it doesn't. They made that run with Manning, they won't consider it with Romo.. and they don't need to. They had to make a splash with Elway being young in his tenure in the role and they wanted to move on from Tebow.

They're better off with what they have over Romo right now.

KChiefs1 02-03-2017 07:48 AM

He's going to Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClevelandBronco 02-03-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12724181)
He's going to Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he has any sense of self preservation, he doesn't consider taking a single snap behind the Broncos' O line. I just don't see it.

Dayze 02-03-2017 08:49 AM

Added to My Irrational Hatred List:

Tony Romo's throwing delivery.

it's in the same ballpark as Vince Young's...

Bowser 02-03-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12724053)
Sure seems to be alot of media attention on the Chiefs QB situation, Romo to KC, and Smith to the Jets type of stuff lately. If KC can get more trading Smith to the Jets than they give up getting Romo from Dallas, I'd be pretty damn happy.

If the Chiefs do trade for Romo, they need to restructure and retain Foles.

Another question... would anyone entertain Johnny Manziel on a 1-year, vet min, prove it type of deal? I wouldn't mind a Romo/Foles/Manziel QB group heading into next year. If the draft presents a good option, get him, you're not tied to Manziel.

No to Romo, hell no **** no to Manziel. Johnny is damaged goods between the ears, and I would be absolutely shocked if he got another shot in the NFL. I mean, he got cut by the Cleveland Browns. Think about that for a minute.

If we could have gotten five years ago Romo, then absolutely. We traded for Montana when he was 37, but Tony Romo ain't no Joe Montana, and he's even more beat up than Joe was when he came here. Just say no to aging vets on the downside of their career (and personally, I have a feeling Romo ends up in Arizona. We'll see).

The best case scenario for us would be to trade Alex to the Jets, restructure Foles and give him the reins this year, and draft a legit future starter at QB to let him sit and learn under Andy who is a whiz of a coach with QB's. That's a ton of moving pieces, but that seems to me to be our best bet going forward to me (thus ensuring none of it will happen).

O.city 02-03-2017 09:17 AM

Why does everyone want to see nick ****ing foles?

If your moving on from smith, cut foles, use the money from them both to further solidify the roster, and play the rookie.

BleedingRed 02-03-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12724245)
Added to My Irrational Hatred List:

Tony Romo's throwing delivery.

it's in the same ballpark as Vince Young's...

What? Tony Romo has one of the best throwing motions in the league. Not to mention a quick compact release....

BigCatDaddy 02-03-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12724302)

If your moving on from smith, cut foles, use the money from them both to further solidify the roster, and play the rookie.

He can be a stop gap for a rook or security blanket for Romo. I dont think anyone thinks he is going to be the missing link.

Bowser 02-03-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12724302)

But that right there is why I want Foles on for next year - how many rookies are NFL ready week 1? Why rush a rook QB on this team when we have Reid, who can help the kid grow without getting him killed or crushing his confidence by playing him before he's ready?

Plus, Andy drafted Foles. He obviously sees something in him, so I trust in Andy if he deems him worthy of being the starter in '17.

O.city 02-03-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12724312)
But that right there is why I want Foles on for next year - how many rookies are NFL ready week 1? Why rush a rook QB on this team when we have Reid, who can help the kid grow without getting him killed or crushing his confidence by playing him before he's ready?

Plus, Andy drafted Foles. He obviously sees something in him, so I trust in Andy if he deems him worthy of being the starter in '17.

Look how many rookie starters we've had in the league the last couple years.

This whole "he needs to sit til he's ready " stuff is overblown.

How much is the guy going to be asked to do in week 1? I mean, we feel it was good enough when our current starter throws for 200 yards and a td. A rookie can't do that?

O.city 02-03-2017 09:32 AM

And that seems counterintuitive. We have Reid, if he can't get a rookie qb up to speed and or put him in good spots to succeed, who can?

NJChiefsFan 02-03-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12723563)
Had he been our QB instead of Alice, I think we win the Super Bowl last year and would be gearing up to play this Sunday.

I think at least one of the past two would have had us in it.

Bowser 02-03-2017 09:43 AM

If we land the next Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, or Marcus Mariota, then hell yeah - go for it. The problem is, those guys are few and far between.