ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bills GM: 'Time is now' to trade up for a QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267664)

mcaj22 12-14-2012 03:04 PM

Geno Smith is not an elite prospect. Definitely a good prospect/player though.

whoman69 12-14-2012 03:18 PM

The Chiefs have forfeited the ability to judge an QB prospect elite or not. Their need is so great that if the player is a first round talent, he must be drafted. Its QB or bust. If the player busts then we rinse/repeat in 3 years.

Nightfyre 12-14-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9208412)

Thanks for that completely subjective and well-thought analysis. You are such a waste of space.

BossChief 12-14-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Give me 5 reasons why.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9208462)
The Chiefs have forfeited the ability to judge an QB prospect elite or not. Their need is so great that if the player is a first round talent, he must be drafted. Its QB or bust. If the player busts then we rinse/repeat in 3 years.

Yep.

bricks 12-14-2012 03:41 PM

If the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick, and the Bills come along and want to trade up to the Chiefs slot, would you do it?

The Chiefs could possibly still get a QB with Bills pick. But just knowing that they could receive a ton from the Bills, hmmmm....something to think about.

I'm with the majority that they should draft a QB, but, I don't think that you have to go 1st overall to get one. I still think they should draft one in the 1st regardless though.

I just don't feel as if drafting a QB is going to be the answer overnight. This team needs more than just a QB, if they can still get a ton of picks and a QB then the chances of addressing the holes on this team improve far more significantly.

It's something to think about. Having the 1st overall pick is almost like a luxury in this case.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Trollin'......down in New Orleeeeeeeans...

Sorter 12-14-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9208538)
If the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick, and the Bills come along and want to trade up to the Chiefs slot, would you do it?

The Chiefs could possibly still get a QB with Bills pick. But just knowing that they could receive a ton from the Bills, hmmmm....something to think about.

I'm with the majority that they should draft a QB, but, I don't think that you have to go 1st overall to get one. I still think they should draft one in the 1st regardless though.

I just don't feel as if drafting a QB is going to be the answer overnight. This team needs more than just a QB, if they can still get a ton of picks and a QB then the chances of addressing the holes on this team improve far more significantly.

It's something to think about. Having the 1st overall pick is almost like a luxury in this case.

I'm sure the Rams are much happier with Bradford, Brockers, Jenkins and co. instead of RGIII.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2012 03:45 PM

So now the Bills want to piss on my Chocolate Painii Parade, eh?

NEVAR!!!!!!

htismaqe 12-14-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9208538)

We haven't had a top flight QB in TWENTY YEARS. We haven't had a homegrown QB EVER.

But having the 1st overall pick is "almost like a luxury".

I may have to take a break from the board because I don't think I can listen to this shit for 3 months.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9208555)
I'm sure the Rams are much happier with Bradford, Brockers, Jenkins and co. instead of RGIII.

Exactly.

bricks 12-14-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9208555)

RGIII is a special player.

How do we know if Geno is that good?

Is there an elite QB prospect in this draft?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9208575)

There is no Luck. There rarely if ever is. That said, it's time to take the shot and Geno is the Top Man for the gig.

BigCatDaddy 12-14-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9208575)

Nobody thought RGIII was anything special this time last year.

You never "know" anything as there is always risk with any player no matter what someone says.

Brock 12-14-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9208584)
Nobody thought RGIII was anything special this time last year.

Other than that whole winning the Heisman thing. let's not rewrite history.